Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours General News Thread

Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower has announced that Kylie Minogue is welcome to make a return to the soap anytime she wishes.

The show boss made the invitation in response to a recent interview which saw Minogue ponder reprising her iconic role as car mechanic Charlene Robinson.

Speaking last week, the popstar confessed that it could be "so much fun" to film a one-off episode which would see Charlene "screech up the drive in her souped-up Mini which she's been working on all the time".

In a statement released on Neighbours' official website, Bower commented: "Kylie can arrive in a Mini, in a hot-air balloon or even parachute, anyway she desires, we would welcome her with open arms."

Minogue had also told reporters that "a chocolate drink called Milo and the biscuits, Tim Tams" are two Australian products which make her homesick, prompting Bower to promise that a huge supply of both will be put in her dressing room should she accept the invitation.

The star played Charlene for two years before bowing out to focus on music in 1988.

Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has revealed that he would love to see Kylie Minogue back for the soap's 6,000th episode.

The Ramsay Street serial reaches the landmark later this year and the special edition is expected to be the highlight of the show's 25th anniversary celebrations.

Speaking to The Sun about plans for the occasion, Fletcher - who plays Karl Kennedy - commented: "Characters from the past will emerge.

"They should be going hell for leather in getting Kylie. It would be quite extraordinary."

Last month, Minogue confessed that it could be "fun" to reprise her iconic role as Charlene Robinson for a one-off episode.

The singer's comments prompted Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower to confirm that Minogue is welcome to make a comeback any time she wishes.

Neighbours couple Donna Freedman and Ringo Brown are to tie the knot in the soap's 6,000th episode, it has been revealed.

Margot Robbie and Sam Clark, who play the Ramsay Street lovers, have been filming the screen nuptials this week ahead of the storyline airing later this year.

Speaking to the Herald Sun about the plot, Robbie commented: "It's been fun, but it hasn't given me a taste for getting married - especially if my wedding day goes on for this long! We've been filming the episode all week so I've been in the dress all week. Wedding dresses are not exactly comfortable and it's been freezing.

"Of course there's a lot of drama leading up to the wedding. We're from Ramsay Street - things are always ten times more difficult."

The 19-year-old added that she could be under pressure if the storyline is compared to Charlene and Scott Robinson's (Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan) iconic 1987 wedding.

She said: "I've never seen that episode. I have no idea what I am competing with. But it's Kylie Minogue, so I have big shoes to fill."

Neighbours' 6,000th episode will be the highlight of the soap's 25th anniversary celebrations.

Kylie Minogue has insisted that she was only joking when she recently spoke about the possibility of returning to Neighbours.

Last month, the singer declared that it could be "hilarious" and "so much fun" to reprise her role as mechanic Charlene Robinson for a one-off episode.

Minogue's comments prompted Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower to release a statement which said that the Ramsay Street soap would welcome her back "with open arms".

However, asked by Access Hollywood whether she will be back in Erinsborough, the popstar replied: "I can't believe this is still going!"

She added: "I think this might've come about because someone asked me in an interview, they said, 'Would you ever go back?' And I was like, 'I think that time passed,' but I just was making a joke saying, 'Can you imagine if Charlene [came back to] Ramsay Street in the mini that she left in 20 years ago?'"

Neighbours is currently celebrating its 25th anniversary year and last week filmed its 6,000th episode.

Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has revealed that he is eager to see his screen son Benjamin McNair back in Ramsay Street.

McNair's character Malcolm Kennedy originally appeared on the soap between 1994 and 1997 before later making comebacks in 2002 and 2004. He was also involved in the show's 20th anniversary episode five years ago.

In an interview with Holy Soap, Fletcher was asked whether the forthcoming arrival of Malcolm's friend Poppy Rogers could result in him making another return to Erinsborough.

The actor - who plays Dr. Karl - replied: "I'd like to think so. I'm not sure yet. He ostensibly lives in London, and I'm not aware of any script notion that he might return but I always cross my fingers."

Earlier this year, Neighbours bosses launched a UK talent search to find a budding actress who will play the role of Poppy. The hopefuls were this week whittled down to two finalists - Gabriella Darlington and Jennifer Hall.

Fletcher said: "I've taken an enormous interest in this competition. It's drawn fantastic attention from the public and media. And deservedly so because it's quite an exciting thing. Can you imagine? The two finalists are going to be flown to Australia and go through the entire process of preparing to be on Neighbours. They'll learn the whole experience of television."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-06-2010)

Neighbours newcomer Erin Mullally has claimed that his version of Declan Napier is more "mature and savvy".

The actor was cast as the Ramsay Street favourite earlier this year after James Sorensen bowed out from the role to pursue a career in the army.

Speaking to Holy Soap, Mullally confessed that the recast has led to some changes in the way the character behaves on screen.

He explained: "We are two different people, James is his own person, so naturally how we feel about situations and people aren't going to be the same in every circumstance.

"One of the writers said to me in a meeting the other day that the changeover between James and me can be best described as James playing Declan as very strong, macho. He liked to get into things and was very proactive.

"The new Declan is more grown up, quite mature and savvy. He thinks with his head and knows what he wants and doesn't have to use brute force to get it."

Not sure I can agree with his statement

Nor me. Old Declan was very mature. We watched him grow up in the soap.

I also don't think he looks similar to the old Declan as was claimed, he is not my type, the other one was

I never particularly liked the old Declan, so I prefer the new Declan - personality-wise and looks. I don't think he's a very good actor, though I'm hoping that improves given time. He seems self-conscious at the moment, which is something that will wear off.

For me the new declan is way too different and I know theyve changed the actor but they should have changed the character too quickly as well

Thread Information