Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

Emmerdale stars Suzanne Shaw and James Thornton have spoken of how they were almost struck by lightning this week as they filmed a scene for the soap.

The pair, who play Eve Jenson and John Barton respectively, were forced to run for cover after a bolt blew out all the lights and destroyed a tree just a few feet away from where they were shooting.

James Sutton (Ryan Lamb) and Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle) were also present for the scary moment, which occurred on Tuesday evening during a freak storm which hit Yorkshire.

Writing on Twitter shortly afterwards, Shaw told fans: "Emmerdale has just been struck by lightning! Seriously - Cain, Ryan, Eve and John nearly killed off!"

Meanwhile, Thornton - who is still recovering after being hit by a car in February - told his own Twitter followers: "Just almost got hit by lightning! All the lights exploded! We all screamed! I threw my crutches on the floor! The whole crew took cover."

An Emmerdale source told the Daily Star: "They can see the funny side now but they were in a blind panic when the lightning struck. They were in fear of their lives."

Emmerdale actress Charley Webb gave birth to her first child over the Easter weekend.

The 22-year-old, along with her boyfriend and co-star Matthew Wolfenden, welcomed their son Buster Lawrence Wolfenden into the world on Saturday.

Speaking of his son's arrival, Wolfenden - who plays David Metcalfe in the serial - said: "Buster is amazing and we are both completely besotted with him."

In September, it was announced that the pair were expecting.

Webb departed for maternity leave earlier this year and her character Debbie Dingle was written out on screen last month when she and daughter Sarah moved to Jersey.

Aww congratulations to them.

Roxanne Pallett has revealed that she struggled to cope with the death of her best friend.

The actress, who played Jo Sugden for three years up to 2008, admitted that she suffered depression which nearly led to a breakdown.

She told the News of the World: "I've not been out and about until now. Nothing else really mattered. It threw a spanner in the works."

Pallett said that, immediately after the tragedy, she pulled out of a starring role in a pantomime. However, the star's recent guest role in BBC One hospital drama Casualty has rejuvenated her spirits.

She continued: "It was a guest lead in one episode. It was nice having something to feel tenacious about.

"Getting up, reading roles, going for the audition - it gives you that momentum and drive that everyone needs at a time like that."

Lucy Pargeter has admitted that she is grateful for the opportunity to play a bad mother in Emmerdale.

Fans of the ITV1 soap have seen Pargeter's character Chastity Dingle face turbulent times with troubled son Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) since he returned to screens in 2008.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Pargeter commented: "Chas hasn't really got the mothering gene, has she? She wasn't really around much when Aaron was younger - and when she was there, she wasn't much cop.

"It's good for me to portray a bad mother on screen, though. I'm not saying that I'm an amazing mum myself, but I'm absolutely devoted to my little girl, Lola. It's really nice to go against the grain and play someone who has no idea how to be a parent at all."

Chastity's relationship with her son looks likely to turn a corner in next week's episodes following Aaron's suicide attempt, which airs tonight.

However, asked whether she hopes the pair have a harmonious future, Pargeter replied: "Oh no, not at all. I don't ever wish Chas happiness. It's not that I want her to be sad and miserable all the time, but a happy storyline is often a boring one. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there's plenty more turmoil and drama ahead for the woman!"

Emmerdale's Lucy Pargeter has revealed that she never watches any soap operas.

The 33-year-old actress, who plays Chastity Dingle on the serial, insists that she doesn't have the time after being at work.

She told the Daily Record: "I don't watch soaps. I don't watch any of them. I just don't have time and when I get home from work it's not so that I can sit down and watch other soaps.

"It's 'off time'. I have to learn lines, get my daughter Lola off to bed, make dinner, stuff like that."

She added of her husband, Leeds United football coach Rudi Coleano: "He has his own goalkeeping academy and works for Leeds, but I can't stand football.

"It doesn't entertain me. He doesn't watch it either. He's not bothered by it and we don't support anybody. We have more interesting things to do than watch the football."

Emmerdale star Tony Audenshaw celebrated a double triumph after taking part in the London Marathon yesterday.

The actor, who plays businessman Bob Hope on the Yorkshire-based drama, broke a world record for the fastest ever runner to complete the race while dressed as a baby.

His time of 3 hours and 13 minutes also made him the first celebrity to cross the finish line this year.

Speaking to reporters afterwards, Audenshaw joked: "You can forget about the 100m record, this is the record people are interested in - the world's fastest baby in a marathon."

He added: "It means everything to me. It's great to be the fastest celebrity and also to break a Guinness World Record."

Other soap stars who took part in yesterday's marathon included former Hollyoaks actor Ricky Whittle.

Lyndon Ogbourne has revealed that he is thrilled by the strong reactions his Emmerdale character provokes from viewers.

The actor's twisted alter ego Nathan Wylde returns to screens next week following a break from the village and is expected to cause more trouble for his family in the months ahead.

Fans have already seen Nathan try to blackmail mum Natasha (Amanda Donohoe) after she confessed to killing his dad Mark. He has also attacked his father's first wife Faye Lamb (Kim Thomson) in dramatic scenes.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Ogbourne admitted: "I already have people giving me jokey abuse while I'm out and about regarding how nasty Nathan is. But I'm actually really chuffed about that, because if viewers want to go out of their way to tell me what a git my character is, then I must be doing something right!"

He continued: "When Nathan was away from the village, I was travelling in India. Even over there, I bumped into someone who gave me a hard time. There's no escape from Nathan!

"I do find myself trying to defend him, though. Because I know him so well, he's someone I want to stand up for - though I'm not sure there's any justification for the way he behaves."

Emmerdale's screen siblings Rik Makarem and Chris Bisson have promised that viewers will begin to see more of their characters in the coming months.

Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at this year's British Soap Awards, the pair - who play Sharma brothers Nikhil and Jai - suggested that their family history will be explored as well as new love interests.

Bisson teased: "We're simmering, but we're coming. It's got to turn dark at some point, hasn't it?"

Makarem continued: "We're going to see more of a relationship established between Jai and Nikhil - some of their history's going to come out... We can promise that there's going to be some really good stuff between the middle and the end of the year."

On love interests for their screen counterparts, Makarem laughed: "It's been a bit of a rocky road so far but I can definitely say that Team Sharma's going to hit strong..."

Emmerdale star Suzanne Shaw has revealed that she is keen to have two more children.

The actress, who tied the knot with partner Jason King last year, is already mum to 5-year-old Corey from her previous relationship with Darren Day.

Speaking to Reveal magazine, Shaw explained: "I'd like to have at least two more children, but I don't think I'd go over that - just because I hated being pregnant. I really didn't enjoy it, because I was sick for the whole nine months. I had morning, afternoon and night sickness."

Of her relationship with King, she continued: "I knew Jay was the one, I just had a feeling. Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect - we argue a lot - but I don't think there's such a thing as perfect. We've dealt with tough times and have managed to get through them. Relationships are just bloody hard work.

"I'm 100% the happiest I've been in my relationship and life in general. Married life is really good."

Shaw joined the Emmerdale cast earlier this year in the role of flirtatious Eve Jenson.

Thread Information