Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent)

I hope Sian is back when this all happens.. just so she can be by Sophie's bedside

If that Church is like any other , that will be some distance she will falling from and should cause her severe of damage if she survives, which she more than likey will but again it will likely be scratches and bruises.

Quote Originally Posted by walsh2509 View Post
    If that Church is like any other , that will be some distance she will falling from and should cause her severe of damage if she survives, which she more than likey will but again it will likely be scratches and bruises.
    It says earlier that she is left fighting for her life, so there will be more than scratches and bruises

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    It says earlier that she is left fighting for her life, so there will be more than scratches and bruises
    probably, but then two weeks later she's be as right as rain, this is a soap after all...
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has revealed that she was thrilled when she heard about her character's upcoming roof fall horror.

As first reported last month, the actress's alter ego Sophie Webster is to plunge from the top of her local church in a dramatic new storyline on the ITV1 soap.

Sophie's shock accident occurs as she pays a drunken visit to her pastor amid mounting problems in her personal life.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday about the plot, Vincent commented: "I was so excited when I first saw the scripts. I love my job but anything you have to do away from the set on location is always very exciting.

"And then there was the small matter of the stunt. I'd never done one before and had to fall off the roof on to a mat. I really enjoyed filming it but that's all I'm allowed to say. You'll all have to wait to see whether she pulls through."

Sophie is currently at a low ebb on screen as her parents have split up, she has been expelled from college and her girlfriend Sian (Sacha Parkinson) has left for a holiday.

Brooke Vincent has revealed more details of the tension which will develop between Sophie and Sian in forthcoming episodes of Coronation Street.

As reported last month, a wedge is driven between the Weatherfield couple when Sophie discovers that Sian is on friendly terms with a girl named Chloe - making her feel jealous.

Although Sian insists that she only considers Chloe as a friend, an irrational Sophie struggles to believe her.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday about her character's new storyline, Vincent explained: "Sophie gets it into her head that Sian is cheating on her. She starts acting all jealous and possessive again which really does Sian's head in.

"She's had it tough these last few months, what with her parents getting divorced, and her biggest fear is Sian leaving her. I can kind of understand why she's acting how she is but no matter what Sian says, she just doesn't believe her.

"They have this huge row and Sian storms off. Sophie is heartbroken but she knows she only has herself to blame."

Sophie relationship problems form part of the build-up to her upcoming accident plotline, which sees her drunkenly fall from a church roof.

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has explained why her character Sophie Webster behaves so dangerously in her forthcoming accident storyline.

As revealed back in January, Sophie is to fall from the top of a church after drunkenly climbing on to its roof following an argument with her pastor.

Since details of the plot first emerged, fans have speculated over whether the troubled teenager is making a suicide attempt or if her fall is merely an accident.

However, in a new interview with TV Choice, Vincent confirmed that Sophie does not intend to cause harm to herself but is not thinking clearly due to the ongoing problems in her personal life.

She commented: "I think it's more of a dramatic statement. She's been drinking and she decides to go and see her pastor. She's worried that all the bad things that have been happening to her recently are her punishment for being gay.

"Climbing up on to the roof is just something she does on impulse because she's upset and confused. It's not something she's planned."

Coronation Street's lesbian couple have vowed to quit the ITV1 soap if producers call time on their romance.

Brooke Vincent and Sacha Parkinson - who play teen lovers Sophie Webster and Sian Powers - insist they will leave the show altogether if 'Corrie' bosses split their alter-egos up, because they think they made a great partnership.

Brooke explained: "'If they split us up, I'd leave. It's made too much impact for them to break it up. It's gone past the line. Me and Sach think we should win Best Partnership at the Soap Awards.

"Too many people have come up to us and said, 'Thank you. Without this, I wouldn't have been able to come out to my parents or have people accept me'.

"There's a pressure to make it 100 per cent believable. Because we're not gay ourselves, it could be like watching someone in a film trying to put on an Irish accent and getting it totally wrong."

The pair - who are the first lesbian couple to feature 'Coronation Street' - admitted they are gradually turning into their characters, and tell one another they love each other "all the time".

Sacha added to heat magazine: "We just come as a pair now. We tell each other we love each other all the time. I think we're really starting to become our characters."

(C) BANG Media International

CORRIE love cheat Kevin Webster's marriage may be in tatters since wife Sally discovered his wayward ways - but she still gives him a shoulder to cry on.
    Sally - played by Sally Dynevor, 47, - booted Kevin (Michael Le Vell) out of their house after finding out the mechanic played away with shop worker Molly Dobbs (Vicky Binns).

And she was furious when she realised Molly's tot Jack was Kevin's son following the tram crash that killed off the mistress.

But when their youngest daughter Sophie (Brooke Vincent) ends up in hospital after falling from a church roof, Sally still lets Kevin cry on her shoulder.

Troubled teen Sophie takes a tumble after becoming jealous of girlfriend Sian Powers' (Sacha Parkinson) friendship with another girl.

She gets boozed up on cider and confronts her pastor thinking God hates her - but after clambering onto the church roof she ends up falling onto a parked car.

Shocked Kevin and Sally are left praying for a miracle for their badly injured daughter.

But will the emotional turmoil be enough to spark a make-up between the pair? Watch the dramatic scenes on ITV1 on Friday.

(c) The Sun

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-03-2011)

Here's Brooke Vincent (Sophie) and Sacha Parkinson (Sian) as you've never seen them before. It's a Playboy bunny photoshoot for Heat Magazine. There's more pictures of the Coronation Street actresses at the Daily Mail website.

Thread Information