Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

Former Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett has revealed that she is to star alongside Danny Dyer in a forthcoming movie.

The 27-year-old, who is also due to make a one-off appearance in Casualty later this year, confirmed that she will start work on the film project in the autumn.

Bang Showbiz quotes Pallett as saying: "In this business it really is either feast or famine. Since landing the guest spot in Casualty I've signed up for a part in a Brit-flick with Danny Dyer. The film's called Billy and it starts filming in September."

Pallett, best known for her soap role as Jo Sugden, is currently taking part in a touring production of the musical Rock Around The Clock.

She said: "I'm dancing, singing and acting and it's great. Tiring but great. The music is just fab - '50s stuff like Buddy Holly and The Drifters. It's a really uplifting show."

The star recently admitted that she would not rule out a return to soap in the future.

Good on her!!

Shane Richie and Coleen Nolan's son Jake Roche has joined the cast of Emmerdale as a new love interest for teenager Hannah Barton.

The 17-year-old has taken on the role of college student Isaac, who is to become Hannah's (Grace Cassidy) first proper boyfriend when they start dating later this year.

Hannah's new relationship will be a welcome distraction as her sister Holly's (Sophie Powles) ongoing drug problem continues to cause a crisis in the Barton household. With parents John and Moira firmly distracted by Holly's issues, it remains to be seen whether they will be there for Hannah as the romance gets more serious.

Speaking of his casting, Roche commented: "I am thrilled to be part of such a great team. Everyone has made me feel so welcome. After watching Emmerdale for years on TV, I still have to pinch myself on set as it's all very surreal. My family have been very supportive as always and we all can't wait to see my first episode."

Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "Jake is a great addition to the cast. Isaac will be a fun character who will offer some light relief for Hannah as her family face their darkest hour."

Roche is the youngest of two sons who were welcomed by Richie and Nolan during their nine-year marriage. The couple divorced in 1999 and have both since settled down with new partners.

Emmerdale bosses have confirmed that Roche's first scenes will air in August. He will be filming with the soap for the next few months.

Former Emmerdale star Roxanne Pallett has revealed that she still tunes into the soap to see her friends Suzanne Shaw and Charlotte Bellamy.

The actress, who played Jo Sugden on the Yorkshire-based drama, confirmed that she makes sure to watch the programme when she knows that the pair's characters Eve Jenson and Laurel Thomas will feature prominently.

Speaking to Bang Showbiz about keeping up with the show, Pallett confirmed: "When a mate is involved in a gripping storyline, I do. I watched when Suzanne Shaw arrived in the village. Suzanne and I worked together on Dancing On Ice and became good friends.

"I also try to tune in when I know Charlotte Bellamy is involved in something big. She's such a brilliant actress."

Pallett also confirmed that a return to Emmerdale is not currently on the cards because she wants to continue trying new things.

She said: "Oh, you know, I said when I left that I wouldn't go back until I'd earned my acting stripes. I don't feel I have yet."

Coleen Nolan has revealed that she is thrilled by the news that her son Jake Roche has been cast in Emmerdale.

Show bosses announced yesterday that Roche has taken on the role of college student Isaac, who is to be a new love interest for teenager Hannah Barton (Grace Cassidy).

Speaking to The Mirror about her son's new job, Nolan admitted: "I can't sleep because I'm so excited for Jake. We are all dead proud of him."

Roche's father is EastEnders star Shane Richie, who was married to Nolan for nine years until 1999. The pair also have another child together, named Shane Jr.

The 17-year-old's first Emmerdale scenes will air in August.

Amanda Donohoe has revealed that she would be prepared to strip off for a role.

The Emmerdale star admitted to Woman's Own that she would like to do it before she is told.

"Definitely - I was thinking of doing the Calendar Girls play," she said.

"I thought, I'm in pretty good nick. Let's get them out before I can't any more!"

The Natasha Wylde actress, who admitted to once having Botox, also blasted the pressure put on women to look good.

"So many women actors of my age have had work done. I hated the sensation of not having control over my facial muscles," she added.

"It's all part of the pressure put on women to look eternally youthful. And I'm not interested in going down that road."

Earlier this year the 47-year-old claimed that she enjoys having a younger boyfriend.

EXY Lucy Pargeter has sent out a warning to blonde bombshell Suzanne Shaw – “Stay away from my man”.

The Emmerdale actress, who plays feisty Chas Dingle, is worried her on-screen lover Carl King will be tempted to stray.

And with Suzanne’s character Eve Jenson working with Carl, a real chemistry has developed between the two in the soap.

Lucy, 32, said: “We wanted Carl and Chas to get back together as we didn’t think their relationship had run its course.

“I think Chas has lost a bit of her spark, which I want her to get back. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with Eve.

“She’s a flirty character but she’d better watch out as Chas wouldn’t be too happy if she was to go after Carl.”

Lucy also revealed she’d love another child with fiancé Rudi Coleano but admitted it was in the “lap of the groins”.

She got engaged to Rudi in January 2008 but they’re in no rush to tie the knot.

Lucy added: “We’ll get married when it feels right. It would be nice to have another baby.”

Daily Star Sunday

Emmerdale's Tom Lister has revealed that his alter ego Carl King will be faithful to Chastity Dingle (Lucy Pargeter).

Speaking to What's On TV, the 32-year-old actor was quizzed about Carl's recent flirting with newcomer Eve Jenson (Suzanne Shaw), granddaughter of Edna Birch (Shirley Stelfox).

Lister said of his character's next move: "For once, Carl starts being sensible. He even takes on a long-distance driving job to put some distance between Eve and himself.

"The memory of the disaster that was his marriage to Lexi is still fresh in his mind and he doesn’t want to mess up again. Things may not be great with Chas, but he doesn’t want to lose her. He tells Eve it’s been fun, but he’s with Chas.

"[He is] not tempted enough [to cheat on Chas]. He still regards [her] as the love of his life and he’s decided to stay faithful to her - at least for now."

Scouting For Girls have reportedly revealed that they are fans of ITV1 village soap Emmerdale.

The 'Everybody Wants To Be On TV' stars have already played at the fictional Woolpack pub for a local radio station.

Holy Soap quotes the band as saying: "The best idea so far is that our tour bus breaks down as it's passing through the village.

"Our all-time favourite character is Seth - and we all loved it when that plane crashed and wiped out half the cast."

Emmerdale actor Danny Miller is reportedly dating his co-star Kirsty Leigh Porter.

Miller, who plays Aaron Livesy in the ITV1 soap, is said to be smitten with Leigh Porter (Roz Fielding), according to the News of the World.

A source said: "Danny and Kirsty are head over heels in love. They had been keeping it quiet until they were sure their feelings were strong.

"It's early days for Kirsty to be moving in with Danny. But they're spending every waking moment together so who knows in the future?"

If only you could believe everything that read in the papers eh? Obviously a slow night at the news desk at News International, time to start create rather than report on actual news.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Liberty C For This Useful Post:

alan45 (28-07-2010)

Thread Information