Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Emmerdale star Danny Miller has been injured in a car crash.

The 20-year-old, who plays Aaron Livesy on the soap, was involved in a traffic incident while driving down from Yorkshire to turn on Christmas lights in Reading.

Miller has been taken to hospital, but he later assured fans on Twitter that his injuries are not serious.

"Reading! I am so so sorry for not being there today," he wrote. "Truly. From the bottom of my heart! I've had a check up after the bump and everything's fine.. Bit of swelling on my knee but nothing to worry about. I'll make it up to you somehow. I am so so sorry!!"

Snatch actor Andy Beckwith has replaced Miller at the event, according to the Reading Chronicle.

Miller announced yesterday (November 18) that he will be leaving Emmerdale next year.
    Danny Miller has swiftly returned to Emmerdale following his car accident.

The Aaron Livesy actor, who was recently hospitalised with minor injuries, confirmed that he was on his way to the village serial's Leeds set.

The 20-year-old tweeted: "En route to work now!!! Busy one this week!!! Morning peeps! X"

The incident occurred while on his way from Yorkshire to turn on the Christmas lights at Reading.

Addressing the town, he originally tweeted: "Reading! I am so so sorry for not being there today. Truly. From the bottom of my heart!

"I've had a check up after the bump and everything's fine..Bit of swelling on my knee but nothing to worry about. I'll make it up to you somehow. I am so so sorry!!"

Last Friday, Miller announced that he will bow out of Emmerdale in spring 2012.
    Last edited by Perdita; 21-11-2011 at 19:32.

Jeff Hordley, who plays Emmerdale bad-boy Cain Dingle, on his perfect weekend..

What does your typical Saturday involve?

Family time is really precious to me so I like spending the day with my wife Zoe (who plays Emmerdale vet Rhona Goskirk) and my children Violet, six, and Stan, three.

We usually do something related to the outdoors then eat a nice meal together.

We’ve got an allotment so we might spend some time down there or give our dog Rita – a five-month-old *spaniel-poodle mix – a good walk in the countryside, then all come home and watch a film together.

Are you an early bird or the king of *lie-ins? What are lie-ins?! I’ve got two children so lie-ins are out of the question. Remember the times when you used to stay in bed late and sleep off a hangover? Well, those are long gone for me.

To be honest, I’m not really one for sleeping late. I enjoy getting up and making the most of the day.

What’s been your best party weekend?

Graeme Hawley, who played Corrie murderer John Snape, had a great stag weekend. It was a brilliant laugh and one of those great times where everything comes together. A group of us went to the Green Man Festival, so we were in a great place with good company.

There were only 13,000 people there so it had a really nice feel and the music was really good.

There were loads of like-minded people there and lots of things to do. *Unlike a lot of festivals, there wasn’t loads of mess. I sound like a right old man by saying this, don’t I? But I am these days!

At my age, you want a festival with good food and where people clear up after themselves.

Saturday night – out on the tiles or cosy evening in? I don’t do many big nights out these days. I’ve done my share of partying and I’m more of a homebody now. I’m nothing like Cain, put it that way!

If I do go out, I like going to gigs to see live music. My favourite venues are smaller places, such as The Brudenell Social Club in Leeds or The Deaf Institute in Manchester.

Where’s your favourite place to nip for a pint? I don’t have a local as such but I do know some nice pubs near where we live in North Yorkshire. I’ve started to get into real ale as I’ve got older so I’m always searching for places where they serve good beer.

What would be your ideal weekend away?

If it was a weekend away without children, I’d love to take my wife back to Italy, where we’ve had a really special time in the past, on the Amalfi coast.

It’s extremely beautiful and the food is out of this world. There are places built into the hills and it’s very cool, it’s got a real 1950s/1960s feel.

Who does the cooking at the weekend? We tend to take it in turns at the weekend. We both love big roasts that everyone can share and cooking for the family is a real pleasure.

What’s your idea of weekend hell?

Shopping. I don’t hate it but let’s say I’d rather not spend my free time standing about in shops. Isn’t that what the internet was invented for?

● EMMERDALE IS ON ITV1 ON MONDAYS, TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS AND FRIDAYS AT 7PM AND ON THURSDAYS AT 7PM & 8PM.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/k...#ixzz1fS0bwm1d

Emmerdale star James Thornton is lucky to be alive after plunging into an icy river to save his actress wife Joanna Page’s beloved dog.

The actor, 36, was swept along in raging waters during his bid to rescue Jack Russell Daisy, who had jumped in.

He eventually crawled out with the animal safely in his arms but had to go to hospital after swallowing dirty water and suffering severe mouth ulcers.

James, who got married to Gavin & Stacey star Joanna in 2003, said: “Daisy loves water and suddenly she just jumped in without warning. Luckily I was in my running kit, not heavy clothes, so I took my trainers off and went in straight after her.

“She probably just remembers it as a fun day when she went swimming with me, but that’s not how I’ll remember it.”

The Yorkshire-born actor, who plays farmer John Barton in the soap, also suffered a damaged eye after being dragged against branches jutting from the bank of the River Aire in Leeds.

James went jogging with Daisy last month near the home he shares with Jo.

The dog jumped in unexpectedly but was unable to swim against the strong current.

So James leapt in after her but after grabbing her he found himself out of his depth and overpowered by the current.

The fast-flowing river carried them both downstream before he managed to make his way over to the bank and eventually scramble out with Daisy in his arms.

James explained: “I wasn’t scared when I jumped in, but once I hit the water and realised I couldn’t swim back against the current I was worried about what I’d done. There had been torrential rain and the river was moving fast.

“Once I caught up with Daisy I just had to let us be carried along and when we got to some banking I managed to get to the side and scramble out. My eye was quite sore and I was sick for a few weeks afterwards, I think as a result of swallowing so much of the water.

“At one point I had 20 mouth ulcers and could hardly speak.”

Daisy holds a special place in the couple’s affections and even helped James with his proposal to Joanna, 33, on the beach near her family home in Swansea, South Wales, on Christmas Day 2002.

He revealed: “I’d put the ring in a pouch around Daisy’s neck. I told Jo to call Daisy, she opened the pouch and found the ring – it was lovely. I’ve been known to be romantic sometimes.”

In another interview he said: “It’s odd playing a dad. In real life, I don’t even have kids – just a Jack Russell called Daisy. When I have to think about how much I love my on-screen kids, I just think about how much I love Daisy.”

James announced recently that he will quit the ITV1 soap next year. The soap launches a dramatic mystery storyline later this week as one of Cain Dingle’s enemies brutally attacks him before leaving him for dead – and James’s character John becomes a suspect.

James, who was injured when he was hit by a car in London last year, can count himself fortunate that he came through the incident alive.

At least nine people have died after falling into the River Aire in the last three years. Leeds Council is considering safety measures to cut the number of fatalities.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...#ixzz1fpfqWxaq

EMMERDALE vet Paddy Kirk has become an unlikely heart-throb – as actor Dominic Brunt reveals he is inundated with "filthy" letters from female viewers. Dominic says: "It's stuff that would spin your head. They introduce themselves very politely, then say what they'd like to do to me.

"They are women of a certain age who clearly have experience and are maybe not having experiences any more. So they are thinking back, then embellishing what they've done and saying what they want to do to me. I think it's because Paddy looks after animals and he's not sleazy or a baddie. But he's still a completely unlikely sex symbol."

Dominic's army of admirers are in for a treat with the release of a feature-length Emmerdale DVD — Paddy And Marlon's Big Night In. Co-starring Mark Charnock as Marlon Dingle and Zoe Henry as Paddy's girlfriend Rhona, the film features hilarious scenes showing Paddy and Marlon getting to grips with a male stripper and a snake.

It also shows Paddy on the dancefloor, including an impressive break-dancing routine. When he was younger, the 6ft 1in actor was part of break-dance troupe Funk Junction Crew, who performed in matching hoodies and baseball caps.

Dominic, 41, jokes: "It was 30 years and four stone ago. I was a teenager and quite athletic at the time. I'd told Mark in confidence and when we had to dance for the DVD he let it slip, so they wrote a sequence.

"I haven't done it for 12 years and even then it was when I was drunk at a party, so I was a bit nervous, but it went OK.

"Some people have assumed I used a stunt double but it really is me break-dancing."

The Sun

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn has promised that "big" plans are being made for the soap's 40th anniversary.

Emmerdale reaches its milestone late next year and show bosses are apparently hoping to create an event which is as successful as Coronation Street's 2010 tram crash disaster.

Coronation Street came up with the tram stunt last December to mark the Weatherfield soap's 50th birthday.

Blackburn told the Daily Star: "What Corrie did with the tram crash was amazing - but we want to do something as big but very different."

Refusing to rule out a live episode for the occasion, he added: "That would be amazing."

Meanwhile, the newspaper has speculated that Emmerdale chiefs are likely to create a "hellraising" stunt involving all of the show's characters for the anniversary episodes.

Emmerdale celebrates its 40th birthday on October 16, 2012.

Ex-EastEnder Todd Carty has joked he'd love to appear in Emmerdale or Coronation Street.
    The soap star - who played Mark Fowler in EastEnders for 13 years until 2003 - is enjoying starring in musical Spamalot at the moment, but said he'd be happy to do more soap in the future.
    Todd told Inside Soap: "I'm happy where I am just now. But if Emmerdale or Corrie ever need a cockney geezer, they've got my number!"
    The 48-year-old father of two revealed his EastEnders role still gets him noticed by mums at his sons' football club.
    He said: "I find it funny when kids on my sons' football teams ask me if I was in EastEnders.
    "It's been 10 years since I played Mark, and most of them weren't born then, so they couldn't know"
    "Then I'll spot a mum in the background watching me, looking a bit red-faced because I've managed to find her out!"

PA

Emmerdale's Nicola Wheeler has confessed she nicks clothes from her character's wardrobe.
    The soap star plays glamorous businesswoman Nicola King and revealed to Inside Soap magazine she likes to take some of her outfits home.
    Nicola confessed: "I steal quite a lot of her things! There's a hair grip I wore for Laurel and Ashley's wedding vow renewal recently which I liked, so I took that. It's really nice.
    "I have wardrobe envy over Laurel's clothes as well."
    The 37-year-old actress also revealed working with two-year-old Rebecca, who plays her daughter Angelica, can be challenging.
    She said: "Little Rebecca keeps me on my toes as she doesn't always do what's in the script!
    "I was with Charlotte Bellamy [Laurel] in the cafe, and in the middle of a scene Rebecca asked for cake - so we had to ad-lib and continue the scene.
    "Rebecca is two-and-a-half now so she's very chatty indeed."

PA

Former Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett was allegedly set upon by a vicious dog in a gang attack.

The 29-year-old, who played Jo Sudgen in the ITV soap between 2005 and 2008, had the Staffordshire bull terrier thrust in her face by three people on a train journey to Manchester, with one commanding the animal to "get her", according to The Sun.

Guards came to Pallett's defence after she pulled the empty carriage's communication cord, but the gang fled at a train station.

"They started out by calling her by her Emmerdale name and their abuse got nastier and nastier," a friend said. "They started saying how she must think she's better than everyone else because she chose to ignore them. She was petrified and thought the dog was going to rip her to pieces."

Pallett gave a statement to British Transport Police at the end of her journey.

A spokesman confirmed that they are investigating "abusive behaviour".
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

TELLY'S Roxanne Pallett told last night how she feared she would be savaged as train thugs terrorised her with a dog.

The ex-Emmerdale star, 29, escaped the fierce bull terrier, but said after a gang pinned her in a carriage: "I've never been so frightened."

The trembling star said as she relived having to pull the emergency cord to escape: "I thought I was going to get bitten, beaten up or stabbed.

"They went mental. One picked up the dog and gestured that he was going to throw it at me.

"The others were just laughing and saying, 'Go on, get her... throw the dog at her'.

"He was thrusting it at me — using it like a weapon.

"I'm a tough person but I was shaking for an hour afterwards. They could have given someone a heart attack."

Her horrifying Broken Britain ordeal was exclusively revealed in The Sun yesterday.

Roxanne was on a train home from filming an episode of BBC1's Casualty.

She said: "I just thought, 'This is going to end bad'.

"They could have had knives — and they were off their heads on drugs and alcohol."

Her hell on the 15:05 Carmarthen to Manchester Piccadilly service came after she boarded the train in Cardiff, where Monday's TV shoot was held.

The pint-size brunette, who is just 5ft 1in, found herself a cosy corner seat in one of the carriages.

She was so busy reading scripts during the journey she never noticed that by the time the three thugs got on she was the only other person in the carriage.

The trio — all in their 20s and one of them a girl — boarded the Arriva Trains Wales service at Craven Arms, Shropshire.

That was around midway through what for Roxanne had been a pleasant and uneventful trip home to Manchester.

The newcomers initially sat where the actress was unable to see them. But they had clearly clocked her.

Roxanne, who played Jo Sugden in ITV's Emmerdale until 2008, could hear their raucous reaction to having a "celebrity" in the carriage. She said:

The group sounded like they'd had some drinks. They were very rowdy.

Then they started shouting out my name.

I heard a discussion about 'that Roxy from Emmerdale'.

Everyone who is an actor is used to getting recognised. But this went on for half an hour.

They were saying how they hated Emmerdale, celebrities and actors. It was really derogatory stuff.

Then the ticket conductor came over and started chatting about Emmerdale.

I was worried this would draw more attention.

Suddenly a girl in her early 20s abruptly planted herself in front of me.

She demanded to know if I was Roxy from Emmerdale.

I thought that if I confirmed it that would make things worse — so just smiled and put my head down.

Then the others started calling me 'little slag', 'bitch', 'ugly'. They were talking about my character, saying: "If I was Andy Sugden I would have ********* her up even more.

"Andy Sugden should have finished you off."

At that point they all got up and walked over.

That's when I realised it was two massive men with dogs.

They had two and both looked like the ferocious ones you'd see guarding something in a film.

Roxanne told how by this time her "heart was racing" and she felt powerless — with a growing sense of panic.

She found herself "praying" that the two hulking shaven-headed louts — whose dogs she believes were Staffordshire bull terriers — would simply walk past her. But her hopes were in vain.

Roxanne shuddered as she recalled:

They sat down with their female friend. The guys started ripping into me for denying I was Roxy.

The dogs were snarling at me. I was trapped in my seat.

I just couldn't get out as they'd blocked me off. I was on my own and so scared. Then one of them picked up one of the dogs and started laughing.

Roxanne realised she had to get away. She jumped from her seat and managed to push past the gang and their dogs.

The frantic actress realised her only hope was the next carriage — where others were sitting.

But as she headed towards the connecting door one of the tracksuited thugs began screaming: "You don't know what we're like, we're crazy!"

She said it was at this point that they "went mental".

One of the snarling dogs was again picked up by a lout — who chillingly began to menace her with it. His chums were urging him to hurl the animal at the actress.

Roxanne said: "Two seconds later he would have done."

She was only saved because she had the presence of mind to hold up her mobile phone to take the gang's picture.

As the thugs hesitated it bought her precious seconds.

She made it into the next carriage — and desperately pulled the emergency communication cord to summon help.

By chance the train at that moment was pulling into Shrewsbury station in Shropshire. What happened next left the actress even more stunned.

Struggling to contain her rage, Roxanne said: "Everybody looked at me as if I'd inconvenienced THEM."

Worse still, she claims she also received no sympathy from the train's staff. Roxanne said:

The driver came out and said: "What the hell are you doing?" He didn't even ask me what was wrong.

I said: "Don't open the doors we need to get someone." But he did nothing. All I wanted to do was get a member of staff to assist me. But as we were in a station, the gang just ran off laughing.

I wanted them sorted out because an hour later they could have been mugging an old lady.

I didn't want to open the newspaper in a month and see that they've knifed an old lady. We should all report things like this. They were out for trouble.

Roxanne — speaking at her home in Manchester — said that when the conductor arrived in the carriage he told her the assailants were KNOWN "troublemakers and fare dodgers".

The actress last night demanded: "Why are staff allowing them on the train? If you brawled in a pub or club you'd be barred. There needs to be a massive improvement with security."

Roxanne, who escaped injury, continued on the train to Manchester where British Transport Police had been alerted.

Waiting officers took a statement from her.

Last night they were hunting the gang — and Arriva chiefs vowed to do all they could to help.

Roxanne said: "It's come to something in society when you're scared to travel on the train."

The Sun

A Dog for the Dales

If you think your pooch has got what it takes to play a part in one of the nation's favourite soaps, read on!

This Morning has joined forces with Emmerdale to offer one lucky winner's dog the chance to appear on screen in the Dales.

It's your pet's time to shine! Enter your pup into our A Dog for the Dales competition with the below form

The closing date is 12:00pm January 18th 2012.

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/dog-f...nter-your-dog/

Thread Information