Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollyoaks General News Thread

Hollyoaks General News Thread

A news thread for all general peices of news regarding the show and the cast. I.e Digitial Spy news reports etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Kirkwood to head up new 'Hollyoaks Later'

Hollyoaks production house Lime Pictures have been commissioned to create another late night version of the Channel 4 soap.

The five-parter, which is currently in pre-production, is being headed up by former Hollyoaks producer Bryan Kirkwood and will air across five nights towards the end of September.

Last year's edition of Hollyoaks Later, produced by new Hollyoaks boss Lucy Allan, saw the return of Guy Burnet as Craig Dean to tie in with the shock climax to the Niall Rafferty (Barry Sloane) plot.

Gemma Bissix is to follow in the footsteps of Kelly Brook by heading to the West End.

The 25-year-old actress has landed the lead role in stage comedy Fat Pig, the position previously held by Kelly, 29.

Gemma, who has returned to Hollyoaks for a short stint, will travel around the UK with the company before performing in London.

She told pals of her new job at the opening of Jean-Christophe Novelli’s restaurant at Hotel Lorcrimar in Marbella.

One friend said: “It’s a great role for Gemma – she’s naturally funny.”

Britain's Next Top Model hopeful Chloe Cummings is reportedly eager to land a role on Hollyoaks.

The 18-year-old, who is the cousin of former Top Model contestant Abbey Clancy, is one of the remaining 12 girls fighting it out to win a contract with Models 1.

Speaking to the Daily Star, she said: "I am not just a pretty face, you know.

"Ideally I would love to pop up on Hollyoaks but movies are my bigger dream."

Britain's Next Top Model continues next Monday at 9pm on Living.

A Hollyoaks fan died of a drink and drugs overdose after developing an obsession with one of the soap's characters, an inquest has been told.

Lauren Fenton-Anderson, 24, was found dead at her home in Tunbridge Wells, Kent last August following an alcohol and painkillers binge.

The incident occurred after the interior design student became convinced that she was one of the Channel 4 show's troubled female characters, a coroner was informed this week.

Fenton-Anderson's boyfriend John Marshall confirmed that his partner became addicted to Hollyoaks while suffering from insomnia.

Recording a verdict of misadventure, deputy coroner Alan Blunsdon said: "She did take the tablets but didn't appreciate the effect of mixing them with alcohol."

Actor Chris Fountain has expressed his excitement about what the future holds in life after Hollyoaks.

The 21-year-old, who plays Justin Burton, finished filming with the Channel 4 soap at the end of last month and bows out on screen in two weeks' time.

He said: "I've grown up playing Justin, so it's very odd that he'll be no more on the on-screen world. It is a bit weird, but I'm excited and looking forward to what may come from leaving."

However, he revealed that the prospect of having no work is just dawning on him, joking: "I only finished Hollyoaks about three weeks ago. After that I went to the Dancing On Ice tour and I only finished that on Tuesday, so I've only just started to realise that I've not got a job now! I'm going to sign on on Monday!"

Hollyoaks star Gemma Merna has revealed that she dreams of playing Coronation Street legend Raquel Watts.

The actress, better known as Carmel McQueen on the Chester-based show, named Sarah Lancashire's former Weatherfield character as her ideal soap role in an interview.

"If I could take it back I would be Raquel in Coronation Street," Merna told PA.

She continued: "Carmel is like her, but I just love, love, love that character in Coronation Street. She was an icon."

Lancashire appeared in the role of Raquel from 1991 to 1996. She later made a brief return to the programme in 2000.

Discussing her own soap part, Merna added that her recent scenes with Ricky Whittle (Calvin Valentine) have been "tough" to film. Viewers have seen their on screen marriage hitting a rocky patch this year.

She commented: "Now we're going back more on the comedy lines, so fingers crossed we're doing some more fun stuff again."

There will only ever be one Raquel and she was played by Sarah Lancashire

Gemma Bissix has said that her "ideal man" would be Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson.

However, the soap star, 25, claimed that she is more interested in driving cars with the TV presenter than any "back seat stuff".

"I'm a bit of a tomboy, so I always say Jeremy Clarkson is my ideal guy," she told New! magazine.

"It's because I'm into cars. I'd just get in the car with him and say, 'Let's go on a long drive'. There'd be no back seat stuff though - I'm just interested in the cars!"

Bissix also claimed that she has trouble finding good men because her characters in Hollyoaks and EastEnders intimidate nice guys.

"They think I'm like my screen characters," she said. "So all I get are the cocky, confident [men] who I know are going to cheat on me anyway."

A Hollyoaks spokesperson has dismissed speculation that Sarah Harding has been offered a role in the soap.

According to the Daily Star, bosses at the Channel 4 programme had been desperate to sign up the Girls Aloud singer after learning that she is a fan of the show.

Speaking to PA, a representative for the Chester-based drama said: "It's absolutely not true, we have not been in any talks with her at all."

However, he added: "If Sarah did want to make an appearance, we wouldn't rule anything out for the future."

The 27-year-old recently admitted that she would love to pursue a career in acting and hopes to follow in Angelina Jolie's footsteps.

Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas has revealed that he "hates" stripping off for promotional photoshoots.

The 28-year-old actor, who recently filmed his final scenes as Warren Fox, admitted that posing for the soap's annual calendar was a frustrating part of his job.

Speaking to Celebs On Sunday magazine, he explained: "I hate it. I'd rather not [do it]. I've done three calendars since I've been at Hollyoaks. It's compulsory, I don't have any choice in the matter - I'd be hauled up into the producer's office if I refused to.

"I stop eating before I have to do one, and the second I've done my shot I'm like: 'Right, get me a pizza, a beer...'"

Lomas also insisted that he never receives saucy letters or items of underwear from the programme's female fans.

"I swear to God I don't, honestly. Maybe people are just scared I'll come and get them. I've never even had a pair of pants in my life," he said.

The star joined Hollyoaks in 2006 and announced his decision to quit the show in March this year.

Thread Information