Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hollyoaks General News Thread

Hollyoaks star Kieron Richardson has agreed to become a patron of the Manchester Pride festival.

The 25-year-old's new commitment will see him represent the festival throughout the year, including during its ten-day programme of arts, music and cultural events which take place in August.

Manchester Pride is an annual Gay Pride celebration which attracts thousands of spectators and centres around a 72-hour party on the August bank holiday weekend each year.

Discussing his appointment, Richardson told the festival's official website: "I am honoured to have been asked to get involved. Being a Manchester lad, it's exciting to be involved in something so central to Manchester's culture.

"I hope I can bring something fun, fresh and exciting to the table and I look forward to working with fellow patrons Antony [Cotton] and Christopher [Biggins]."

The actor revealed that he is gay in a TV interview last year, shortly before viewers saw his Hollyoaks character Ste Hay embark on a turbulent relationship with boss Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan).

Speaking of Richardson's new role, Manchester Pride's festival director Jackie Crozier added: "The patrons play an important part in the success of Manchester Pride - helping to promote the cause and act as figureheads for our charity work.

"We are delighted to be welcoming Kieron on board. As a young gay man playing a gay role in a national soap, he has helped to raise awareness of the issues facing the LGBT community."

Hollyoaks actress Jorgie Porter has opened up over her romance with co-star James Atherton for the first time.

The pair are currently an item both on and off screen as their characters Theresa McQueen and Will Savage recently embarked on a relationship, while they are also dating in real life.

Porter told Gossip Monthly: "Me and James have been dating a while and it is the first time I have dated a co-star. I've never actually admitted that we have been going out!

"Things are going really well and he is a great guy, I can't shut up about him! It is a little weird working with him on set. We will be doing a scene and then afterwards it is like, 'So do you want to hang out after this?'

"I don't know if I'd get jealous of him kissing another co-star for work - I've never seen him do it yet. I'd like to say no because it is work, but when it happens I'll probably go mad!"

© Lime Pictures

Pictured: Jorgie Porter and James Atherton as Theresa and Will in Hollyoaks.

Porter also insisted that she currently has no plans to bow out from her Hollyoaks role.

"At the moment I am really happy at Hollyoaks," she said. "It makes me laugh and keeps me happy and I don't want to leave that."

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    © Lime Pictures

Pictured: Jorgie Porter and James Atherton as Theresa and Will in Hollyoaks.

Here is the missing picture

Former Hollyoaks and Holby City star Barry Sloane has landed a role in upcoming thriller movie Penthouse North.

The actor will appear alongside Michelle Monaghan and Michael Keaton in the film, which tells the story of a criminal who is trying to retrieve some stolen diamonds hidden in the apartment of a blind photojournalist.

Sloane will portray the part of Chad, the accomplice of the criminal, Variety reports. As part of the plan to secure the diamonds, Chad pretends to be a helpful stranger in order to garner information from the apartment's resident, played by Monaghan.

When Chad's attempts prove fruitless, his own life is put in danger as he is forced to call his twisted partner in crime (Keaton) for help.

Sloane departed the cast of Hollyoaks in late 2008 after nearly a year in the role of villain Niall Rafferty. More recently, he was seen playing Kieran Callaghan in Holby City.

The 30-year-old is currently starring in Jerusalem in the West End.

Penthouse North will begin filming in Ottawa next month.

© Lime Pictures
    Gemma Merna has announced that she will be getting married to long-time fiancé Ian Minton in May.

The Hollyoaks actress has been engaged to businessman Minton for three years, and the pair will tie the knot in a Merseyside ceremony, reports the Daily Mail.

Merna's Hollyoaks co-stars and on-screen family Jennifer Metcalfe, Jorgie Porter and Nicole Barber-Lane will be bridesmaids.

Sam and Billie Faiers, Sheree Murphy, Liverpool footballer Brad Jones and his partner Dani Lawrence will also attend, along with several other Hollyoaks stars.

She reportedly told her friends: "'I am so excited, we have been planning our special day for the past six months and can't wait to enjoy it with all of our friends and family."

Merna later confirmed the news on Twitter, saying: "Hey guys we've set a date," before thanking her followers for their congratulatory messages.

The pair became engaged in 2009 after Minton proposed during a trip to the Maldives.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Can someone tell me what was the song played at the beginning and the end on #Hollyoaks 4th Sep 2013?
    I'm talking about the song at the beginning in the moment after Browning shot Myra, and when he's attacking Mercedes. At the beginnign it starts with violin and then there's a choir, It's very dramatic.

Thread Information