Page 310 of 331 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3310

Thread: Current Episode Discussion VII

Wow those are great ratings and im not surprised

Im so disappointed!!!!!!

I have watched Eastenders for 15 years now and along the way i have watched some amazing acting and story lines, and some have been pretty much........no brainers.
    I was so amazed at the story line for Ronnie Mitchell, doesn't this character deserve a little bit of happiness? It was so exciting to know that her daughter that she had given away and grieved for all her life was right under her nose. How lovely this is going to be when she finds out that she exists and can start living her life with her............or so most of the UK's viewers thought!

What kind of people are writing the utter tripe that i watched the other night. Dont get me wrong the acting was fantasic, and these characters deserve better story lines. But can someone please explain to me, why these writers feel that when a story line is coming to its climax, to end it so abruptly by killing them off with the usual Eastenders death.....being run over......yawn how boring. It was so good up until that point.

Danielles death was completely un nessary and a waste of our viewing time. So now what does Ronnie do, i can predict, probably go insanely crazy over her daughters death and run Archie over in the square as revenge. When if she had cuddled her long lost daughter outside the tube station it could have been left with a happier and more interesting next part of her life.

To be honest after seeing that episode i am NEVER watching Eastenders again, i have never felt so depressed after watching a soap. Why do the writers feel they need every character to have a cursed life. Its so unimaginative a monkey could write better scripts.........Boring, boring, boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Not feeling sorry for Janine; she had a point about Stacey but to an extent the damage that she did can be undone; they're all still alive. She was acting as if she hadn't done much wrong it seemed to me; she should be charged for manslaughter at least, if not speeding as well. I felt sorry for her when she went to prison for killing Laura as she hadn't done it but she got away with Barry and I don't think she should be getting away with killing someone twice.
    I dont get why she should be charged for manslaughter. Danielle just walked into the road without checking. I dont like Janine but i dont thin she was fully to blame.

Loved the episodes.

In the end i am glad that they killed Danielle off, i mean if they kept her alive what would happen? Her and Ronnie live happily ever after and it would get boring.
    I figured out why I'm so fat!!! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body" on the bottle. I'm going to start using dishwasher liquid, cos it says "removes fat that is otherwise difficult to remove" on the bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by miccisy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Not feeling sorry for Janine; she had a point about Stacey but to an extent the damage that she did can be undone; they're all still alive. She was acting as if she hadn't done much wrong it seemed to me; she should be charged for manslaughter at least, if not speeding as well. I felt sorry for her when she went to prison for killing Laura as she hadn't done it but she got away with Barry and I don't think she should be getting away with killing someone twice.
    I dont get why she should be charged for manslaughter. Danielle just walked into the road without checking. I dont like Janine but i dont thin she was fully to blame.
    I feel the same, well the difference is I like Janine but I dont think she should go down
    I wonder how they would treat people if it was someone else driving

This may not go down well with some people on here or on other messgeboards but EE made the right choice in the end in Killing off Danielle . I am gutted about this though I thought her character and the acrress Lauren crace were both amazing from start to finish . But this is all about what make a character and Ronnie is a TRAGIC character on the show . They said in the BBC 3 show that just having a few moments with each other then ripping it away is made for powerful and emotional viewing . Eastenders has now moved into it`s goldern genartion . We will see drama we have not seen before . All these pretision and facebook appeals for Danielle`s comeback will not prove anything . It`s is ashame that some people only discover when Daniell/Lauren was gone/going that she was any good, such is the world we live in . I look forward to Ronnie`s downward progression into mental breakdown , only Sam can do this best .
    I can`t wait to the award season EE will clean up , oh boy the other soaps must wonder what to do now . They will copy what EE do , which will be such a shame .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshwizard For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (04-04-2009), Siobhan (06-04-2009)

^ I agree actually. I think it was the right decision to kill her off, I could never imagine her being a long term character on the show. What would they have done with her really? It wouldn't have worked.

Also I was thinking, you know when Danielle first came into it how did she know where to find Ronnie?
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Wasnt ronnies name on the list? you know a list where if the adopted children want to get in touch with their parents they can??

Oh right I see, but wasn't Ronnie supposed to be living in Spain with Roxy?
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I sent a complaint into the BBC here is the reply I got...

Thank you for your e-mail.

We note your disappointment with the ending of 'EastEnders' on 02 April. However, we would stress that it contained all the elements of a classic soap episode – a wedding, high drama, and tragedy.

We acknowledge we didn't deliver the happy ending many of the audience may have been hoping for, and that for some people this was upsetting. We hope viewers will understand that our aim is to always deliver the best drama possible.

The storyline between Ronnie and Danielle was always going to be a challenging one and the producers decided from the offset that their relationship as mother and daughter would be short lived. Giving Ronnie what she'd always wanted in the long run would have impacted on what we were trying to achieve and although Danielle's death may have been shocking for some viewers 'EastEnders', like all good drama, contains a balance of storylines, both happy and sad.

Please be assured that we have registered your comments on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

BBC Complaints

Is it me or does Ronnie remind you of Sharon?
    Last edited by Timalay; 05-04-2009 at 08:55.

Thread Information