Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

She was fun
    I thought her and Paddy worked well

Two former Emmerdale actresses have filmed parts for an episode of Doctors, DS can exclusively reveal.

Lorraine Chase (right) and Caroline Strong (below) - who played the Dales' Steph Forsythe and Melanie Doland - appear in an episode at the beginning of September and take on the roles of a prostitute and an aggrieved daughter.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...r-doctors.html

Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has opened up about his struggle with Crohn's disease in a candid interview.

The actor, who plays Cain Dingle on the ITV1 soap, first started to suffer symptoms of the intestinal disease at the age of 20, but he was not diagnosed by a doctor until one month before his 26th birthday.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...s-battles.html

Soap star Amy Nuttall turned men's heads around the country when she played feisty Chloe Atkinson in Emmerdale.

Not only did the redhead take part in a number of racy storylines, she also stripped off for a series of lad mags spreads.
    But now the actress says she regrets taking part in sexy photoshoots and has hit out
    Soap star Amy Nuttall turned men's heads around the country when she played feisty Chloe Atkinson in Emmerdale.

Not only did the redhead take part in a number of racy storylines, she also stripped off for a series of lad mags spreads.
    But now the actress says she regrets taking part in sexy photoshoots and has hit out at Emmerdale producers for encouraging her her to strip down to win better storylines.
    Now she is starring in BBC1's Hotel Babylon as receptionist Melanie Hughes she is quick to put her saucy past behind her.

The 27-year-old told the People newspaper: 'I was kind of told that if you do this you will get bigger and better storylines.
    'They said that the more attention you got, the bigger the character would grow, therefore there would be more to do.

http://www.mailonsunday.ie/tvshowbiz...otoshoots.html

Oh yes she did it because she was forced to. Who is she trying to kid
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Is Amy Nuttall attempting to draw up more publicity or is this article supposed to drum up more publicity for her? As there is every guarantee the article will have her in a skimpy bikini from years ago! If she was that bothered by her image back then why was she happy to pocket the cash from all the work she generated from being semi naked?

She’s brought bucketloads of A-list glamour to Emmerdale, but Amanda Donohoe reveals why she’s much more at home in Yorkshire than LA
    Yourlife 09.01.10 Amanda

Even by her own jet-setting standards, Amanda Donohoe has had quite a year of it.

In the past 12 months the Hollywood star has morphed effortlessly from established film actress to Emmerdale soap sensation — and she couldn’t be happier.

A year after she first sashayed into the village — bringing buckets of movie-star style with her — the Golden Globe-winner is enjoying it so much she’s signed up for another stint.

And Amanda, 47, who plays wronged wife Natasha Wylde says the role is up there with her Hollywood parts.

With TV credits including LA Law and films such as Castaway – which started her tinseltown career in 1986 – and The Madness Of King George, that’s no mean feat. She laughs: “I’ve done Hollywood and now I’m doing Yorkshire and I can honestly say I’m loving every minute.

“The show is huge and until you’re in it you don’t realise what that entails. There are eight million people watching your face every night. People are always coming up to chat about the storyline.”

Amanda finds herself in the thick of it again next week as her character takes centre-stage in a gripping development.

Her bigamist husband, Mark, will be murdered in an explosive episode on Thursday and Natasha is one of five characters with a motive to kill.

“It’s lovely, isn’t it?” she says, “the perfect family Christmas in Soapland!”

Years being feted in LA hasn’t dented Amanda’s down-to-earth attitude and she admits to feeling nervous about joining the soap: “It’s a monster — in the sense that it’s churning out the equivalent of 40 feature films a year – so the pace we work at is very demanding.

“Now that I’m used to it I find it challenging and enjoyable. All I ever wanted was to do it justice — and the response from the people who watch it has been overwhelming so I must be doing something right.”

The role has been part of a life-changing few years for Amanda. She left America to come home to Britain — disillusioned with the industry and its obsession with looks.

Today, dressed down in a grey cashmere jumper and slim-fitting black trousers, she is still elegant and beautiful.

But in modern Hollywood, many of her colleagues were going under the knife — something she isn’t prepared to do.

“I’d just had enough of Hollywood,” she shrugs. “The obsession with looks and plastic surgery was one of the reasons why I left.”

So has she ruled it out completely?

“Yes. Perhaps I’m a coward but it definitely doesn’t appeal to me,” she says.

“Many, many years ago I remember trying Botox – it felt like my forehead had crashed down and I had the heaviest eyebrows in the world.

“As you get older you lose your vanity — you have to, otherwise you end up in a mess. If you can’t get over the fact that you’re going to age you’re in trouble.

“I’m not a great fan of plastic surgery — I’ve seen quite a few mistakes and it can be addictive.”

She adds: “Younger women who don’t need anything doing are having procedures because they’re feeling insecure.

“It’s so, so sad and it’s about people taking your money and running. Once you start it, where do you finish?

“You see someone like Katie Price and think, ‘what are you going to look like when you’re 50?’

“She looks like some kind of generic doll. I thought she looked beautiful as she was. Young women look at that as an ideal. But it isn’t. It isn’t even normal.”

She adds: “The fact is that some people just age better than others — my mother has the most beautiful skin and she’s 89.

“So I want to look age-appropriate and be comfortable.”

A self-confessed “lazy old boot”, Amanda hates exercise and credits her slim figure to genes and a youth spent as a dancer. She doesn’t do diets and says her only concession to middle age is living a slightly quieter life.

A former “wild child” — she dropped out of her exclusive girls’ school to date Adam Ant — these days she’s in bed at 9.30pm, ready for an early start on set.

Tucking into a smoked salmon and prawn mayonnaise sandwich, she says: “I don’t deny myself — as you can see.

“But I have to be very disciplined working in soap because so much is demanded of you.

“I don’t want to go in tired or hungover so I take things easy. I don’t have much of a life at the moment.

“But it isn’t like I haven’t spent the last 25 years working, partying and travelling!”

She adds: “Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a saint. Like any woman I’m not in love with my lines. I do have some vanity but there are more important things in life. If you’ve got someone who loves you and who thinks you’re beautiful you’ll be happy and I am.”

Just back from a Christmas holiday in Jamaica with her sound artist boyfriend Russell Haswell, 38, the pair share a home in the Suffolk countryside. But renting a cottage near Harrogate allows them make the most of her time outside work.

Despite being madly in love she has no plans to get married. As she puts it: “Why make promises you can’t keep? Look at Tiger Woods — you can sleep with anyone you want to but don’t get married. It’s disrespectful.

“I’ve always felt that if I’d had children perhaps I would have done it for them. But now I think, ‘why bother?’.

“I’ve seen so much misery in that department that I want something more honest. I’m a serial monogamist and I will not put up with infidelity but I also want the freedom not to have to lie.

“When the love stops my partner will be the first to know, not the last, and that’s all you can really promise.”

Family clearly does mean a lot to her though. She looks close to tears as she talks about her parents’ carers.

“My dad has had a massive stroke so he’s in a wheelchair and my mother is going through Alzheimer’s.

“They have full-time care in their own home — you can’t live a life and be a carer so I have enormous respect for the people who do it. It’s a difficult, demanding job so to do it well is laudable.”

Mirror

FORMER British soap star Adele Silva is cleaning up in Hollywood - working in a clothes shop.
    The 29-year-old Emmerdale actress moved to Los Angeles last year in a bid to launch a career there.

But instead of raking in millions from movie blockbusters, she is working shifts at a Ted Baker store - and was snapped shining the shelves and sorting stock.

A source at the West Hollywood shop said: "She's hard-working and gets stuck in.

"She is not famous in LA so she gets treated the same as everyone else. She takes it in her stride but it's hardly living the Hollywood dream.

"I'm sure it's not what she had in mind."

Adele played Kelly Windsor in the hit ITV soap between 1993 and 2000.

She resumed the role in 2005-07, when she was led down the aisle by her stepmum's boyfriend Bob Hope, played by Tony Audenshaw.

Last year she headed to California and joined a host of soap stars who have tried - and usually failed - to make a go of it in Hollywood.

As well as her shifts at Ted Baker Adele has set up a dog-minding business called Walkies of Fame with budding actress Ceri Bethan.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0iiJn1oCZ

I had always hoped she might come back for Jimmy but I hope that he stays with Nicola now. Good to see her working though, even if it is not in films or tv, good luck to her, hope her dreams come true one day.

EMMERDALE hate figure Sian Reeves has taken to wearing a blonde wig to avoid being recognised by angry fans.
    She plays deranged marriage-wrecker Sally Spode, who has done her best to split up vicar Ashley Thomas and his wife Laurel.

When Sian goes out in real life she's been facing mounting anger from the ITV1 soap's viewers over her on-screen campaign to make Ashley fall in love with her.

She said: "It's been quite frightening. I've been travelling in a blonde Britney Spears-style wig recently and I look awful, but it doesn't matter, because nobody recognises me and I feel much safer."

Trouble maker ... Sally and Ashley in Emmerdale scene
    Former Cutting It star Sian, 45, said she was recently told, "You're a *********g bitch" by a pizza delivery man bringing an order to her hotel room.

She said: "I was straight out of the shower and in my towel. It was the last thing I expected. It was shocking."

On trains people get up and move to get away from her, while late-night revellers shout at her.

She said: "Even when I sat in first class a woman came up and said, 'My husband can't stand you. I just thought I'd let you know,' and then walked off."

Sian - nominated for Villain of the Year in this year's British Soap Awards - said "nobody makes eye contact" with her in shops.

"It's been quite frightening at times. I had one man run right up to me.

Noise

"I was so shocked I just made this terrible noise and ran off to the toilets to put on my wig."

She added: "It's been brilliant on one level, because the Sally character has obviously worked well.

"She's clearly got a screw loose and people hate her, but it's come at a cost."

Sian, who is leaving the ITV soap soon, set about trying to ruin the marriage of old flame of Ashley and Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy) when she joined the cast as Sally last year.

Off-screen, she and Charlotte are good pals - but when they go out together they "get stared at a lot".

Sian said: "People come up to Charlotte and say, 'Are you out your mind? She's after your husband!'"

On-screen, scheming Sally's even tried to bump off Laurel by locking her in the church and torching it - but her terror reign ends soon.

On April 2, she and Laurel fight when Sally claims to be carrying Ashley's baby.

Advertisement

Sally ends up being dangled over a balcony by her legs. Viewers must wait to see if Laurel drops her. Sian - who lives in London with her boyfriend and daughter, 14 - is about to record a series of BBC3 drama Lunch Monkeys.

She has been sounded out about going on next year's Dancing on Ice, but was wary because she still suffers after breaking 21 ribs falling through a stage trapdoor in 2008. However, Sian says: "If they asked me, I'd do it."

She's also been on EastEnders and City Lights, but is best known as Sydney Henshall in Cutting It.

Sian is pals with cast members from the hair salon series, including Amanda Holden and Sarah Parish.

She said: "We've always thought there should be a spin-off. After a year as Sally it would be good to play somebody nice again!

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0itdyXg6C

Thread Information