Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent)

Not quite sure why they bothered to bring her back, she hasn't really done much. Plus I remember before she went off to uni she was really sharp and funny and now she just moans.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Coronation Street bosses have rubbished tabloid rumours suggesting that Sophie Webster will question her sexuality again.

A report in The Mirror today had claimed that the lesbian character could "switch her attentions to men" in a forthcoming storyline twist.

The article alleged that Sophie, played by Brooke Vincent, would become confused after her relationship with Sian Powers ended in heartbreak at Christmas.

However, a Coronation Street spokesperson strongly refuted the claims this morning, telling Digital Spy that there are no plans for such a storyline.

The representative said: "There is no truth whatsoever in claims that Sophie will question her sexuality again. We don't know where this rumour has come from."

Sophie's romance with Sian recently hit the rocks as Sacha Parkinson, who played the blonde, left the show late last year.

Nikki Patel, who portrayed Sophie's other love interest Amber Kalirai, has also departed Coronation Street and her final scenes will air later this month.

Coronation Street's portrayal of Sophie's story has previously won the soap praise from lesbian, gay and bisexual rights charity Stonewall. The show won the 'Broadcast of the Year' gong at the organisation's annual awards in 2010.

Would rather see Sophie leaving instead of Amber.

Coronation Street's Brooke Vincent has admitted that she misses former co-star Sacha Parkinson.

The former on-screen lesbian couple, who are close friends in real life, were separated when Parkinson's character Sian Powers was written out of the ITV soap.

The Sophie Webster actress told MSN: "It's just more like work, it's more like I have to concentrate and when she was there I just kind of had a laugh. It is different but I do still enjoy it."

Parkinson had appeared in the Weatherfield serial since 2008. She shed tears while appearing on This Morning shortly before her exit.

Meanwhile, Vincent revealed that she is pleased to still be working with Sally Dynevor and Michael Le Vell, who play Sophie's parents Sally and Kevin.

"They're lovely," the 19-year-old gushed. "Obviously we all have a close bond because we all work together so much. It is really nice and I love Michael and Sally, so I'm quite happy at work at the moment."

Hinting that her alter ego might experience a quieter period in terms of storylines, she added: "I'm kind of enjoying dipping in and out with my character, but I'm quite easy-going about her."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street's Brooke Vincent has admitted that she misses former co-star Sacha Parkinson.

The former on-screen lesbian couple, who are close friends in real life, were separated when Parkinson's character Sian Powers was written out of the ITV soap.

The Sophie Webster actress told MSN: "It's just more like work, it's more like I have to concentrate and when she was there I just kind of had a laugh. It is different but I do still enjoy it."

Parkinson had appeared in the Weatherfield serial since 2008. She shed tears while appearing on This Morning shortly before her exit.

Meanwhile, Vincent revealed that she is pleased to still be working with Sally Dynevor and Michael Le Vell, who play Sophie's parents Sally and Kevin.

"They're lovely," the 19-year-old gushed. "Obviously we all have a close bond because we all work together so much. It is really nice and I love Michael and Sally, so I'm quite happy at work at the moment."

Hinting that her alter ego might experience a quieter period in terms of storylines, she added: "I'm kind of enjoying dipping in and out with my character, but I'm quite easy-going about her."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has reportedly signed a new six-figure contract.

The deal will keep the actress, who plays Sophie Webster, in the ITV1 soap for another year, the Daily Star Sunday reports.

Vincent was said to be considering taking a break to spend time in London with her Chelsea footballer boyfriend Josh McEachran, but Corrie boss Phil Collinson offered her some major storylines and a pay rise.

He was apparently "determined" to keep her following the departure of on-screen sister Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan) and Sophie's ex-girlfriend Sian Powers (Sacha Parkinson).

"Everyone loves Sophie, and Phil did all he could to make her stay. They've got some huge storylines planned, including a new love interest, and there's lots more coming up for the Webster family," a source said.

"Brooke is one of the hottest young soap actresses out there and Phil knows that keeping such talent on the show is key to its success in the future. That's why he offered her such a big contract.

"She's only just on six figures but that brings her in line with the rest of the longer-serving cast members. Brooke is delighted and has been telling everyone how happy she is to be staying.

"There had been talks of her moving to London and taking some time out but she loves Corrie and decided she'd sign for another year."

The new contract will see Vincent enter her eighth year on Coronation Street after joining aged 12.

Kym Marsh apparently secured a new three-year, £500,000 deal last week for her role as Michelle Connor.

Coronation Street's Brooke Vincent has said that popstar Rihanna would be her ideal on-screen girlfriend.

The Weatherfield actress, who plays Sophie Webster, suggested that she hopes her lesbian alter ego finds love in an upcoming storyline.

"She's single and ready to mingle! I'd have Rihanna as her dream girlfriend," she told The Sun.

Vincent also commented on reports that Snoop Dogg and Kim Kardashian could cameo on the ITV soap.

Speaking to Bang Showbiz at the premiere of Magic Mike, the star added: "I think he should [appear], I like Snoop Dogg. And apparently Kim Kardashian wants to be on Corrie as well, so she can come and show her **** off!

"Snoop could be like my drug dealer or something. I'd get addicted to drugs off Snoop Dogg."

She recently stated that she hopes writers don't change Sophie's sexuality in the future.

Sad Sophie Webster will be told she may never walk again *after a drug-fuelled car smash.

We can reveal the poor lass (Brooke Vincent, 20) will face life in a wheelchair when pal Ryan Connor crashes his car and leaves her for dead.

In horrific scenes to be screened next month, Ryan, high on cocaine, gets behind the wheel, loses control and crashes.
    But instead of sticking around, the cowardly drug addict – played by Sol Heras, 25 – does a runner just as the emergency services arrive on the scene.

Weatherfield’s Ken Barlow (Bill Roache, 80) breaks the news to shocked punters in the Rovers Return. He then returns home to tell wife Deirdre (Anne Kirkbride, 58) and Tracy (Kate Ford, 34) who has been enjoying a romance with the local bad boy.

Sombre Ken tells them: “I bumped into Sally on the way back from the hospital. Sophie’s had an operation on her back.
    “She’s awake but there’s a chance she’ll never walk again.”

When Deirdre asks what happened, he explains: “She was with Ryan.
    “He was high on drugs, dodging cars on the road or something. According to Sally he ran off when the ambulance came.”

Ken fears for Tracy following her involvement with Ryan. He warns her: “You should cast him away without a second thought.”

Corrie insiders says this is going to be one of the biggest storylines of the aut*umn and the fallout will be felt for months.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (30-08-2012), tammyy2j (30-08-2012)

She will probably miraclously walk at xmas this year or next

I would hope the writers follow through and keep her in a wheel chair

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    She will probably miraclously walk at xmas this year or next

I would hope the writers follow through and keep her in a wheel chair
    didnt we think she may never walk again when she fell from the Church roof pi**ed??!

miraculously the good lord helped her rise up and walk again then, he will do the same for her here. (after a suitable period of nail biting)......

Thread Information