Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

Joanna Page has revealed that she couldn't join her husband James Thornton on Emmerdale, as they would laugh too much.

The Gavin and Stacey star's husband plays John Barton in the soap, and she explained that she couldn't "take it seriously" if they appeared on screen together.

"I don't think we'd be able to film together because we'd probably start laughing," she told What's On TV.

"We've done panto together and we couldn't get through that without giggling. I know him so well, so looking at him and pretending that he was someone else would just make me giggle.

"I'd think, 'I know you're not John Barton the farmer from Emmerdale because I was washing your pants this morning in our washing machine in Dulwich', so I wouldn't be able to take it seriously. But I would quite like filming in the countryside."

Page added that she doesn't get jealous while watching Thornton's romantic scenes on the soap.

"They can't really do very much on Emmerdale, it doesn't really get that saucy so I'm not really that bothered about it!

"Also, we've been together now for so long. And it's part of the business. I'm more worried about him having his hand up a cow's bum."

Page recently said that it is unlikely that a Gavin and Stacey film will be made in the future.

© ITV
    Emmerdale bosses have announced plans for a new spinoff DVD centring around the characters of Paddy Kirk and Marlon Dingle.

The popular double act, played by Dominic Brunt and Mark Charnock, will take centre stage in Paddy and Marlon's Big Night In, which is due for release in November.

Penned by Emmerdale scriptwriter Paul Roundell and directed by the soap's assistant producer Tony Hammond, the feature-length episode has been tipped to follow "the events of a not-so-quiet night in the country, and a morning after anybody would want to forget".

The story begins when Paddy and his girlfriend Rhona (Zoe Henry) are both desperate for a night out with their respective friends, leading to a debate over who should give up their plans and stay in with baby Leo.

Hinting at what happens next, an Emmerdale statement teased: "A fed-up Paddy and Marlon eventually lose out and the babysitting begins. Only this is 2011, and children are welcome in pubs nowadays, so one quick beer at The Woolpack won't matter - or will it?"

Hammond commented: "Dominic and Mark are exceptional actors with genius comedy timing. The Big Night In project is a brilliantly-written spinoff giving them even more scope to show their true comedic skills.

"Paul's script is laugh-out-loud funny and I know the audience will be crying, albeit with tears of laughter, as Paddy and Marlon get to grips with the morning after the night before!"

Along with Brunt, Charnock and Henry, Paddy and Marlon's Big Night In stars Sammy Winward (Katie Sugden), Natalie Anderson (Alicia Gallagher), Natalie J Robb (Moira Barton), Tony Audenshaw (Bob Hope) and Eden Taylor-Draper (Belle Dingle).

Filming for the spinoff will take place over the next two months, ahead of its release on November 14.

Emmerdale has been named as the soap with the lowest class of UK viewers.

Audience data collected between May 2010 and May 2011 shows that 44% of the Yorkshire-based programme's viewers can be deemed as lower-middle class or working class according to the NRS social grading system.

By comparison, just 9.5% of Emmerdale fans were categorised as being upper class or upper-middle class, the Radio Times reports.

Hollyoaks was found to be next favourite soap of the lower classes, with Channel 4's Chester-based melodrama attracting 39% of viewers from the lowest income bracket compared to 9.6% from the highest.

The survey found Channel 5's Australian import Neighbours to have the most privileged viewers, with 21% hailing from the upper-classes and just 33% from the lower-classes.

The findings come from analysis of consolidated viewing data between May 2010 and May 2011.

Last edited by alan45; 19-08-2011 at 17:12.

Emmerdale stars Tom Lister, Rik Makarem, James Thornton and Kelvin Fletcher will tomorrow begin a gruelling endurance bike ride, aiming to cycle from the show's village set to EastEnders in under 24 hours.

The actors - better known as Carl King, Nikhil Sharma, John Barton and Andy Sugden on the ITV1 soap - are undertaking the 224-mile challenge in a bid to raise £100,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Joined by the show's executive producer Steve November and professional cyclists, the cast members will set off from The Woolpack in Emmerdale Village tomorrow evening at 6pm, before cycling continuously throughout the night. They are aiming to arrive at EastEnders' iconic Queen Vic pub on Saturday evening.

Upon arrival, the participants will be greeted by members of the EastEnders cast who will congratulate them on their achievement.

The Emmerdale team are carrying out the feat in memory of the soap's late series producer Gavin Blyth, who passed away last year after losing a battle with cancer.

Sophie Gill, Macmillan's Community Corporate Manager, said: "The Macmillan Emmerdale to EastEnders cycle challenge is a fantastic tribute to Gavin, and another amazing example of how far the fab Emmerdale guys will go to help Macmillan Cancer Support and people affected by cancer. We hope Emmerdale fans and Macmillan supporters along the route will dig deep and help the team towards their £100,000 target."

Donations for the Emmerdale to EastEnders challenge can be made via a dedicated JustGiving page. Alternatively, a £5 donation can be made by texting 'RIDE66 £5' to 70070.

Emmerdale actors James Thornton, Kelvin Fletcher, Tom Lister and Rik Makarem have completed a 224-mile bike race in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.

The soap foursome - better known as Carl King, John Barton, Andy Sugden and Nikhil Sharma - celebrated on Twitter after successfully riding from the ITV show's set to EastEnders' iconic Queen Vic pub in little over 20 hours.

The group, who were joined by executive producer Steve November and a gang of professional cyclists, have so far raised for Macmillan almost £43,000 of their £100,000 target.

"We have only gone and bloody DONE IT," Thornton wrote. "224 miles in under 20.5 hours!!!! Get in! that was EPIC! #teamemmerdale."

Fletcher also exclaimed on the social networking site: "Finished it!!!!!!!! Get in! Amazing! What a journey. Some grim times and some great laughs. Very proud! We smashed it!"

The mammoth challenge was set up in memory of late Emmerdale producer Gavin Blyth, who passed away after a short battle with cancer last November.

Donations for the Emmerdale to EastEnders challenge can be made via a dedicated JustGiving page. Alternatively, a £5 donation can be made by texting 'RIDE66 £5' to 70070.

Well done to the lads.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

James Golding, “Britain’s answer to Lance Armstrong” is a man with more lives than a cat. He’s survived cancer, taught himself to walk again, cycle again and then set himself the challenge to cycle across America. Having set off from Los Angeles heading for Miami, he was flattened by a truck in New Orleans and then after recovering, decided to start again – from the beginning!

James Golding joined TEAM EMMERDALE for the 224 miles in 24 hours ride, from The Woolpack in Emmerdale village to the Queen Vic’ in Albert Square. He was be able to give the team support and encouragement along the journey and James’ presence along the journey heightened the awareness of Macmillan and theessential work they are doing for Cancer sufferers

Last edited by alan45; 21-08-2011 at 07:30.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Emmerdale actors James Thornton, Kelvin Fletcher, Tom Lister and Rik Makarem have completed a 224-mile bike race in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.

The soap foursome - better known as Carl King, John Barton, Andy Sugden and Nikhil Sharma - celebrated on Twitter after successfully riding from the ITV show's set to EastEnders' iconic Queen Vic pub in little over 20 hours.

The group, who were joined by executive producer Steve November and a gang of professional cyclists, have so far raised for Macmillan almost £43,000 of their £100,000 target.

\"We have only gone and bloody DONE IT,\" Thornton wrote. \"224 miles in under 20.5 hours!!!! Get in! that was EPIC! #teamemmerdale.\"

Fletcher also exclaimed on the social networking site: \"Finished it!!!!!!!! Get in! Amazing! What a journey. Some grim times and some great laughs. Very proud! We smashed it!\"

The mammoth challenge was set up in memory of late Emmerdale producer Gavin Blyth, who passed away after a short battle with cancer last November.

already posted 2 posts higher http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...653#post754653

Emmerdale star Natalie Anderson has revealed that she worked as a mascot for the Bradford Bulls rugby team before landing a role on the show.

The actress, who plays Alicia Gallagher in the ITV1 soap, confessed that it was one of a series of jobs she didn't enjoy prior to becoming an actress.

"I've had loads of rubbish jobs, but the worst was being a mascot for a rugby team," Anderson told Inside Soap magazine. "I dressed as a bull, and having to wear that big costume for two-and-a-half hours on a hot day was pretty horrid.

"The head was really stinky inside - you felt like you wanted to throw up the whole time!"

Emmerdale co-star Lucy Pargeter, who plays Chas Dingle, also revealed that she too hated the job she had before becoming an actress,

She revealed: "I worked in a shoe shop which was awful in summer because of all the sweaty feet!

"But on the other hand, it was the most amazing job in the world, because every single pair of shoes was just beautiful, and we had the chance to buy them at cost price. I'm not sure that was so good for my bank balance though."

Thread Information