Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollyoaks General News Thread

Bonnie Tyler has revealed that she agreed to appear on Hollyoaks Later because her nieces and nephews wanted her to take the part.

According to Wales On Sunday, the 58-year-old singer admitted that she had previously declined invites to feature on the soap before accepting a guest role.

Tyler said: "They've been after me for a while, a couple of years in fact, to do the show and I've always refused.

"I live out in Portugal a lot of the time and I haven't ever really seen it. I also really hate acting, I don’t even like making videos.

"But when my nieces and nephews started begging me to do it, I had to say yes. But I think it's the late night edition, so it might be a bit different to the normal show. It's not rude is it? It is! Oh no!"

Tyler also explained that she will be acting in a dream sequence as "some sort of guardian angel" on the soap.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...or-family.html

Hollyoaks star Zoë Lister has admitted that she doesn't fear being typecast following her stint on the soap.

The 27-year-old actress announced in June that she had decided to quit her role as Zoë Carpenter after almost three years in the part.

Reflecting on the career choice, Lister told PA: "I've known for a while that my time at Hollyoaks is coming to an end because I'm keen to try other things."

She added: "I'm not worried about being typecast or anything because my character here isn't too crazy or off the wall so I don't think there would be much danger of that, so it'll be interesting to try something else."

The Channel 4 show's producers have announced that either Lister's character or Loui Batley's alter ego Sarah Barnes will be killed off in a tragic parachute accident on spinoff Hollyoaks Later next month.

Lister has previously described her decision to quit as "scary but also very, very exciting".

Former Hollyoaks star Paul Danan has announced that he would be willing to return to the teen drama.

The actor, who played Sol Patrick from 1997 to 2001, has become known for appearances on reality TV since bowing out from his soap role.

Speaking about the possibility of a comeback in an interview with DS, Danan commented: "It depends really, it depends what the storyline would be. Yeah, maybe. Never say never."

He continued: "I do watch it now and again, and it has definitely changed. But it's great, it's gone from strength to strength and it's an excellent show."

However, Danan went on to admit that he believes the Channel 4 programme was "better" when he was in it.

On whether he would consider joining another soap, he replied: "Maybe EastEnders some day?"

Danan appeared on ITV1's Celebrity Love Island in 2005 and 2006. He has also presented Date My Girlfriend for ITV2.

Hollyoaks star Zoe Lister said it's a "hideous experience" to be nominated for a Sexiest Female award.

The actress, who plays Zoe Carpenter in the soap, said she cringes with embarrassment when she hears her name read out in a such a category.

She told Reveal magazine: "I find it completely embarrassing - it's awful, awful, awful!"

She went on: "I cringe when I'm sat in the audience and they read my name out. There's always a camera panning in on my face, so I'll be busy trying to look like I don't care what the result is! It's a hideous experience."

The 27-year-old's award nominations include two nods for Sexiest Female at the British soap awards.

Zoe, whose character is currently behind bars as she prepares to stand trial for murder, is soon to leave the teen soap after more than three years.

Former Hollyoaks actress Zoë Lister has admitted that she gets annoyed when people make jokes about the soap.

The 28-year-old, who left her role as Zoe Carpenter on the serial last year, confirmed that it can be disheartening when the cast's hard work is mocked.

Speaking to Take 5 magazine, Lister explained: "It's a shame. I took it seriously because it was my job and I'm an actor.

"I get annoyed when people make fun, but at the same time it is what it is and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It can be bubblegum but it also deals with pretty big issues."

The star added that she remains grateful for the gritty storylines she was given throughout her three-year stint on the drama.

She said: "In the past, the students in Hollyoaks have often been overlooked, so it was great that Zoe developed and changed so much."

Nicole Barber-Lane has revealed that Hollyoaks producers asked her to regain some weight after she dropped four dress sizes.

The actress explained that she didn't look like her character Myra McQueen after slimming down from a size 22 to a size 14.

"I lost so much weight that my producer told me I didn't look like Myra any more, and would I mind putting a bit more weight back on?" she told PA.

"So now I'm a happy medium - a size 18 - but know that I can always lose weight again, once I want to."

Barber-Lane explained that she slimmed down by using a tapping therapy, which involves tapping on certain acupressure points on the body.

"Over the course of the year, tapping every day, I went from being a complete couch potato to enjoying running, doing two marathons and going down from a size 22 to a 14," she explained, adding that she has also used the technique on the Hollyoaks set.

"Tapping is great for remembering your lines," she said. "Once the whole set was negative and I got everyone tapping - even if no-one believed in it, it definitely lightened the mood on set and got everyone laughing, whereas just ten minutes earlier everyone was anxious and running late."

Hollyoaks star Dominique Jackson has said that her departure from the soap is coming at the "right time".

The actress's character Lauren Valentine is one of several who are being written out of the teen drama as part of new producer Paul Marquess's ongoing revamp.

Speaking to PA about her exit, Jackson commented: "Whenever I left the show it was going to be an upsetting time because I'd been there since I was 15.

"But, at the end of the day, times have to change and I'm only 18 and wasn't going to work at Hollyoaks forever. There are people I'm going to miss but it's the right time to do something else now."

Discussing her future plans, she added: "I'm only 18 so I kind of want to come back home, spend time with family and friends, and pick up where I left off with studying acting and dancing and singing."

Marquess is planning to fill the gaps left behind by the forthcoming departures by introducing a number of new families.

Gerard McCarthy has admitted that he will be "gutted" when he bows out of Hollyoaks later this year.

The actor is leaving his part as cross-dresser Kris Fisher on the soap in order to take on a West End role in Flashdance - The Musical.

Speaking to Fate magazine about his forthcoming departure, McCarthy commented: "I'll be devastated. Right now I've got another three and half months to go and I'll just be gutted when the time comes to leave. I've begged the producers not to kill me off!

"The only reason why I'm leaving is because, hand on heart, I really miss doing something else. My background is musical theatre and having done four years at Hollyoaks, I'm really missing that.

"I just need to get this out of my system and then next year I'll be banging at the door of Hollyoaks shouting, 'Take me back!'"

Flashdance - The Musical is being choreographed by former Strictly Come Dancing judge Arlene Phillips.

Former Hollyoaks star Ricky Whittle has admitted that he struggled with his character Calvin Valentine's final storyline.

In recent months, fans have seen a nastier side to the ex-policeman as the day of his fatal shooting draws closer.

Calvin's death has already aired on the Channel 4 soap in a special 'flashforward' episode set in the future, which sparked a murder mystery storyline. The killer's identity will finally become known to viewers later this month as the serial's real-time instalments reach the shock moment.

Speaking to Holy Soap about the implications of the 'whodunit' plot, Whittle commented: "[Calvin] had to have a lot of enemies so he became very rude and started acting very out of character.

"Like, he suddenly started sleeping around a lot more, which I found strange for someone who was chasing his wife for about a year. He didn't sleep with anyone else for a year, gets his wife back and then starts sleeping around.

"I found that difficult, but as an actor you have to find that truth, and I found that he had a flaw. He's trying to subconsciously get himself out of marriage because he doesn't think he's good enough [for Carmel] and he doesn't want to let her down in future [because] he thinks he will be weak and will let her down.

"Even though it was a storyline I didn't believe in, I was able to find the truth with the help of directors and other cast like Glen Wallace and Jennifer Metcalfe."

Ex-'Oaks star Rigby lands West End role
    Hollyoaks star Emma Rigby is to make her West End debut in musical thriller Wolfboy.

The 20-year-old will appear in the production alongside ex-Any Dream Will Do contestant Daniel Boys, actor Gregg Lowe and fellow Hollyoaks alumnus Paul Holowaty, who played Steven 'Macki' Mackintosh on the Channel 4 soap.

Wolfboy tells the story of teenagers Bernie and David, who share an intimate adventure in a boy's home. Bernie has attempted suicide in the past, while David may have the powers of a wolf.

The show, adapted from a 1984 play written by Brad Fraser, has its London premiere at Trafalgar Studios 2 on July 8 and will run until July 31. It was previously performed at the 2009 Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

Rigby is best known for playing Hollyoaks' troubled Hannah Ashworth for four years. She made her final appearance in the role in February and has often spoken of how she wants to make a name for herself in theatre.

Thread Information