Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Music News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    i thought they were braking up?
    I heard it was Girls aloud who are breaking up due to Cheryl getting more than the rest of them
    Super Mod

Spector found guilty of murder

MUSIC producer Phil Spector has been found guilty of the murder of Hollywood actress Lana Clarkson.

Spector, 69, was convicted of second degree murder today following a five-month retrial at Los Angeles Superior Court.
    The jury was unanimous in its verdict after the first trial ended in deadlock in September 2007.
    Lana Clarkson, 40, died of a gunshot fired into her mouth while seated in the foyer of Spector's hill-top mansion in 2003.
    The defense had claimed she killed herself.
    More to follow...

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Phil Spector convicted of murder

US music producer Phil Spector has been convicted of murdering actress Lana Clarkson at his home six years ago. The 68-year-old, famous for the "Wall of Sound" recording technique, faces between 15 years and life in prison.
    He had pleaded not guilty to the second degree murder of 40-year-old Ms Clarkson, who was shot in the mouth at Spector's home in Los Angeles.
    Spector remained quiet as the verdict was read out. He was remanded in custody until sentencing on 29 May.
    His young wife Rachelle sobbed as the verdict was announced.
    Spector had looked frail as he entered the Los Angeles Superior Court earlier, dressed in a black suit with a bright red tie.
    The jury took some 30 hours of deliberation to reach their unanimous guilty verdict.
    They had the option of returning a verdict of involuntary manslaughter, but chose not do so.
    An earlier trial was abandoned in 2007 after a jury failed to reach a unanimous decision.
    Second degree murder falls between first degree murder, which requires proof of pre-meditation, and manslaughter.
    Stun gun
    Actress Clarkson, 40, had been working as a hostess at the House of Blues venue in Los Angeles, and went home with Spector on the night of her death.
    After appearing in cult 1980s films such as Barbarian Queen and Fast Times at Ridgemont High, her acting career had hit the rocks.
    Spector had arrived at the club with waitress Kathy Sullivan, before setting his sights on Ms Clarkson.
    Spector's Brazilian chauffeur, Adriano De Souza, said his boss appeared to be intoxicated and that Ms Clarkson was initially reluctant to go home with the music producer.
    She was found dead in the foyer of his house in the early hours of the morning.
    A holster that matched the snub-nosed Cold Cobra revolver that Spector used to kill her was found in a drawer in the foyer.
    Mr De Souza called the emergency services, saying: "I think my boss killed somebody", after Spector emerged from his home with a gun.
    He told jurors Spector had said: "I think I killed somebody."
    The producer was taken into custody about 40 minutes after the shooting and had to be subdued by officers using a stun gun.
    The trial also heard from a number of women who said Spector had threatened them with guns in the past.
    Defence lawyers had argued that Ms Clarkson's death was a suicide.
    Spector himself decided not to give evidence.
    Prolific career
    Phil Spector worked with some of the biggest names in the pop and rock business, including The Beatles and Ike and Tina Turner.
    He produced hits including You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by the Righteous Brothers and the Ronettes' Be My Baby.
    But for all his musical genius, Spector had a dark side, says the BBC's Peter Bowes in Los Angeles.
    He was often described as being a bully in the studio, a man with a liking for guns and an eccentric personality, our correspondent adds.
    Prosecutors argued Spector had a history of threatening women with guns when they tried to leave his presence.
    Spector's lawyer had appealed to jurors not to judge the star on his eccentric appearance, or by stories of women who dated him.

Kanye West has admitted that his feelings were hurt by a recent South Park episode that portrayed him as humourless and ego-driven.

The rapper wrote on his blog that he could see the writers' point and had been trying to keep his pride in check since becoming successful.

West said: "South Park murdered me last night and it's pretty funny. It hurts my feelings but what can you expect from South Park!

"I actually have been working on my ego though. Having the crazy ego is played out at this point in my life and career. I use to use it to build up my esteem when nobody believed in me."

He added: "Now that people do believe and support my music and products the best response is 'Thank you' instead of 'I told you so!!!' It's cool to talk s**t when you're rapping but not in real life."

"I need to just get past myself. Drop the bravado and just make dope product. Everything is not that serious. I got a long road ahead of me to make people believe I'm not actually a huge douche, but I'm up for the challenge."

West thanked the South Park writers for drawing his crew and said that he was sure that they were "really nice people" in real life.

Burke, Beyoncé planning to collaborate?

X Factor winner Alexandra Burke is reportedly in negotiations with Beyoncé about a possible collaboration.

Burke, who performed a duet with the singer on the ITV1 show last year, is reported to have been seeking advice from the star and her rapper husband Jay-Z.

Speaking to OK!, an unnamed source said: "Beyoncé is sure Alexandra has what it takes to be as big as Leona [Lewis] and she's planning to help her crack the US."

Burke, who has previously stated her desire to crack the States, is thought to have secured a £3 million record deal with Epic. She arrived in the US to begin work on her debut album last week.

Earlier this month, Burke and Beyoncé's rendition of 'Listen' on X Factor was voted the most memorable reality moment of the year at the inaugural Digital Spy Reality TV Awards.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Beyoncé 'will collaborate with Adele'

Beyoncé is planning to record with Adele when she travels to the UK next month as part of her 'I Am...' tour, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, the former Destiny's Child star will spend some time in the studio with the 'Chasing Pavements' singer.

A source said: "Beyoncé loves Adele's voice and her music, and Adele is really excited - she grew up listening to Destiny's Child and they are still her favourite group.

"It's her dream to record with Beyoncé."

Earlier this year, Adele revealed that she would share a bill with soul legend Etta James, who was played by Beyoncé in the Cadillac Records biopic.

GaGa 'given warning by Russian police'

Lady GaGa was almost arrested in Russia last weekend after stepping out in a skimpy outfit, it has emerged.

The 'Poker Face' singer was given a police warning after turning up at St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow in a short and tight leather ensemble.

Writing on her Twitter blog, the star said: "They tried to arrest me in Russia, for leather at St. Basil's. But all is calm in the red square, as I leave the east Paris bound."

In a similar incident last month in Chicago, police stopped the 23-year-old as she walked down a city street in hotpants.

"It's not that I don't like pants. I just choose not to wear them some days. I think no pants is sexy. I love the naked human body. I was working in strip clubs when I was 18," she said of the incident.

Rihanna cancels upcoming comeback gig

Rihanna has cancelled her first public performance since she was allegedly attacked by former boyfriend Chris Brown earlier this year.

According to The Sun, the 'Disturbia' star had been scheduled to play to 25,000 people in Dubai on May 28 but pulled out because she was not ready to return to the stage.

"We want to share with you that Rihanna and her management will not be accepting to hold a public concert at this time as it is not appropriate timing for her," said concert organiser Yassin Matbouly.

Last night, the singer made her first major public appearance since the alleged altercation, walking the red carpet at the Costume Institute Of The Metropolitan Museum Gala in New York.

Brown, 20, has pleaded not guilty to charges of assault and making criminal threats. He is due in court for a preliminary hearing later this month.

Blue to headline Midlands charity festival

Blue have been confirmed as the headlining act at a new festival in Staffordshire.

The reformed boyband will play a 45-minute set at the Midlands Music Festival in Tamworth Castle Grounds on August 8.

Further acts confirmed include Lemar, JLS, Eoghan Quigg, Liz McLarnon and The Automatic.

Former X Factor contestants Andy Abraham, Chico, Laura White, Austin Drage and Rachel Hylton will also perform at the event.

The festival has been organised to support premature baby charity Just 1 Life and will raise vital funds for neo-natal units across the country.

Tickets start at £45 and are available from May 16.

I wouldn't pay 45 to see a bunch of has-beens, even for charity

I wouldn't pay £45 just to see blue but if all the other acts were included it would be okay.

Thread Information