Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

ITV Emmerdale Video: 2015 review

It's been another eventful year in The Village with loads more to come! Take a look at our year review for some of the most memorable moments of 2015.

ITV Video (3m 27s) at:
    http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/...le-2015-review

Charley Webb has second child

Congratulations to Emmerdale's Charley Webb, who has welcomed her second child with partner and co-star Matthew Wolfenden.

The actress confirmed the news in a Twitter post, writing: "Happy new year everyone. Excited to head into 2016 as a family of 4."

The baby was born on December 19, although the newborn's gender has yet to be confirmed.

The pair are already proud parents to son Buster.

The actress spoke about taking maternity leave from the show earlier this year, saying that she wanted a "quiet exit".

Webb stars in Emmerdale as Debbie Dingle, while Wolfenden plays David Metcalfe​.

Congratulations to them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (02-01-2016)

Cool Chris Bisson´s on birth of his daughter

Emmerdale star Chris Bisson has discussed the drama surrounding the birth of his baby girl last month, likening it to 'a scene from a film'.

The actor, who plays Jai Sharma in the ITV soap, became a father for the second time towards the end of 2015 when his partner Rowena Finn​ gave birth to a daughter​.

​However, the pair were left fearing that Ella Rose was going to be born in the car as they made a very dramatic dash to hospital.

Opening up about the birth to Hello! magazine, Bisson said: "Just like a scene from a film, there was this cinematic race to the hospital.

"She was born seven minutes later (after our arrival), after one puff of gas and air."

Bisson also said that having children has made certain Emmerdale storylines more 'challenging' to play, admitting that he has been filming some harrowing scenes recently.

Viewers know that ​Jai's ex-partner Megan is currently expecting his baby but he only became aware of this before Christmas, believing she'd had an abortion.

He said: "I enjoy playing a baddie but since becoming a father I find some baby-related storylines challenging.

"When Harry was born, the plot revolved around a baby in intensive care. I've been filming another harrowing story that hasn't been revealed yet. It makes me realise how lucky I am."

Ross Barton has always liked a challenge, and it seems Emmerdale star Michael Parr does too, as he is preparing to climb Mount Everest.

The actor revealed the news on ITV's Lorraine this morning (January 18) with his co-star Gemma Atkinson, who plays Carly Hope.

Speaking about his upcoming challenge, Parr said: "I am going to be climbing Mount Everest for the Steve Prescott foundation which is from my hometown.

"We are just going to be trying to raise as much money as possible by climbing one of the biggest mountains in the world.

"It's going to be hard work but luckily two of my best friends are doing it with me so they can drag me up!​"

Parr also joked about his outfit ahead of the National Television Awards this week. He previously received flak after turning up to the Inside Soap Awards in rather casual attire.

When Lorraine Kelly asked him if he would be dressing up this time, he light-heartedly said: "​I knew that was going to come up. How dare you!", before joking that he might wear a dress and heels.

We'll be keeping our eyes peeled...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (12-02-2016)

It was a victorious night for Emmerdale at Wednesday's Broadcast Awards, as the ITV serial beat EastEnders and Coronation Street to win Best Soap.

Casualty, Holby City and Hollyoaks were also shortlisted for the prize, but it was Emmerdale's "top form" that took it home.

Judges deemed that the big stunt episodes, including the helicopter crash submitted for the awards, were not just ratings-grabbers but also "the culmination of careful plotting and character development".

One panellist said that Ross's fake farewell was "a smart way to keep things interesting and alive".

Another simply concluded: "It looks like the most professional of the soaps at the moment. It's doing everything it can to get it right."

Emmerdale reacted to the win with a sweet "Woohoo!" on Twitter.

By Adam Silverstein, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...adcast-awards/

ITV Video about the filming of Tess's hit and run incident on Thursday 11 Feb 2016

The loss of Tess's life at the accidental hands of Kirin starts a heartbreaking journey for Kirin, Paddy and Rhona's. Adam Fielding explains.

Tess's hit and run: Behind the scenes, 2m 47s
    http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/...ind-the-scenes

Former Emmerdale actor Frank Kelly has died. The 77 year old played the part of Dermot Macey, father of Declan and Megan Macey between 2010 and 2011.

The ITV soap has tweeted a message to say he will be sorely missed:
    "Goodbye Frank Kelly, you will be sorely missed. x #Emmerdale https://t.co/H5FeT1QDSC"

The actor's death has been announced by the Irish national broadcaster RTÉ. He will be best remembered for his role as Father Jack in the long-running Channel 4 sitcom Father Ted.

Read more at:
    http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/upd...nk-kelly-dies/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-02-2016)

sad RIP

rip frank kelly

The snow currently making its presence felt across the UK has hit the set of Emmerdale​.

The ITV soap posted a picture of the unusual filming conditions this morning (March 2).

Its tweet read: "Second day of spring...AND IT'S SNOWING!​"

Exterior shots for the show are filmed on a purpose-built set in West Yorkshire.

© ITV
    Snowy conditions on March 2

However, the ITV soap has told Digital Spy that the weather has not affected exterior filming in the village as of yet, as it is still fairly light.

Shooting will proceed as normal.

By Sam Warner, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...its-yorkshire/

Emmerdale Twitter
    https://twitter.com/emmerdale

Thread Information