Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours General News Thread

Some more nostalgia. An article in the DailyMail: "Everybody needs good Neighbours! As Kylie Minogue celebrates 30 years since her first appearance on the long running soap....what became of her co-stars?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...oap-stars.html

'Neighbours’ Memories - Why My Future Wedding Will Be Like Scott and Charlene’s

These days if a soap wants to pull in big ratings they have to go all out with a big disaster. Neighbours did exactly that two weeks ago, blowing up Lassiters and killing off Josh Willis with a pole through his lung and Doug Willis with a bump to the head during Hotel Death Trap Week. However, back in the eighties, television was quite different and it was a simple uneventful wedding between two childhood sweethearts that pulled in a blockbuster 20 million viewers in the UK for Neighbours. It all began 30 years ago on April 17 1986, when feisty tomboy Charlene Mitchell (Kylie Minogue) made her dramatic entrance on Neighbours, punching future husband Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan) after being mistaken for a burglar. From that moment on, the whole nation was hooked on their romantic rollercoaster, right up until they decided to get married.

With 20 million people watching, it felt like everyone was talking about the wedding of Scott and Charlene and my family and I were no exception. The wedding was a prestigious affair in my household with all of us glued to the screens in silence as Charlene walked down the aisle in that giant lacy dress looking like a knitted doll you’d find on top of a toilet roll.

Scott and Charlene’s wedding attracted 20 million viewers in the UK.

I was mesmerised watching my two idols marry in a fantasy fairytale ceremony, but one awkward moment had me hiding behind my cushion in sheer embarrassment. The kiss. Milliseconds after being declared husband and wife, Scott and Charlene began devouring each other like two hungry lions pulling apart their latest kill. Even watching it now I have to look away when it comes to that moment, hoping that a disapproving Mrs Mangel will throw a bucket of cold water over the hot and steamy newlyweds. The wedding is such a big part of my childhood that it will almost certainly have influence over my future wedding. The wedding’s theme song ‘Suddenly’ by Angry Anderson, the song that has those that know it lip-synching and air-grabbing for their lives, is non-negotiable for the ceremony. I also love the idea of having a reception back at home with a huge buffet surrounded by family, friends and neighbours (if I knew any of them of course). However, I won’t go as far as growing a mullet and wearing a taffeta dress, I do have some restraint. With the finer details planned, I just need to find that elusive someone to get married to...Nearly thirty years on, what do the kids of today think of the wedding? Will they be using it as inspiration for their own weddings far off into the future? Well that’s what Ricky Boleto from CBBC’s Newsround set-out to discover and it was the ‘shaggy’ hairstyles that came under fire. The critical 10-year-olds threw shade at the episode with comments like, ‘At a wedding nowadays you wouldn’t have your hair that messy’ and ‘did they have barbers in those days?'

’Clearly these kids haven’t been to East London recently. And if fashion trends continue to be recycled like they are, they’ll all be sporting the same ‘shaggy’ hairstyles at their own weddings in twenty years time.It looks like Neighbours is also looking to the past for inspiration, as thirty years on since Charlene’s arrival, her first scene is being recycled for actress Sarah Ellen who makes her Neighbours debut this week. Sarah will play Madison Robinson, daughter of Scott and Charlene. Just like her mum she is mistaken for a burglar and ends up punching the wannabe vigilante trying to stop her. With her Neighbours journey starting out just like her mum’s, is Madison destined to find her childhood sweetheart on Ramsay Street and marry? Let’s hope it’s not exactly the same as Charlene’s story, because that would mean marrying the man she punched, her brother. But the big question is, if she does get married, will she be wearing her mum’s hand-me-down giant white lacy dress?

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/9722044
    Last edited by eni294; 20-04-2016 at 22:40.

Neighbours stars Ariel Kaplan and Harley Bonner open up about their final days on set

Who was a mess? And would they work together again?

Neighbours stars Ariel Kaplan and Harley Bonner have discussed how they felt during their final days on set in a new behind-the-scenes video.The pair recently filmed their final scenes as twins Josh and Imogen Willis after three years on the Australian soap.

Fans saw Josh killed off in a heartbreaking episode earlier this month, while Imogen will wave goodbye to Ramsay Street next week when she heads to LA for a new life with partner Daniel Robinson.

On her final day on set, Kaplan said: "I am feeling so many emotions. I'm excited for the next chapter, I'm nervous, I'm really sad and a bit exhausted - it's been a huge day. But mostly I'm excited to see what is up next.

*However, Bonner admitted that he was so overwhelmed after filming his final scenes that he was unable to make a farewell speech.The duo - who are a couple in real life - also admitted that they don't intend to work together again, and especially not as on-screen siblings!

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...l-days-on-set/
    Last edited by eni294; 21-04-2016 at 21:52.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-04-2016), Pantherboy (21-04-2016)

No video about Tim's final days on set? I'm guessing he wasn't in a celebratory mood unlike his co-stars.

How are the Neighbours opening titles filmed?

If you've ever wondered how the Neighbours opening titles were shot, then look no further - Felix Mallard​ reveals all in this new video.

The actor, who plays Ben Kirk in the Aussie soap, has filmed a behind-the-scenes special as the cast recorded an updated version of the show's titles.

Neighbours has had quite a major cast shake-up recently, following the exits of Josh and Kyle, and the upcoming departures for Daniel and Imogen.

Therefore it's only natural that the opening sequence was refreshed to reflect this, and it turns out that more hard work goes into those shots than we thought.

Watch the video by hitting play below:

https://www.facebook.com/NeighboursO...4111311923351/​​

The video sees Mallard, who has recently returned as a show regular, filming a shot by the lake with Mavournee Hazel ​​and Lilly Van der Meer, who play Ben's friends Piper Willis and Xanthe Canning.

And as the shots are meant to look warm and happy, Van de Meer was on hand to make sure their laughter looked natural, with some very interesting jokes...

Digital Spy

Posted in a wrong place
    Last edited by eni294; 22-04-2016 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by eni294 View Post
    Posted in a wrong place
    It is a Neighbours General News item ??

Quote Originally Posted by eni294 View Post
    Posted in a wrong place
    It is a Neighbours General News item ??

Kylie Minogue channels Charlene from Neighbours with blonde curls

Kylie Minogue stepped out in London with fiancé Joshua Sasse at the weekend – and left fans wondering if they'd stepped back into the '80s. The singer showed off a new blonde perm during the outing, paying homage to her role in hit TV show Neighbours.

Fans of the 47-year-old will remember her time on Australian soapwell, when she portrayed Charlene Robinson for two years from 1986, with her character regularly sporting the tight ringlets.

Kylie Minogue stepped back into the '80s with her latest look

The Especially For You singer performed at a wedding in the Capital on Sunday night, and was later spotted dining with Joshua, 28, at The Woseley restaurant. Kylie, who quit Neighbours in favour of her blossoming music career almost 30 years ago, looked as glamorous as ever in an all-black ensemble. The pop diva opted for a black top and trousers, adding a touch of sparkle with a pair of chic diamante-studded heels, and showing off her sparkling engagement ring. Meanwhile, Joshua revealed he had gone for a new look, as he debuted his two-toned facial hair.

She shot to fame as Charlene Robinson 30 years ago

The couple, who have been dating since September, looked as loved-up as ever while enjoying a rare night off from their hectic work schedules. It's been a whirlwind few months for the pair, who revealed in February that they were engaged, announcing the happy news with a traditional advert placed in a newspaper.

It read: "The engagement is announced between Joshua, son of the late Dominic Sasse and of Mary Heele (nee Macauley), of Herefordshire, and Kylie, eldest daughter of Ronald and Carol Minogue, of Melbourne, Australia."

http://www.hellomagazine.com/healtha...-blonde-curls/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-04-2016)

Thread Information