Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Music News Thread

Music News Thread

A thread to group together all the music news, i.e from Digital Spy etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Leona Lewis 'will work with Timbaland'

Leona Lewis will collaborate with Timbaland on her upcoming second album, it has been claimed.

The X Factor winner will work with the producer as well as fellow stars Justin Timberlake, will.i.am and Jay-Z on the follow-up to 2007's Spirit, The Mirror reports.

An insider said: "Timbaland can't wait to work with Leona and make her feisty like Beyoncé and Rihanna.

"The ballads will still be there but the tracks will be racier and there'll be dancefloor anthems too."

A spokesman for Lewis said: "It's early stages but we're all very excited."

Pop superstar Michael Jackson is said to want Lewis, Timbaland and Timberlake to appear at dates of his O2 residency.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

i am big fans of both, but dont know if timbaland's style would suit leona? she's a ballad singer and not much else, when she tried to be different with Forgive Me, i don't think it really worked somehow, she's a one trick pony, but her trick is really really good.

someone like alexandra, who is versatile, would work well with timbaland i reckon. just not leona.

I agree. I don't like to say this but if shes going to start doing that type of music then shes gonna have to grow a bit of a personality. We saw how lost she looked in the Forgive Me video compared to her others. Im not having a go about her but she'll have to come out of her shell a bit more if shes gonna be working with Timbaland, otherwise it just won't work.

Halliwell not planning chart comeback

Geri Halliwell has confirmed that she has no plans to return to pop music in the near future.

The singer has concentrated on her new career as a children's author since completing work on the Spice Girls' reunion tour last year.

Speaking in an interview with Red magazine, Halliwell explained: "Everybody has their moment and their time. Let somebody else have a crack at it. There are younger people around now.

"I didn't want to have to stay young in order to sell records. And I didn't want to have to rely on my looks."

She added: "I don't want to say never, though. Who knows? I could do a record when I'm 60."

Halliwell also told the magazine that she is in talks to turn her Ugenia Lavender books into a cartoon series.

"We all have talents and we should use them," she said. "It's nice to be able to contribute to the world. I'm a natural communicator, a storyteller."

Sorry Rawnie! lol

Sugababes 'fly to US to start new album'

The Sugababes are preparing to fly out to the US to start work on their seventh studio album.

The trio told followers on Twitter that final arrangements are being made for recording the follow-up to Catfights And Spotlights.

"MORE good news!!!!!!! OMG soooo excited. Flying out to LA, NY and MIAMI in few weeks to start the album... Dates are set," they wrote.

Further updates suggested that the group will make a big announcement about the record.

The band earlier revealed that they are hoping to work with producers behind some of Rihanna and Beyoncé's most successful singles.

i thought they were braking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    i thought they were braking up?
    nope, where did you hear that?

im sure it was a article on DS

Winehouse husband 'faces baby shock'

Amy Winehouse's estranged husband Blake Fielder-Civil is expecting a child with another woman, according to a report today.
    The troubled 27-year-old had a secret affair with mother-of-two Gillian Morris, 31, when they were both staying at the Phoenix Futures Rehab Centre in Sheffield nearly two months ago, according to the News Of The World.
    Speaking to the newspaper, Morris claimed: "Blake seduced me and we had a secret fling. When I told him I was pregnant he said: 'Oh *******!' But he vowed to stand by me and raise the child."
    She added: "Initially I was planning to have an abortion but Blake's vow has completely thrown me. I never planned for any more children. Our fling was just a bit of fun. I never imagined these consequences. I'm now confused and don't know what to do."
    Winehouse's marriage hit the rocks after Fielder-Civil was released from prison in November.
    "I never once felt guilty about sleeping with Blake, because he told me he was never going back to her," Morris continued. "He told me: 'It's over between us'.
    "It was just a bit of fun and it was never meant to last. I wasn't going to be there forever and neither was Blake."
    Winehouse has recently been linked to aspiring actor Josh Bowman and a security guard in St. Lucia.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information