Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Hollyoaks General News Thread

STRICTLY star Ricky Whittle "knocked a photographer down in frustration", a court heard today.

The former Hollyoaks actor, 30, is standing trial for allegedly knocking down Steve Farrell with his Red American Dodge car in Liverpool in November last year.

Ricky had been partying with pals and former girlfriend Carley Stenson at a bash for the teen soap at Parr Street Studios when the incident occurred.

Ricky was "working hard and in no mood for the paparazzi to take photographs of him and Miss Stenson together", said prosecutor Paul Becker at Liverpool Crown Court.

The actor was said to have agreed to pick up Carley and her friend as they emerged from the bash after he'd tried to lose the photographers.

But the snappers followed him and Mr Farrell started taking pictures, the jury heard.

He was said to be next to Ricky's left-hand drive Dodge, but not blocking it, when the car suddenly veered to the left and smashed into him.

CCTV footage of the incident was played in court.

/sol/
    Enlarge
    Strutting his stuff ... Ricky with dance partner Natalie Lowe
    spacer
    The prosecutor added: "The prosecution's case is that the defendant, irritated by the presence of the paparazzi, had deliberately turned his wheel to the left in order to vent his frustration towards Mr Farrell.

"He deliberately turned his wheel to the left, knocking Mr Farrell to the ground."

The victim sprained his knee and hurt his hand and was treated at hospital.

Carley then phoned a photographer friend to find out what happened and found out that Mr Farrell had called the police.

Prosecutor Mr Becker later added that Ricky should have to face the drawbacks of a celebrity lifestyle, including being photographed.

He added: "This intrusive behaviour, you may think, will often cause great irritation to a celebrity. However, without the photographs, there would be no glossy magazines for members of the public to buy each week."

When the snapper was cross examined by the Strictly star's barrister, Stuart Driver QC, he said: "With celebrities, it's a game. That's what it is."

He then said he heard the engine revving before being thrown to the kerb.

Mr Farrell, who was punched in the face by Gazza in 2005, said Ricky had been professional and calm all the other times they'd run into each other.

He also said he would have stopped taking pictures if Ricky had asked him to, as he'd once agreed not to sell images of Hollyoaks stars drunk and covered in vomit.

The Strictly star went to St Helens Police Station voluntarily after the incident.

He denies dangerous driving.

The trial continues.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0w8aXxqvu

'Cast Offs' star Mitchell joins 'Oaks

Spoiler:
    Northern Irish actor and wheelchair user Peter Mitchell has been cast in Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

The 26-year-old, who previously played the role of Dan in disability-themed mockumentary Cast Offs, is to play a yet-to-be-announced character in the teen show after being recruited by producer Paul Marquess.

Mitchell has used a wheelchair since 2002, when he lost the ability to walk following a car crash. He landed his new TV part last week during a meeting with the Hollyoaks production team at the show's base in Liverpool.

Speaking of his casting, Mitchell told the Derry Journal: "I thought getting a part in Cast Offs was fantastic and then came a part in Doctors - but this is really big. This is a long term acting job - they don't come much bigger than this and I'm really excited about it.

"I went over last Thursday morning and met with the producer on the village set for the show. As soon as I walked through the door, he started to talk about my character and I soon discovered that the decision had already been taken to put me in the show."

He continued: "I'll need to move to Liverpool, I reckon that'll probably be at the end of October. I don't actually start filming until November and my character, which is being worked on at the minute, will not appear on the screen until late January or early February."

Mitchell is the latest in a long line of new signings which have been announced since Marquess took office at the teen soap in January.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Siobhan; 11-08-2010 at 08:59.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-08-2010)

Isnt this a spoiler Perdy?

I am sorry, clicked on wrong section. My apologies.

Maybe a mod could move it please, sorry. Thanks
    Last edited by Perdita; 10-08-2010 at 15:57.

Hollyoaks star Bronagh Waugh has revealed that she is a huge fan of EastEnders and Coronation Street.

The actress, who plays Cheryl Brady in the Channel 4 soap, admitted that she watches both of the soaps' omnibus editions and thinks former Hollyoaks producer Bryan Kirkwood is doing a good job on EastEnders.

"Both EastEnders and Coronation Street are doing great - I try to watch the omnibuses. I'm friends with Corrie actor Craig Gazey, so I tune in to see what he's up to. Hollyoaks' old producer, Bryan Kirkwood, is now in charge at EastEnders, and I love what he's doing. Bringing back Kat and Alfie Moon is a stroke of genius."

Waugh added that she also writes scripts as well as acting, saying: "I actually wrote my own sketch show which the BBC was interested in, but it's been put on the back burner since I've been in Hollyoaks. I'd like to get back to writing that again, and hopefully I can get it commissioned sometime soon."

Lots of Hollyoaks Spoilers from DS

Spoiler:
    Last week, I attended a Hollyoaks press event in London, where members of the media were lucky enough to mingle with the cast and enjoy a sneak preview of what's to come for Channel 4's flagship soap.

With glasses of bubbly and other refreshments readily available, everyone received a warm welcome from the drama's team - before the event began in earnest when series producer Paul Marquess gave a speech reflecting on the period of rejuvenation that he's been heading up at Hollyoaks since his arrival in January.

From Paul's speech, it's clear that everyone involved in the programme is excited and extremely proud of the changes that have been rolled out in recent months - from the new titles, glamorous new signings and compelling new plotlines which have received a largely positive response from fans.

It wasn't all talk, though, as we were then treated to three clip reels which provided a glimpse of forthcoming storylines on Hollyoaks and its late-night spinoff Hollyoaks Later, which returns on October 25.

As for what I can reveal from the clips that we saw, the first thing that I was excited to see is that Carmel's threat to report Theresa to the police once the baby is born definitely hasn't been forgotten! Fans had already been promised that this storyline hadn't been abandoned, but it was great to see the clips to prove it - especially as the episode which saw Carmel discover the truth was one of the best this year.

The footage screened showed Theresa giving birth and the subsequent panic for the McQueens as they realised that Carmel's vow was deadly serious. But will Theresa be heading to jail for shooting Calvin? All I can say is that there looks to be more than a few twists and turns ahead for this storyline...

The other major clips that we saw offered a small glimpse of the November fire plot - which looked pretty spectacular, I have to say! A number of characters will find themselves in danger during this special week of episodes, but I was particularly struck by one scene which featured an emotional 'heart in mouth' moment as a much-loved character was trapped in the flames, seemingly with no way out…

For Hollyoaks Later, the clips that were screened mainly focused on Michael Bisping's bad boy character Nathan, who was busy waving a baseball bat around and threatening to use it to break the Costello brothers' legs! Other sneak peeks showed Mitzeee teaching Nancy and Theresa about the joys of chasing a footballer, and Bart and Jasmine's story reaching a climax as Jasmine struggles to keep her secret under wraps…

Meanwhile, it was also confirmed that this year's Later will focus on the events of "one fateful night" and seamlessly interweave with the main 6.30pm episodes.

Once Hollyoaks Later and the November stunt are out of the way, it sounds as if the next major plotline will be the previously-announced murder which is to rock the village towards the end of the year. Paul Marquess promised that it will be "the scariest murder story the programme has ever told".

December also sees Channel 4 broadcasting a one-off late-night Hollyoaks bubble episode, but details of what we can expect from that have yet to be confirmed.

While at the event, I managed to grab chats with Kieron Richardson (Ste) and Rachel Shenton (Mitzeee), so keep an eye out for those appearing on the site in the coming days.

In the meantime, more teasers for the next few months of Hollyoaks appear below:

§ A member of Jasmine's family will discover her secret, before the storyline reaches a surprising climax at Christmas…
    § Mitzeee starts pursuing Carl again - but this time she's being spurred on by someone else who wants revenge against him…
    § There's more comedy on the way from Lee Hunter as he forms his own boy band called 'Guy Candy'!
    § A long-standing character will find themselves becoming the prime suspect as the police investigate the fire at Il Gnosh…
    § Mercedes will be at the centre of a shock new love triangle that's bound to end in tears…
    § Life in the O'Connor household looks set to be rocked again when Sinead thinks she has made a sickening discovery about her dad Rob…
    § Someone gets stabbed…
    § And moving into the New Year, a shock arrival will change life for the McQueens forever…

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (11-10-2010)

orgie Porter has said that filming Hollyoaks is not as glamorous as it might seem.

The actress, who plays Theresa McQueen on the show, told Sugar that a lot of effort went in to making the characters look good on screen.

Porter said: "I love it, but it's really not glamorous, trust me! We spend hours under hot lights and we're always having make-up caked on, which plays havoc with my skin.

"We might look glam on screen, but when we're filming outside and it's freezing cold, we've all got hot water bottles shoved up our mini-skirts to keep us warm. I do love playing Theresa, though. Especially her walk. I designed it especially for her."

Asked if she would be friends with her character in real life, she added: "She's got load of attitude, but she's got a good heart, too. Although she'd probably flirt with your boyfriend.

"She wouldn't mean to hurt you, but she'd think, 'Your boyfriend fancies me. Watcha gonna do?'"

I recently had a chat with Hollyoaks' new signing Darren Day to hear all about his role as sinister Danny Houston on the Channel 4 soap.

We've already heard quite a bit about Danny from various characters in recent weeks, and plenty of hints have been dropped that he's certainly not one to be messed with. Tuesday's episode, however, will give us an opportunity to judge for ourselves as he appears on screen for the first time.

Based on Darren's comments in our main interview - which you can read by clicking here - it sounds as if the villagers would do well to stay on Danny's good side once he becomes a regular fixture on the programme later this year…

If you've already seen the main chat, read on as Darren tells us more about Hollyoaks and also shares his thoughts on his acting career in general and recent charity work.

How does working on a soap compare to the acting work that you've done in the past?
    "It's hard to say at the moment, because I've still only filmed one episode, and since then I've been busy doing promotion. But I suppose the main difference is that most of the stuff that I've done in the past has been theatre-based, where your day's work starts at about 6pm when you get into the theatre. With theatre, your day's work is between 6pm and 10.30pm. So the biggest difference will be the timing, as the Hollyoaks cast work 7am to 7pm most days. That might be a bit of a shock to the system, but I have kids and they get up very early, so I'm used to being up at that time!"

Is TV something that you've always wanted to do more of?
    "Yeah, it is really. I've done a bit of camera action over the years - I did a film and I did quite a few episodes of Doctors. But when I realised that I'd really like to have a go at this was a couple of years ago when I did an episode of The Bill. I played quite an unsavoury character on The Bill, and I really loved it - I found it really creative and I got bitten by the bug for camera action. So I knew a couple of years ago that I wanted to go in this direction, but I had other commitments - I had a tour in 2008 that was pretty much for the whole year, and then I did a couple of shorter tours last year, and was on tour with We Will Rock You, the Queen musical, at Christmas. I've never really had the opportunity where I could commit to a long contract, so this year I've held out and gone to meet various producers for various soaps and dramas, and this is the one that's come off. I couldn't ask for a better part."

What's Paul Marquess like to work with?
    "He's fantastic. It's wonderful for Hollyoaks that Paul has gone in there. I think he's already turned it around. When a soap or a drama has been running for that long, it's good for someone new to come in and to inject some new life into it. I think that's what Paul has done - it's become much grittier and has a new edge to it. There's lots of big storylines coming up between now and Christmas - and I've been told that they're going to be quite shocking."

You recently recorded a single to raise money for ABF, The Soldiers' Charity. Why did you choose to become involved in that?
    "A few reasons, really. The song was 'No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young)', which was written by Brian May when Freddie Mercury died. Having done the We Will Rock You show, I became quite good pals with Brian and he's quite a good mate of mine now, so I knew the sentiment and story behind the song being written. For that reason, I really wanted to be involved in it. When you're famous, you get offered a lot of charity stuff and you have to do as much as you can, but I think it's important to do the ones that you really feel passionate about. I've got a couple of mates - one in particular - who were out on the frontline last year, so it was something that was quite close. I'm a big supporter of the girls and the boys that are fighting for our country, like we all are. It was brilliant to be part of it and try to raise some money for them. The Soldiers' Charity has been running for 66 years and done some amazing work, and the support network that they give to the soldiers is amazing."

Would you like to do more work with the charity?
    "I would - I've done a lot for them, gone out and done a few interviews, I've gone out and done the Forces' radio and Forces' telly. It was quite amazing really, as some of the interviews that I did were live to Afghanistan and I was giving messages to the girls and guys that were out there. I would get behind the charity 100% - anything I was asked to do for the charity, I would do."

Finally, have you ever felt like you haven't had enough recognition for your acting skills?
    "If I'm going to be totally honest, perhaps yes. I think that tabloid headlines about my private life became the pinnacle of what Darren Day was about, and it was almost like my career was overshadowed and fell into the background a bit. Rather than being known for my work, I became known for my private life, and that was never the plan. As a younger guy, I never wanted to become famous just for being famous - I wanted to act and sing for a living, and be an entertainer. It was quite hard when my career and performances stopped being talked about, and it just became about who I was sleeping with and what else I was up to. But I live my life a lot differently now. I'm happily married, I have children - I'm a husband and a father. It would be lovely to think that my work could now be what's written about, rather than all the old headlines that I've read for years. I'd like my work to finally do the talking - but we'll have to wait and see!"

Coming up in Hollyoaks, Tony and Gabby's relationship is about to hit a rocky patch as they have their first big dispute.

The couple clash when Phil is arrested for drink driving and Gabby helps out her estranged husband by bringing him back to Tony's for the night. However, in a twist, this comes just as Taylor has filled Tony in about Phil's shocking secret.

Gabby and Tony end up bickering over the situation and Tony just about manages to hold his tongue about what he knows.

As the pair's arguments get worse, things come to a head when Gabby starts packing her bags. Saddened by what's going on, will Taylor tell his mum the truth about Phil?

Glamour girl Mitzeee caused a stir from the very beginning when she turned up in Hollyoaks back in July, turning heads among the village's male population before quickly causing chaos for the Costello clan. Since her vengeful attempts to split up Heidi and Carl failed earlier in the year, Mitzeee seems to have been keeping a lower profile - but she's about to return to the forefront of the show with a major role in this year's series of Hollyoaks Later. At a recent Hollyoaks press event in London, Mitzeee's portrayer Rachel Shenton chatted about what's in store for the outrageous model.

What kind of a reaction have you received since Mitzeee first appeared on screen?
    "I've been really, really pleased. I've had such a positive reaction to the role, which I was a little bit shocked about! I wasn't quite sure how people would take her, because I thought she'd be a Marmite kind of character where you either love her or you hate her! But everyone's reactions have been so lovely, and people seem to like her! I'm really grateful for the reactions I've received from the Hollyoaks fans."

Mitzeee features quite heavily in this year's Hollyoaks Later - what can you tell us about the new series?
    "It's five hour-long episodes that span the course of one day - a day and a night. Lots of weird and wonderful things happen in it! It's airing from October 25, but you'll just have to watch it!"

Have you enjoyed all the work you've been doing with the Costello family?
    "Yes, they're great to work with. I know that's such a cliché, but everyone really is great to work with because we all started at the same time. We were all in the same boat - all a bit nervous when we first started because we didn't really know anybody, so we kind of stuck together. It's fantastic to work with them."

Are you surprised at how quickly Heidi seems to have forgiven and forgotten when it comes to Mitzeee and Carl?
    "Well, I don't know whether she has forgiven Mitzeee. I think it's more that she forgave Carl because she loves him, and so she did slightly have to forgive and forget with Mitzeee. I think that's what it was, really - Heidi's just desperate to keep the family together!"

Will we see Mitzeee get involved in Jasmine's storyline as it moves forward?
    "I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say! But Mitzeee and Jasmine do come into contact when it comes to the storyline…"

Where do you see Mitzeee's character going in the long-term?
    "I think that in Hollyoaks Later, the audience will see a different side to Mitzeee - a side that will make them think that she's a real person. I mean, obviously she is a real person and nobody is one-dimensional, but I think you'll see that a lot more clearly in the late-night episodes."

It was a real surprise for the viewers when we saw Mitzeee at home for the first time - away from her glamorous image…
    "Yes - the viewers saw that she's just a normal girl! I think that in the late-night episodes from October 25, you will definitely see more of that side of her. And I hope that at some points you'll actually feel a little bit sorry for her. I think that, so far, that's an emotion that you don't really feel very often when it comes to Mitzeee!"

What's Hollyoaks' producer Paul Marquess like to work with?
    "Paul is great. He has a very hectic schedule so we don't get to see him very often - we don't just pop in for a chat, because he's a very busy man! But everything that he's done for the show has just been so positive. The new titles are on, the ratings have gone up and it's all just really, really good. I think that Paul has got some great ideas."

Is there anyone in particular who you enjoy filming scenes with?
    "I love working with Paul Opacic, who plays Carl Costello. The relationship between Mitzeee and Carl is a really interesting one, so the scenes are always good fun to play, so he's great to work with. Kim Tiddy, who plays Heidi, is also great to work with - again because her relationship with Mitzeee is so good to play. Mitzeee is just such a fun character, so I think that with everyone she meets, each person takes her differently - and that's what I really like. For example, in the late-night episodes I worked a lot with Jess Fox, who plays Nancy - and that was great because they're literally like chalk and cheese, but strangely enough it seemed to work!"

Will we see Mitzeee continuing with her glamour career and all the promotional events?
    "I hope so - that's her job, so that's what she'll have to do! She is a glamour model - but she's actually a struggling glamour model, even though she wouldn't admit that herself! But I think that the main thing I'd like is for the viewers to see what Mitzeee is really like - because I don't think she is the person that she portrays at all. But I also think that's there's a lot more fun to be had with her before she starts getting dull!"

Are you hoping to stay in the show for a while?
    "I certainly hope so! I feel like I've only just started, so I hope that Mitzeee will stay around for a little while - and I hope that she can cause more trouble!"

Thread Information