Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Music News Thread

Cancer delays Beastie Boys album

The Beastie Boys' album and summer tour have been postponed after band member Adam Yauch disclosed that he is suffering from cancer.

In a posting on the band's website, Yauch reveals a cancerous tumour in his left salivary gland will need surgery. He is expected to recover fully.

"I just need a little time to get this in check and then we'll release the record and play some shows," he wrote.

Hot Sauce Committee Part I was due to be released on 15 September.

The band had been due to play a number of headlining slots at festivals across the US, including the Lollapalooza event.

One of the act's last live performances was at Tennessee's Bonnaroo music festival last month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8160016.stm

I hope he will recover fully

Organisers of the Glade Festival have announced the sale of early bird tickets for next year's event.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a1...lade-2010.html

cheryl Cole 'plans secret duet with Alexandra Burke'

Cheryl Cole is planning a secret duet with last year's X Factor winner Alexandra Burke, it has been claimed.
    The Girls Aloud singer, who was Burke's mentor on the reality talent show, is said to have discussed a possible collaboration with the blessing of Simon Cowell.
    A source told Heat: "Cheryl's been very involved in Alexandra's career so far and calls her a lot to see how she is, even inviting her over for 'girly nights' where they sit and chat about how things are going and the pressure she's under.
    "She's already spoken to Alexandra about collaborating with her next year. Simon thinks that if Alex and Cheryl did a single, it would be a huge hit."
    The insider added: "He'd definitely put his weight behind it as he knows how popular they both are with the public. He said it would be a 'sure-fire hit' and Cheryl agrees."
    Last week, it was reported that Cole had bought Burke a luxury holiday to the Seychelles for her 21st birthday.

from ds
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Westlife confirm album before 2010

Westlife have confirmed that they will release their next album before 2010.

The Irish boyband, who put out their last LP Back Home two years ago, announced that their ninth studio record will be available this winter.

In a statement on their official website, they said: "It's been a while. We have much to tell you! Earlier this year there was a meeting in London. Not long after that meeting, the search for new songs began. We searched far and wide.

"Our search proved to be very successful and we can't conceal our excitement any longer!"

The group added: "It is our great pleasure to announce the following... there will be a new album this year. We are very happy with all the new songs and simply cannot wait to hear what you think of them!"

Oh no not Pestlife.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-10-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Westlife have confirmed that they will release their next album before 2010.

The Irish boyband, who put out their last LP Back Home two years ago, announced that their ninth studio record will be available this winter.

In a statement on their official website, they said: "It's been a while. We have much to tell you! Earlier this year there was a meeting in London. Not long after that meeting, the search for new songs began. We searched far and wide.

"Our search proved to be very successful and we can't conceal our excitement any longer!"

The group added: "It is our great pleasure to announce the following... there will be a new album this year. We are very happy with all the new songs and simply cannot wait to hear what you think of them!"
    its out end of november..
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    Oh no not Pestlife.
    Chris don't pretend you don't like them their new album will be on your Santa list.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Kelly Rowland Names Album: Here I Am

Kelly Rowland has unveiled the title for her third studio album.

The ex-Destiny's Child star has named her new record Here I Am and indicated that it will be released sometime this fall.

It will be the first album that she will release through Universal Motown. She has teamed up with a variety of producers including RedOne, Dr. Luke, Stargate and Rodney Jerkins.

"I was talking to my product manager [and] I said I wanted people to know that this is the record, the sound I¹ve been working toward... that here I am," Rowland told Billboard.

"And she said, 'that's the title'. It just connected with my heart and the music as well. It stands for everything I've gone through and thought about for this record as a woman. It's very strong."

Rowland recently teamed up with Italian DJ Alex Gaudino for a new single called 'What A Feeling'.

She is currently at number 32 in the US Hot 100 with her track 'Motivation'.

Watch the video for Kelly Rowland's 'Motivation' below:

Thread Information