Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

Suzanne Shaw has revealed that she is happy with her hectic schedule on Emmerdale.

The 28-year-old actress, who joined the serial earlier this year, also claimed that it is the "busiest" job she has ever had.

She told The Mirror: "Everything really is great at the moment. Emmerdale is the busiest I've ever been - but I love it.

"I still can't quite believe that this is me - married and doing a job I completely love. If you'd told me all this was going to happen a few years ago I honestly wouldn’t have believed it."

Shaw married Jason King, who is part of the double-act JK and Joel, in 2009.

Sammy Winward has revealed her big sister stepped in to stop school bullies tormenting her.

The Emmerdale star told Cosmopolitan that Amy, 26, has always been protective.

"I remember on my first few days of school, someone wanted to beat me up and Amy had it fixed before I'd even heard about it," said Winward, who plays Katie Sugden on the ITV soap.

Amy added: "She was picked on a bit at school, so I'd go and meet her at the school gate to make sure she was okay."

Despite their close relationship now, Winward said the pair had their fair share of sibling disputes.

Emmerdale star Deena Payne has admitted that she was shocked when she learned that her character Viv Hope would split from husband Bob.

The couple's relationship hits the rocks in tonight's double bill of the rural soap after Viv discovers that Bob (Tony Audenshaw) slept with Genesis Walker (Sian Reese-Williams) last year.

Speaking to the Daily Record about the plot, Payne revealed: "I was shocked when they said they were going to split us up and I think the fans are going to be, too. They will be thinking they will get back together, but I don't think they will.

"I think fans will mourn the end of Viv and Bob. I certainly have. I went though a mournful patch but then I thought, 'Oh well, they might get me a hunky new man like George Clooney'."

The actress confessed that she "cried real tears" while filming some of the break-up scenes and felt that the couple had "a lot more" to offer as a duo. However, she is now feeling more optimistic over the story.

She explained: "Maybe a split energises both characters. And as long as they are living in the village, there is always going to be a thing between them, even if they have new partners. I think they are soulmates. Sometimes you can't get on with a soulmate. You have arguments."

A RAFT of racy storylines and new characters has pushed Emmerdale ratings ONE MILLION above EastEnders'.
    The ITV soap peaked at 7.2million for its hour-long special on Tuesday compared to 6.1million for the Beeb's Albert Square drama.

Emmerdale storylines have included Aaron Livesy's gay anguish, Bob and Viv Hope's marriage breakdown after he bedded Genesis Dingle, and a teenage Holly Barton becoming hooked on cocaine.

But the London soap managed to claw back the audience figures from its Yorkshire rival for its last half, trumping Emmerdale in the final 15 minutes.

Producer Gavin Blyth has culled old characters since being hired last year. And he has brought in new faces like Suzanne Shaw, who plays Eve Birch.

An ITV spokesman said it was "delighted" with the ratings.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0pBJGSByz

Joseph Gilgun has admitted that he is without his pet parrot after it flew away from him on the set of his new movie.

The actor, who recently departed his role as Eli Dingle in Emmerdale, is currently starring as Woody in Channel 4's This Is England spinoff.

"He was on my shoulder. He's been able to do that without running off but an alarm went off and startled him and that was it," he told PA.

"He bolted straight over all the houses. The whole crew to the locals to everybody, and especially me, was heartbroken. He's like my son.

"I didn't want him in Emmerdale. I think he's a bit too busy for it. I was there every day so I had to leave him at home."

Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has admitted that she rarely gets recognised by fans of the soap.

The actress, who has been with the Yorkshire-based serial for a year, confessed that she does not share her character Holly Barton's fashion sense when going about her everyday life.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Powles revealed: "I don't get that many fans talking to me because I'm usually in a beanie hat and scruffy combats, so no-one recognises me.

"But if I go out after work and look like Holly, I do get a few people saying things. It's lovely - but also a bit weird if you're buying a pair of knickers or something and someone taps you on the shoulder!"

Asked whether viewers ever say strange things to her, she replied: "A lot of people say I look fat on the telly - I'm like, 'Oh, right - I'll stop eating the pies then!'"

Powles's alter ego is currently at the centre of a teen drugs storyline on the ITV1 programme.

WENN
    ITV1's Emmerdale has been voted the UK soap with the best gay storylines in a new poll.

The Yorkshire-based drama proved popular in a survey carried out by lesbian, gay and bisexual charity Stonewall, clinching victory with 44% of the votes.

Emmerdale's recognition follows its long-running plot centring around troubled Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) as he struggles to come to terms with his homosexuality.

BBC One's EastEnders, which has recently featured a same sex romance between Syed Masood (Marc Elliott) and Christian Clarke (John Partridge), followed closely behind in the poll with 43%.

Meanwhile, Coronation Street - which has this year seen Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent) and Sian Powers (Sacha Parkinson) develop feelings for each other - took 13% of the votes.

Speaking of the results, Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth commented: "From the outset, we always wanted to be very truthful and honest in the story of Aaron's sexuality and how he as an individual attempted to deny himself. While we obviously recognise this doesn't mirror the journey of every man and woman, we were aware that it would resonate with very many.

"The enormous positive feedback we have received has proved it to be the case and to be recognised by Stonewall in this way is a huge honour to all involved."

ADAM Thomas called in sick at Emmerdale - then partied at a Jay-Z gig hours later.
    The actor, 22, told co-stars he was in bed next to a sick bucket. But an hour later he revealed on Twitter that he had been offered tickets to see the rapper in Manchester.
    He wrote: "Please get better soon me wants to go!" That night he posted a picture of himself at last week's gig and wrote: "Jay-Z baby baby! That guy is too good."
    Emmerdale bosses were happy with the explanation given by Adam - younger brother of Corrie star Ryan. An insider at the ITV1 soap, where he plays Adam Barton, said: "He was in bed all day, but then he made a miraculous recovery.
    "Bosses understand young people often make rapid recoveries. There are no problems."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0qs8fR9Y8

FORMER Emmerdale beauty Roxanne Pallett proves she can shake, rattle and roll as she poses in sexy 1950s gear for a new musical.
    The 27-year-old - who played Jo Sugden in the ITV1 soap - is touring the UK this summer with Rock Around the Clock.
    She showed off an impressive flat tum from all the dancing rehearsals and looked red-hot in a flirty halterneck - another costume from the show.
    It includes big hits of the decade by Bill Haley, Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0rRFdgnMG

Former Emmerdale star Roxanne Pallett has revealed that she would not rule out appearing in another soap.

The actress bowed out from her role as Jo Sugden on the Yorkshire-based serial in 2008 and will return to screens with a one-off guest part in Casualty later this year.

Speaking to the News of the World about her screen comeback, Pallett commented: "I'm really excited as it will be the first TV role that I'll be seen as someone else other than Jo. As long as I have a great character and an interesting script in front of me, I'm happy."

Asked whether she would accept another soap role in the future, she replied: "You never know what's around the corner so if another soap called on me, who knows?"

Pallett is currently taking part in a touring production of the musical Rock Around The Clock, which is to visit 16 cities over the next few months.

She said: "This is my professional stage debut and there's always a certain amount of nerves that come with walking into any first-time role. But I'm loving it and I've fitted straight in."

DS

Thread Information