Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

Emmerdale's Michael Parr admits nerves over producer change: 'It's terrifying'

By Daniel Kilkelly and Tom Mansell
    Tuesday, Oct 6 2015, 17:25 BST

He's one of the most popular stars in the soap world after two years playing Ross Barton, but Emmerdale's Michael Parr has admitted that he was still nervous when he heard about the show getting a new producer.

Current boss Kate Oates will be bowing out at the end of the year as she is crossing the Pennines to run Coronation Street, while Hollyoaks' series producer Iain MacLeod will be taking over at Emmerdale.

Watch our exclusive video to see Parr speak very honestly about the big soap shake-up in a chat with Digital Spy at the Inside Soap Awards 2015.

The actor shouldn't have too much to worry about after bagging himself four awards at last night's ceremony, including the coveted gong for Best Actor.

Parr seemed a little embarrassed when quizzed by us about his success, so the recognition definitely hasn't gone to his head!

See video and read more at: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...errifying.html

Congratulations to Emmderdale star Kelvin Fletcher, who has married his long term girlfriend Liz Marsland.

The pair tied the knot in a secret ceremony last Saturday (November 28) after nine years of dating, The Mirror reports.

Kelvin and Liz flew off to Rome for their honeymoon after the wedding.

The newly married couple have known each other from an early age, having grown up a few streets apart in Oldham.

Kelvin proposed last December, with Liz showing off the ring in an adorable Instagram post.

The actor has played Andy Sugden on the ITV soap since 1996.​

Congratulations to them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Snagglepus (05-12-2015)

Congratulations to James Hooton, who is to become a father for the second time.

The Emmerdale star and his fiancée Nancy Lucas already have an 8-year-old daughter, Lily, and in this week's issue of OK! magazine, the two revealed their past fertility struggles.

James Hooton, Nancy Lucas and daughter Lily OK! magazine shoot
    © OK!
    "We've been trying to get pregnant for around two years but it just wasn't happening," Hooton explained, before Lucas added that they had just started going down the fertility route when, three months in, she fell pregnant "without any intervention".

The couple put the success down to a 'hysteropingogram', where dye is put through the fallopian tubes to check for any blockages.

Hooton explained: "The doctor said they get quite a high number of people falling pregnant just after that one very simple procedure, so it was what we went for first, and then a couple of weeks later we fell pregnant!"

Having got engaged in 2010, Lucas also joked that their daughter Lily will "probably end up getting married before us".

ITV has released a spoof music video showing Emmerdale characters making music in a recording studio as part of the Text Santa show aired on ITV on Friday, 18th December 2015.

The band play "Merry Christmas Everyone", which was first released by Shakin' Stevens on 25th November 1985, reaching the UK No. 1 chart position during the Christmas week.

© ITV

Emmerdale video cast list:

Aaron - lead guitar
    Andy - saxophone
    April - piano
    Bob - lead vocal
    Finn - sound mixing
    Kerry - producer
    Louis Walsh - executive producer (as himself)
    Megan - bass guitar
    Pearl and Priya - backing vocals
    Rishi -drums

"Online Exclusive for Text Santa" ITV video (4m 10s) at:
    http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/...for-text-santa

Associated Daily Mirror news article:
    "Watch Text Santa Emmerdale song as cast obliterate a Christmas classic while Louis Walsh listens"
    18 Dec 2015
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/w...e-song-7038678

"Merry Christmas Everyone" is a popular festive song by the Welsh singer-songwriter Shakin' Stevens.", wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_Christmas_Everyone

"Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone", Official video (4m 35s) at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeyHl1tQeaQ
    (See other Christmas music videos on autoplay and clickable in the right-hand column)
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 19-12-2015 at 01:26.

So really what do others think of Kate Oates as Emmerdale Series Producer for Emmerdale storylines during her reign since 2013?

Well, I think that we've had some really incredible, dreadful and bad storylines since 2013.

Maybe Kate Oates ruined some of our Emmerdale characters for a while or forever?

What does everyone think here?

Here is your chance maybe to tell Kate Oates what we all think of her time as "head honcho" for our lovely soap at Emmerdale!

My personal vote is "dreadful". Storylines going nowhere and shortened far too early. Itchy and Scratchy really. Everything next episode a blank slate. Just dreadful! Ross shown as a terrible scumbag with no come-uppance and leading others (like Aaron) into trouble.

I'm sorry, Kate, but you seem to be really dead on Emmerdale come New Year's Day, 2016. Bye!

Emmerdale Series Producer: Kate Oates (4 April 2013 – December 2015). RIP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmerdale

I think the change in producer will be refreshing and is needed, I feel she has done a few good story lines, particularly the Laurel storyline, the Alicia/Lachlan was good although I would of liked proper justice for her, Val's exit was good and bringing back Donna, Aaron & Robert. I guess the Cameron siege was a success and the Charity/Declan with the Rachel twist was another good one,

but I feel this year it's not been so good & in recent months there have been too much affairs the Zak & Lisa one I feel will prove to be a big mistake I think maybe she was trying to leave her mark on the Emmerdale landscape.

The things I feel unhappy with are there has been way too much crime, I've lost count of the number of murder attempts, robbery's and so on. Which usually they have on the Thursday double for the sake of dramatics to gain ratings, more thought out plots would be better than just drama for dramas sake.

I feel they've gone to far with Ross without either redeeming him or giving him any decent comeuppance I mean : Is he an out and out villain or are they trying to make him another Cain? Having him do these sick acts then giving him scenes with April or Moses to balance him out isn't working & I feel they need to decide what direction to go with him either way either make him a true villain or show him in a favourable light consistently without the psycho killer plots. I think it's a shame because I loved Ross in his first year but feel myself turning off of him with the Debbie affair, the number of crime acts & what he tried to do to Pete & then to shoot Robert on top of that was one step to far. I hope they calm down with him & bring it right next year.

Emmerdale have also pushed things with Jai so far I just want him to go away, he's not redeemable now he just a repulsive character.

The Robert/Aaron story line was so good but they have written so much bad feeling there & then after building it up suddenly shelved it for the last 6 months to make way for the summer stunt, more Ross overkill as so on given the popularity of 'Robron' it was madness the possible indications are they be bringing them together again, I hope so.

I'm intrigued by the return of Gordon & what the storyline is for Aaron.

Lets see what the new producer will bring for 2016.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to binky321 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (24-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by binky321 View Post
    I think the change in producer will be refreshing and is needed, I feel she has done a few good story lines, particularly the Laurel storyline, the Alicia/Lachlan was good although I would of liked proper justice for her, Val's exit was good and bringing back Donna, Aaron & Robert. I guess the Cameron siege was a success and the Charity/Declan with the Rachel twist was another good one,

but I feel this year it's not been so good & in recent months there have been too much affairs the Zak & Lisa one I feel will prove to be a big mistake I think maybe she was trying to leave her mark on the Emmerdale landscape.

The things I feel unhappy with are there has been way too much crime, I've lost count of the number of murder attempts, robbery's and so on. Which usually they have on the Thursday double for the sake of dramatics to gain ratings, more thought out plots would be better than just drama for dramas sake.

I feel they've gone to far with Ross without either redeeming him or giving him any decent comeuppance I mean : Is he an out and out villain or are they trying to make him another Cain? Having him do these sick acts then giving him scenes with April or Moses to balance him out isn't working & I feel they need to decide what direction to go with him either way either make him a true villain or show him in a favourable light consistently without the psycho killer plots. I think it's a shame because I loved Ross in his first year but feel myself turning off of him with the Debbie affair, the number of crime acts & what he tried to do to Pete & then to shoot Robert on top of that was one step to far. I hope they calm down with him & bring it right next year.

Emmerdale have also pushed things with Jai so far I just want him to go away, he's not redeemable now he just a repulsive character.

The Robert/Aaron story line was so good but they have written so much bad feeling there & then after building it up suddenly shelved it for the last 6 months to make way for the summer stunt, more Ross overkill as so on given the popularity of 'Robron' it was madness the possible indications are they be bringing them together again, I hope so.

You haven't mentioned Robert as unredeemable, which is funny because he has killed, shot people/held people hostage, had an affair created the fake raid on home farm and hired a hitman to kill Chas.

Quote Originally Posted by binky321 View Post

You haven't mentioned Robert as unredeemable, which is funny because he has killed, shot people/held people hostage, had an affair created the fake raid on home farm and hired a hitman to kill Chas.

I'm not disputing that but Robert is a villainous character and has been for a good decade now going back to when Karl Davis took the role, he's practically a male version of Charity this type of character get their comeuppance more so than redemption you don't expect characters to change their personality but face the consequences of their collective actions Robert has had his by losing his chosen life at Harm Farm as well as being shot and having to rebuild themselves up again from nothing & Charity will have to do the same with her release from prison no ones saying he's a saint he's a love to hate type of character.

Emmerdale has won the Best Soap category in the latest Digital Spy Reader Awards for 2015.

BEST SOAP

Winner: Emmerdale

© ITV
    The Dingles at Christmas in Emmerdale

Emmerdale has arguably been the most consistent of all the soaps for a long time now, but 2015 felt like the year that fans from across the board really sat up and took notice.

Mixing the outlandish drama of the helicopter crash stunt with tragic human stories like Laurel's drinking and Ashley's dementia, Emmerdale offered something for everyone this year while never losing touch with its humour and strong focus on characterisation. EastEnders also deserves an honourable mention after giving the show a real run for its money in the vote, though!

Celebrating Emmerdale's Digital Spy wins, outgoing producer Kate Oates told us: "These three awards are the icing on the cake after an exciting year. I'm beyond delighted for Mike and all he's achieved, and so proud of the whole team who made Emmerdale special. Thank you!"

Voting figures:

Emmerdale (32%)
    EastEnders (30%)
    Hollyoaks (23%)
    Coronation Street (10%)
    Neighbours (3%)
    Home and Away (2%)

Read more at:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ssroom-clinch/

Thread Information