Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

With Rhona's friend being called to the prosecution, I really wish that the Rhona would take a different tactic in court.

Gus demonstrated a depraved indifference to life in the way he stole the passport from an unconscious Mary and exploited her situation to benefit himself.

While the law says that Rhona is not the legal mother, I wish she would argue that Ivy is stolen property and someone with such disrespect for life would be a danger to Ivy.

I see Rhona defending her decision to run vs stating that the argument is wrong because she was reclaiming what was stolen from her and that is not theft or kidnapping.

I'm not a lawyer, and have a hard time grasping a law that would say that the mother is not the legal parent, but I know that even in the US, some States have similar stances.

Gus, to me, is a monster, and should go down.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ccahill2 For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (05-04-2024)

I don't see Gus as a monster. I see him as the widower of a woman who was desperate to have a child. A woman who possibly died due to Rhona's actions.

Both Gus and Rhona are guilty of offences
    Last edited by Dennis tanner; 04-04-2024 at 15:56.

I don't have the long term knowledge of either character. I just cannot imagine stealing a passport from an unconscious woman to illegally fake consent from the mother of the embryos. If not for his actions, the embryo would not have been put into his late wife. There is no reason to destroy Rhona's character. Just admit what he did was unconscionable and give shared custody. He comes across to me as an abusive man who wants control.

But I yield to you for knowing the characters and their histories way longer than me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ccahill2 For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (05-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by ccahill2 View Post
    I don't have the long term knowledge of either character. I just cannot imagine stealing a passport from an unconscious woman to illegally fake consent from the mother of the embryos. If not for his actions, the embryo would not have been put into his late wife. There is no reason to destroy Rhona's character. Just admit what he did was unconscionable and give shared custody. He comes across to me as an abusive man who wants control.

But I yield to you for knowing the characters and their histories way longer than me.
    You have most certainly hit the nail on the head, people seem to be forgetting that the embryo's were STOLEN. A difficult birth may have contributed to the wife's death. most certainly NOT Rhona.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

ccahill2 (05-04-2024), Perdita (05-04-2024)

Thread Information