Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music News Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Music News Thread

A thread to group together all the music news, i.e from Digital Spy etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Leona Lewis 'will work with Timbaland'

Leona Lewis will collaborate with Timbaland on her upcoming second album, it has been claimed.

The X Factor winner will work with the producer as well as fellow stars Justin Timberlake, will.i.am and Jay-Z on the follow-up to 2007's Spirit, The Mirror reports.

An insider said: "Timbaland can't wait to work with Leona and make her feisty like Beyoncé and Rihanna.

"The ballads will still be there but the tracks will be racier and there'll be dancefloor anthems too."

A spokesman for Lewis said: "It's early stages but we're all very excited."

Pop superstar Michael Jackson is said to want Lewis, Timbaland and Timberlake to appear at dates of his O2 residency.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

i am big fans of both, but dont know if timbaland's style would suit leona? she's a ballad singer and not much else, when she tried to be different with Forgive Me, i don't think it really worked somehow, she's a one trick pony, but her trick is really really good.

someone like alexandra, who is versatile, would work well with timbaland i reckon. just not leona.

I agree. I don't like to say this but if shes going to start doing that type of music then shes gonna have to grow a bit of a personality. We saw how lost she looked in the Forgive Me video compared to her others. Im not having a go about her but she'll have to come out of her shell a bit more if shes gonna be working with Timbaland, otherwise it just won't work.

Halliwell not planning chart comeback

Geri Halliwell has confirmed that she has no plans to return to pop music in the near future.

The singer has concentrated on her new career as a children's author since completing work on the Spice Girls' reunion tour last year.

Speaking in an interview with Red magazine, Halliwell explained: "Everybody has their moment and their time. Let somebody else have a crack at it. There are younger people around now.

"I didn't want to have to stay young in order to sell records. And I didn't want to have to rely on my looks."

She added: "I don't want to say never, though. Who knows? I could do a record when I'm 60."

Halliwell also told the magazine that she is in talks to turn her Ugenia Lavender books into a cartoon series.

"We all have talents and we should use them," she said. "It's nice to be able to contribute to the world. I'm a natural communicator, a storyteller."

Sorry Rawnie! lol

Sugababes 'fly to US to start new album'

The Sugababes are preparing to fly out to the US to start work on their seventh studio album.

The trio told followers on Twitter that final arrangements are being made for recording the follow-up to Catfights And Spotlights.

"MORE good news!!!!!!! OMG soooo excited. Flying out to LA, NY and MIAMI in few weeks to start the album... Dates are set," they wrote.

Further updates suggested that the group will make a big announcement about the record.

The band earlier revealed that they are hoping to work with producers behind some of Rihanna and Beyoncé's most successful singles.

JLS announce 15-date 2010 UK tour

'Beat Again' boyband JLS have announced details of a 15-date UK tour for 2010.

The X Factor runners-up will play a string of venues next February to promote their forthcoming debut album. Tickets go on sale on Friday, July 24.

The group, who include Oritsé, JB, Aston and Marvin, reached number one on Sunday with their first single.

The tour dates in full are:

February 1 - Ipswich, Regent
    February 2 - Nottingham, Royal Centre
    February 3 - Newcastle, City Hall
    February 5 - Birmingham, LG Arena
    February 6 - Manchester, Apollo
    February 7 - Sheffield, City Hall
    February 9 - Brighton, Centre
    February 10 - Bournemouth, BIC
    February 12 - Brentwood, Leisure Centre
    February 13 - London, HMV Hammersmith Apollo
    February 14 - Liverpool, Empire
    February 17 - Plymouth, Pavilions
    February 18 - Bristol, Colston Hall
    February 19 - Cardiff, CIA
    February 21 - Glasgow, Clyde Auditorium

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a1...0-uk-tour.html

cheryl Cole 'plans secret duet with Alexandra Burke'

Cheryl Cole is planning a secret duet with last year's X Factor winner Alexandra Burke, it has been claimed.
    The Girls Aloud singer, who was Burke's mentor on the reality talent show, is said to have discussed a possible collaboration with the blessing of Simon Cowell.
    A source told Heat: "Cheryl's been very involved in Alexandra's career so far and calls her a lot to see how she is, even inviting her over for 'girly nights' where they sit and chat about how things are going and the pressure she's under.
    "She's already spoken to Alexandra about collaborating with her next year. Simon thinks that if Alex and Cheryl did a single, it would be a huge hit."
    The insider added: "He'd definitely put his weight behind it as he knows how popular they both are with the public. He said it would be a 'sure-fire hit' and Cheryl agrees."
    Last week, it was reported that Cole had bought Burke a luxury holiday to the Seychelles for her 21st birthday.

from ds
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Westlife confirm album before 2010

Westlife have confirmed that they will release their next album before 2010.

The Irish boyband, who put out their last LP Back Home two years ago, announced that their ninth studio record will be available this winter.

In a statement on their official website, they said: "It's been a while. We have much to tell you! Earlier this year there was a meeting in London. Not long after that meeting, the search for new songs began. We searched far and wide.

"Our search proved to be very successful and we can't conceal our excitement any longer!"

The group added: "It is our great pleasure to announce the following... there will be a new album this year. We are very happy with all the new songs and simply cannot wait to hear what you think of them!"

Oh no not Pestlife.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-10-2009)

Thread Information