Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

EY oop! Emmerdale's Dingle clan swap their Yorkshire pig sty for swish Downton Abbey.
    Sian Reese-Williams (Gennie) dressed up as Cora, Countess of Grantham, Steve Halliwell (Zak) posed as Robert Crawley, Jane Cox (Lisa) became Dowager Countess Violet, and Lucy Pargeter (Chas) Lady Mary. The picture is among a series of celebrity dress-ups in The Sun's Christmas special Buzz magazine this Saturday.

Former Emmerdale star Hayley Tamaddon has revealed that she wants her character to return to the soap one day.

The Dancing On Ice champion played Delilah Dingle, who fled the village in 2007 with £20,000 of Eric Pollard's money after discovering David Pollard's affair with Katie Sugden.

Speaking of a potential comeback, she told Holy Soap: "I think Delilah should make an appearance one day. Who knows? She might turn up with David Pollard's baby and demand a few more thousand.

"I love my soaps and I miss my friends and family at Emmerdale but they keep me in touch with everything that's going on and it all sounds like it's really good stuff there.

"The storylines are really good, so hopefully they'll win some awards this year."

Tamaddon is currently preparing for the Dancing On Ice tour, which starts on April 9 in Sheffield.

DS

I liked her character, would love to see her back

Hayley must be needing the money as she hasn't had any work apart from DOI since leaving Emmerdale. They could only bring her back if they wanted to split up David and Layla.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Sadly, that is the only storyline scriptwriters can think of when a character is to return......

Emmerdale newcomer Chelsea Halfpenny has revealed that she would like her aunt Jill Halfpenny to land a role on the show.

The actress told Inside Soap that Jill would be an ideal choice to play the mother of her troublesome character Amy Wyatt.

Jill is already well-known to soap fans after playing Rebecca Hopkins in Coronation Street, Kate Mitchell in EastEnders and Izzie Redpath in Waterloo Road.

Chelsea explained: "It would be good if Jill played my mum. I'll have to put a word in. We used to live together and have a lot of the same mannerisms, so it would work really well.

"Apparently Amy is still in touch with her mum. So you never know - it could happen!"

Amy is currently at the centre of a fostering storyline involving established characters Eric and Val Pollard, played by Chris Chittell and Charlie Hardwick.

"I couldn't be more lucky," Chelsea commented. "They both play funny, well-loved characters and they've made me feel very welcome. We're a proper little family unit - Charlie and Chris are like my mum and dad and really look after me.

"They absolutely love their jobs too, and it's nice to be around people who are so happy and relaxed."

DS

Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher has revealed that he is flattered by attention from male fans.

The actor - Andy Sugden in the ITV soap - recently completed a shoot for gay magazine Attitude. Speaking to The Mirror, Fletcher admitted that he sometimes flirts back with his fans.

"It's dead flattering, isn’t it?" he said. "I have got a big gay following. I actually find it more flattering when a bloke comes on to you than a woman. I've even found myself flirting back sometimes!”

He continued: "I find it funny that I’m a pin-up. People seem to always mention my body these days and I suppose I have changed but I look just like all my mates - the only difference is, I'm on TV.

"I'm like most people. I keep fit for myself. I'm not religious about it but I like to get to the gym whenever I can.

"When I'm out and about, I never get chatted up by women in an obvious way," he added. "Saying that, I do seem to get these groups of girls coming up to me when I'm out and then suddenly you're getting your bum pinched!"

Fletcher is reportedly single after splitting from long-term girlfriend Liz Marsland.

Kelvin Fletcher has admitted that he feels protective of his Emmerdale character Andy Sugden.

Speaking to The Mirror, the actor insisted that he believes Andy is "misunderstood" by other characters in the ITV soap.

"I've grown up with Andy so I understand him," he told the paper. "I don't condone the bad things he's done but he's not evil. He's just a stupid, angry lad.

"I feel very protective of him. When you look at everything he's been through along the way, who wouldn't have a few problems? That's why his storylines with Katie have been so great. She's the only person left now who has known him since he was young."

The 27-year-old continued: "Andy's a real hot-head and the complete opposite to me. I just haven't got a temper at all. It's quite good fun being him - I get to let off some steam and act out all these angry scenes.

"In real life people assume I'm like Andy. If I'm out they'll be looking at me thinking I'm the one who'll kick off - but I'm always the peaceful one."

However, Fletcher confessed that he does expect there will come a time when he is ready to move on from the Yorkshire drama.

"Don't get me wrong, I would never think I was too good for the show but there are other things I would like to try in the future," he said. "I'll always be indebted to Emmerdale and I hope at some point it will lead me to try something else."

DS

Mark Charnock, who plays chef Marlon Dingle in Emmerdale, has admitted that his cooking doesn't always go as naturally as it appears on the show.

The actor explained that during one episode, he had to keep repeating a scene where he cracked an egg with one hand because he was struggling to do it.

He told the PA: "I've had several [kitchen nightmares] on set as Marlon - once I had to crack an egg with one hand and it took at least 15 takes; it was ridiculous."

However, Charnock insisted that he can cook food to a high standard when he follows a recipe.

He revealed: "I'm good at following recipes - one of my signature dishes is Delia Smith's garlicky fish soup, which is just fantastic.

"I made it for Zoe Henry and Jeff Hordley, who play Rhona and Cain, and it seemed to go down well."

DS

Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher has claimed that prisoners can relate to his character.

The actor, who plays Andy Sugden in the ITV1 soap, revealed that he has received letters from criminals saying that they can identify with Andy's tough background.

He told the News of the World: "I get lots of letters from people in prison. Andy was in jail and he's a troubled character from a tough background.

"Guys in prison who've had that can relate to him. But it's hard to imagine the hard nuts behind bars watching Emmerdale. I didn't even know they were allowed televisions."

Fletcher recently admitted that he is flattered by attention from male fans.

DS

Lisa Riley played the outrageous Mandy Dingle in Emmerdale for five years, after Zak's leopard-print loving niece turned up for a flying visit and didn't leave.

But the actress insists she didn't think she'd last a week, as Mandy was meant to be on a short visit.

She told Inside Soap magazine: "Hand on heart, I genuinely thought it was going to be juts one episode.

"Everyone liked Mandy, though. She was the sort of girl who could live on your street - everyone's friend.

"I loved playing her and I'll be grateful for that part until the day I die."

Lisa left the Dales in 2001 but the 34-year-old actress is now plotting her comeback.

She said: "It's lovely because people beg me to bring Mandy back all the time, even now.

"Paddy and Mandy did spend one last night together before she left, so I like to think that she might have fallen pregnant as a result. I'd love to walk right through that village with a mini-Mandy in tow dressed head to toe in leopard print, looking for Paddy!"

What will Rhona think about that?

I dont know what Rhona would think but I know what I think. DEAR GOD PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information