Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

YES!!!!!! Loved Mandy, if Jimmy can be chased by Kelly, let Paddy have some fun too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    YES!!!!!! Loved Mandy, if Jimmy can be chased by Kelly, let Paddy have some fun too!!!
    Please say you are joking. We dont need Mandy Dingle back. Let Paddy be happy with Rhona.. We could do with a happy soap marriage

It would be great to see Mandy again she was full of fun. This would really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler has claimed that there is no guarantee her character Nicola King will want husband Jimmy back as the soap's current amnesia storyline continues.

The Kings are currently at the centre of a love triangle with a difference on screen as Jimmy (Nick Miles) has found himself increasingly drawn to his manipulative ex-fiancée Kelly Windsor (Adele Silva) after losing his memory.

Nicola is currently embroiled in a fight for Jimmy's affections, determined to make sure that Kelly does not succeed in stealing her confused husband.

However, speaking to Inside Soap about the plot's future, Wheeler revealed: "It's going to become less about defeating Kelly, and more about whether Nicola actually wants Jimmy back after everything that happens.

"His friends and family are telling him one thing, yet Jimmy is choosing to do the opposite. And there'll come a point where he has to take responsibility for all of the decisions that he's making."

She added: "Jimmy has made his bed and he'll have to lie in it."

Wheeler recently admitted that she is glad Nicola is being portrayed as the "good guy" on screen for once.

James Sutton has announced he is on the hunt for a wife.

The Emmerdale star - whose character Ryan Lamb left the soap this week - has in the past dated co-stars Catherine Tyldesley and Sammy Winward - but revealed he is keen to settle down and is on the lookout for a prospective wife.

James said: "I really do want to settle down. I'm quite looking forward to the prospect - I just need to find a girlfriend - that would be awesome.

"I definitely want a family and a wife. I'm 28 so I'm getting on - but I know that's not old really, is it?"

The soap star also revealed now he has left Emmerdale he is looking forward to having some free time to do some DIY at home.

He said: "I'm looking forward to getting some time back just for me. I need to decorate my kitchen and I've been putting it off for ages - it's a state.

"I spent five or six days a week filming but it's was the hours as well. It's the nature of a soap - we have to transmit over two-and-a-half hours a week, which is more than a film. That puts it into perspective how much we have to shoot."

PA

Adam Thomas' hero is his brother.

The 'Emmerdale' actor - who plays Adam Barton in the ITV1 soap - admitted he looks up to his brother Ryan, who shot to fame in his role as hunky builder Jason Grimshaw in rival show 'Coronation Street'.

He explained: "My hero is probably my bother Ryan. And my twin brother Scott. I look up to them."

However, if Adam wasn't a soap star it is unlikely he would be found behind a desk, as his dream is to "travel the world".

Speaking to Reveal magazine, he added: "If I wasn't on TV I'd like to be travelling the world. My dream is to get out there and live life.

"I've never been one of those to sit behind a desk in an office."

Despite being happy with his acting career, the 23-year-old star admitted he wishes he had gone to university so he had something to "fall back on".

Adam explained: "My biggest regret is not going to university. I wish I was clever and had something to fall back on."

(C) BANG Media International

Jill Halfpenny has revealed that she is "glued" to Emmerdale now that her niece Chelsea is starring in the soap.

Chelsea has taken on the role of troubled Amy Wyatt on the ITV1 show and has been appearing on screen since October last year.

Speaking to Take 5 about her soap star relative, Jill admitted: "I've been glued to watching her. I think she's great. My only advice to her was to soak everything up and be nice to the cast and crew.

"It's a whirlwind being in a soap. You get so much attention and so many opportunities. Once you leave, you'll never have a job like that again."

Jill, who is mum to 3-year-old son Harvey, also refused to rule out returning to soap herself following her stints as Rebecca Hopkins on Coronation Street and Kate Mitchell in EastEnders.

She said: "People always ask if I'd ever go back to a soap like EastEnders or Corrie. Never say never! I try not to rule things out in my career. It depends where I'm at in my head.

"As soon as you have a child, it has a massive impact on what jobs you take. How long you're going to be away becomes the most important thing and how it will work with childcare."

Chelsea recently suggested that Jill would be an ideal choice to play Amy's mother in Emmerdale.

DS

EMMERDALE will toast its 40th birthday in a spectacular live show.
    TV chiefs want to match the success of live episodes by Coronation Street and EastEnders.
    The ITV1 soap - whose newest arrival is former Hollyoaks hunk Matt Milburn - began as Emmerdale Farm in 1972.
    It will be 40 next year, and bosses are planning dramatic plots that will reach a climax in the live show.
    Corrie director Tony Prescott - who masterminded last year's live 50th anniversary when the Street was hit by a tram crash - has been recruited for the show.
    Tony said: "I would love to do more live drama on TV.
    "Television as an event is the future. Look at shows like The X Factor - all the biggest grossing shows now are live."
    Corrie's 50th anniversary drew 15 million viewers, while 20 million tuned in for EastEnders' live 25th birthday show.
    An Emmerdale source told TV Biz: "No storylines have been decided yet.
    "Bosses want a big surprise and a big disaster. Corrie pushed the limits with their live stunts last year."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1Msg2pgGT

Emmerdale newcomer Kurtis Stacey has predicted that fans could see a different side to his character Alex Moss if he ever embarks on a serious relationship.

Since arriving in the village earlier this year as the new farmhand at Butlers, Alex has developed a reputation as a womaniser by seducing Hannah Barton and Victoria Sugden.

Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards earlier this month, Stacey offered teasers on who could be the next lady to catch Alex's eye.

He commented: "I'm not sure if I can tell you who's next, but she's a bit of a naughty girl, I'll let you know that - she's a bit of a naughty one! And I'm not too sure, it could be anyone with Alex. Alex is just waiting for the next woman or girl, whoever turns up, he's after them."

Asked whether Alex could ever become a one-woman man, the actor replied: "I hope so, I hope he does. I think Alex has got it in him but he's got to meet the right woman. He's got to meet a woman that's got a backbone, a woman that can sort him out."

"If he's in a relationship, maybe he'll be different," he continued. "You'll have to see him in a relationship and then you'll know he's not a bad guy, he's a good guy."

It's got to be Amy. He's going for the hat-trick.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information