Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollyoaks General News Thread

Hollyoaks star Carley Stenson has revealed that she was pleased when she heard that her character Steph Cunningham would be diagnosed with cervical cancer.

The health nightmare kicks off in next week's episodes, which see Steph struggling to come to terms with the news about her condition.

Speaking of the shock plot, Stenson told All About Soap: "I'm so flattered I've been trusted with this storyline. I was the face for the campaign Arm Against Cervical Cancer last year, so it's important to me that I get it right."

Asked whether Steph is confident about beating her illness, the actress replied: "There's no other option. If she doesn't fight this, the alternative isn't worth thinking about."

Steph initially decides not to tell love interest Gilly Roach (Anthony Quinlan) about her news, and also keeps her family out of the loop.

Stenson explained: "With Gilly, she's embarrassed and doesn't want him to look after her. She also doesn't want to hurt her family either."

The star has been part of the Hollyoaks cast since 2000.

Lime Pictures
    Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has admitted that she would like to see Theresa McQueen face the consequences of her decision to shoot Calvin Valentine.

The actress's character was last month unveiled as Calvin's killer - the climax to a six-month long 'whodunit' mystery.

Speaking to PA about how she reacted to the twist, Porter confessed: "I was a bit gutted because I thought I'd be gone, because everyone gets puts away for life if they kill someone. I believe one day she should get her comeuppance and I think she does."

She added: "I was a bit excited, too, because it's another side Theresa can show."

Ricky Whittle, who played Calvin for almost four years, recently said that he would have preferred Mercedes, Malachy or Spencer to be his alter ego's killer.

Hollyoaks star Sheree Murphy has revealed that she will not need to enter into a fashion war with fellow WAGs at the World Cup.

The actress will fly out to South Africa later this month to support husband Harry Kewell, who plays for the Australian national side. She is expected to attend the team's first two games before returning home to continue with her soap commitments.

Speaking to the Daily Record, Murphy confessed that she is likely to dress down at the matches in order to fit in with the partners of Kewell's team-mates.

She explained: "At the games, the Australian girls all wear the football shirts. It's very relaxed.

"They don't even dress up for a posh dinner. One evening, I rolled up head to toe in my great outfit, the shoes, the handbag, done up to the nines. They were all in cut-off shorts and flip-flops. They're very laid-back about it all, not like us in Britain."

Murphy and Kewell have been married since May 2003 and have three young children together.

Hollyoaks star Carley Stenson has revealed that she wants her character's new cervical cancer storyline to raise awareness of the disease.

The actress's alter ego Steph Cunningham has been diagnosed with the illness in a new plot and will be seen struggling to come to terms with her condition in the coming days.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Stenson explained that she would like her scenes to have a positive impact by educating women about the importance of staying vigilant when it comes to cancer.

She commented: "I've been the face of the cervical cancer jab in Wigan for a while. Hopefully this plot will encourage ladies to keep on top of their smear tests, because the other option is really awful."

The 27-year-old recently confirmed that she was "flattered" to be trusted with the story and acknowledged how important it would be to "get it right".

Stenson has been part of the Hollyoaks cast since 2000.

Former Hollyoaks star Barry Sloane has revealed that he is to appear in a New York theatre role next year.

The actor is to portray country hardman Troy Whitworth for another run in Jez Butterworth's play Jerusalem when the acclaimed production makes its Broadway debut in early 2011.

Sloane first appeared in the part at London's Royal Court Theatre when the show was staged there last summer. It was later transferred to the Apollo Theatre in the West End.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, Sloane commented: "I am really looking forward to going to Broadway. We hope to start rehearsals in February and the play will run for six months.

"You always read about Hollyoaks actors trying to make it in Hollywood so I am glad I am going to New York. I will be going with a job and working with actors who are established in Hollywood."

Jerusalem's Broadway run will once again see Sloane appearing alongside Pirates Of The Caribbean actor Mackenzie Crook, who plays the role of Ginger in the production.

Former Hollyoaks actor Nico Mirallegro is to make a several-week guest appearance in Doctors, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The 19-year-old - who has played Hollyoaks emo Barry 'Newt' Newton for the last three years - recently filmed his final scenes with the Channel 4 teen soap, before quickly landing a guest part in BBC One's daytime medical drama.

Mirallegro takes on the role of Italian foreign exchange student Giovanni Mannasorri, who arrives in Letherbridge to study at university.

Attractive and highly enthusiastic, Giovanni soon befriends Jack, who's eager to impress tutors by helping newcomers to the area find their feet.

Turning up on Jack's doorstep for help with his mobile, Giovanni's taken aback by the sight of his sister Imogen - and it's clear that there's an instant spark between the pair.

Mirallegro began filming with Doctors last month and will make his debut on September 24 in an episode titled 'Two Marriages'.

Hollyoaks star Dean Aspen has announced that he is to take part in a 65-mile bike ride to raise money for charity.

The actor, who plays Duncan Smith on the Channel 4 teen soap, will cycle from Manchester to Blackpool on July 4 in aid of cancer centre The Christie.

Writing on his official fundraising page, Aspen commented: "The work that people do at Christie's is so very important and the cause is something very close to my heart.

"It is for this reason that I will be getting up at some ridiculous time in the morning, putting on some skin tight shorts that feel like they have a nappy sewn inside, dragging my big fat backside onto a bike - with a very skinny saddle - and sweating, panting and - I'll be honest - probably crying for the 65 miles all the way to sunny Blackpool!"

He added: "After all day on a bike, chances are that my poor buttocks may never be the same again, but it will be worth it to know that we, together, have raised some money for a good cause. So please think of the people you will be helping, think of my bruised posterior and give generously!"

The Manchester To Blackpool Bike Ride is an annual event organised by The Christie. It attracted over 2,000 participants last year.

Good on him!!!

Good on him, a few of my mates know him, they were in his year at school, hes from the same place as me. thats a long way, but its for such a great cause.

I can exclusively confirm that that Hollyoaks will debut its new title sequence and theme tune on Monday, July 5.

The first Monday of next month heralds the start of a new era for the Channel 4 soap as Paul Marquess's reign on screen officially commences.

Despite having helmed the show since the beginning of the year, Paul's first credited episode airs on the same day as the new credits and theme.

Little is known about both the titles and music but sources close to the show tell me that the actors - including the older cast! - "aren't in character" and that they were apparently filming against a green screen.

In addition, the theme tune has allegedly been "slowed right down".

DS

Hollyoaks actor Nick Pickard is reportedly considering quitting the show.

Pickard, who plays Tony Hutchinson in the soap, is said to be unhappy about the treatment of his brother and co-star John, who plays Dominic Reilly. John is rumoured to have been axed from the show and only discovered when his name was missing from the filming schedule.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "Nick was disgusted at the way his brother was treated. John’s been in the show five years and had no idea they were planning to axe him.

"The way he found out from a crew member was terrible. When Nick was told about it he was fuming. He’s not at all happy.

"A lot of people have left or are going and the ratings are the lowest they’ve ever been in the show’s history. The way his brother was treated was the final straw. He’s now seriously thinking about leaving the show."

Thread Information