Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Neighbours General News Thread

dp
    Last edited by CookieTargaryen; 31-05-2016 at 00:12.

Article in the Sunday Telegraph today:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...0fa1d02ee249b9

The Neighbours stars vying to be the next Margot Robbie

HOORAY for Hollywood. That is the catchphrase of any young actor joining the cast of Neighbours.

When Margot Robbie traded Ramsay Street for Tinseltown and international movie stardom, she showed all the cast members of the Eleven soapie that your wildest dreams can come true.

Robbie has worked alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street, Will Smith in Focus and Alexander Skarsgard in The Legend of Tarzan.

Her current role is as crazed supervillain Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad, one of the most anticipated films of 2016 with an A-list cast including Smith, Jared Leto and Viola Davis.

Olympia Valance, Mavournee Hazel and Lilly Van Der Meer know they have a role model to follow. They can dare to dream big.

Valance, who plays Paige Smith, has already signed with Roar, the US agency that represents Chris and Liam Hemsworth. The 23-year-old’s three-year contract with Neighbours runs out early next year. Speculation is rife she will leave.

“It is all a bit under wraps at the moment but we’ll see what happens,” Valance says. “Neighbours is my home at the moment and I love my job. Long term I absolutely I want to try something else in the UK or USA. That’s the dream.

“Nothing can prepare you for a big move like that and I’m a real homebody. The thought of moving away from my family and friends really frightens me but in life you’ve got to take risks. I never want to look back and regret not trying something.”

Hazel, who plays Piper Willis, has been on Neighbours for just on a year so she is busy soaking up every acting skill she possibly can. Hollywood is on the wish list and she knows that the skills she is learning on Neighbours provide the perfect launching pad.

“I’ve developed (as an actor) so much since I started on Neighbours,” Hazel says. “I’m very content being here and I want to make the most of this training ground.

“Overseas is very much a part of my future but before I give LA or England a proper go I really want to make sure I’m prepared for it.

“Margot’s work ethic (on Neighbours) was impeccable. She always arrived on set knowing her lines. Being where Margot has been I’m trying to replicate that.”

Van Der Meer has already been labelled “the next Margot Robbie”. The 16-year-old joined the show in February. Like Robbie, she was raised on the Gold Coast.

Van Der Meer plays rebellious teen Xanthe Canning who is sent to Melbourne by mum Brooke (Fifi Box) to live with her father Gary (Damien Richardson).

When Xanthe finds out her father is in jail and she is forced to live with grandmother Sheila (Colette Mann) and half-brother Kyle (Chris Milligan).

“I’d aspired to be on Neighbours so to get the role at 16 was incredible,” Van Der Meer says. “I’m not sure what the future holds. I’m happy where I am right now.

“Colette took me under her wing. I’d never been on a set before. We are very close. It has been amazing to have her help me along my way.”

Valance knows how far she has evolved as an actor since she joined Neighbours. Paige is a complex character who has had a rollercoaster life.

Adopted out as a baby, Paige arrived at Erinsborough looking for her biological parents Brad Willis (Kip Gamblin) and Lauren Carpenter (Kate Kendall).

Since then Paige has been arrested, blackmailed, involved in a stolen car ring, survived the explosion at Lassiter’s Hotel and had her heart broken by undercover cop Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor).

That has meant plenty of meaty scenes for Valance — the perfect preparation for a shot at Hollywood stardom.

“I’d love to try a supernatural character — something completely different to me or Paige,” Valance says. “I love all the Harry Potter films, Star Wars, The Hobbit, something like that.”

Neighbours, Eleven, 6.30pm weeknights

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-08-2016)

Sydney Daily Telegraph article today. Bree Timmins is looking a lot different these days!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...ab7733fef73e54

From Neighbours cutie Bree, to pop sensation - Sianoa Smit-McPhee’s massive career relaunch

SIANOA Smit-McPhee played cherubic-faced cutie Bree Timmins on Neighbours more than a decade ago.

Now, 24, she’s relaunching herself as a pop singer, something she’s dreamt of since she was in nappies.
    “I am at the age where 100 per cent I am diving into it,” Smit-Mcphee told Confidential.

“I’m living out what I’ve wanted to do my whole life. I want to be iconic, not in an ego way, but I want to make classic pop music like Michael Jackson or Madonna. I don’t want to doubt myself.”
    Smit-McPhee is virtually unrecognisable from the young actor who started on Ramsay Street soap at the age of 12 in 2005 and wrapped on the show two-and-a-half years later.

Looking back at herself on Neighbours, she said: “When I see photos of myself between the ages of like 10 and 17, I guess I went through this teen awkward phase. I was totally comfortable but it doesn’t vibe with me now.”

Smit-McPhee, whose brother — Kodi — is also an established actor, is based in Los Angeles.

She’s worked on hit TV series like Hung and will next appear in Scott Hicks fantasy flick, Fallen.

Acting is mostly on the back burner for Smit-McPhee, who is currently in Melbourne writing and recording music with American husband John Rush.

“Whatever acting comes up, I am going to be more particular about what I do because right now I am focusing on music,” she said.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-10-2016), Ruffed_lemur (07-10-2016)

A lot of nostalgia in this DailyMail article:

Neighbours reunion! As Kylie and Guy Pearce film their first movie together in three decades, where are their fellow TV soap co-stars now?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...bours-now.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (20-10-2016)

Did anyone else find it odd, Sonya mentioned she needed to pee. Rather random.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-11-2016), Splashy (11-11-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    Did anyone else find it odd, Sonya mentioned she needed to pee. Rather random.
    Yeah, they dont do random in soap land, maybe she is already pregnant? Very pregnant as in the baby is pressing down on her bladder.

But then the women is insane, she only got with Toady to get to her son, she has Nell and is now seeking to make more babies with another bloke because Toady cant offer up the goods. I know thats a twisted way of looking at it but the facts fit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    But then the women is insane, she only got with Toady to get to her son, she has Nell and is now seeking to make more babies with another bloke because Toady cant offer up the goods. I know thats a twisted way of looking at it but the facts fit.
    I said much the same about Sonya and the surrogacy in a rant on another thread yesterday.

That's what I think, I said it on the spoiler page.

Gossip article on msn.com:

Confirmed: Fifi Box is dating co-star Damien Richardson

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainme...cid=spartandhp

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-12-2016)

Article in The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney Confidential) today. I posted this as a new/separate Thread in the General Normal Forum, but then thought I would also post it here as well, just in case it got lost in all the SPAM!

The Bodyguard: Kip Gamblin joins Aussie musical in lead role as Kevin Costner’s Frank Farmer.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...29e3aa22afc5c4

HE is best known for his roles on Neighbours and Home and Away, but Kip Gamblin is getting ready to literally put his body on the line for his latest role.

Actor and former dancer, Gamblin will join The Bodyguard musical, taking on the role made famous by Kevin Costner as ex-secret service agent Frank Farmer. He will join singer Paulini, who takes the role made famous by Whitney Houston.

For Gamblin, best known for his roles as Brad Willis on Neighbours and Scott Hunter on rival soap Home And Away, it is a welcome change to tell a story from beginning to end.

“Inside TV it’s the story that never ends, so to be involved in a piece of art that has a beginning and most of all a conclusion, it will be nice to tell a story every night,” Gamblin said.

“I love the fact that he doesn’t have to have a cheesy smile constantly ... Frank is pretty stone-faced which I liked.”

Gamblin is very comfortable on stage, having spent time with the Australian Ballet and Sydney Dance Company. However, singing presents a new challenge.

“I apparently sing a song, but Frank is not a good singer, so it should be interesting. I wouldn’t say I’m the world’s strongest singer, but singing badly I think there’s quite an art to it.”

The Bodyguard is at the Sydney Lyric Theatre from April 21.

Tickets are on sale from $70 at sydneylyric.com.au
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 28-01-2017 at 21:44.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-01-2017)

Thread Information