Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

Emmerdale General News Thread

A news thread for all general peices of news regarding the show and the cast. I.e Digitial Spy news reports etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Former Emmerdale star Ben Freeman has reportedly begun dating ex-Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Biddall.

The actor, who played mechanic Scott Windsor in the ITV1 soap, is thought to have fallen for Biddall (Jessica Harris) while co-starring with her in the stage show Dreamboats And Petticoats.

Speaking to the Daily Star, an unnamed source said: "He’s head over heels for her and she’s pretty smitten with him. It’s early days yet but the signs are definitely good."

Freeman was dropped by Emmerdale after being charged with rape in Barbados but recently admitted that he was keen to return to the programme after being cleared of the charge last year.

Emmerdale star Maxwell Caulfield has admitted that he often feels genuine sadness over his soap plots.

The actor confirmed that he regularly considers his real-life emotional experiences when filming scenes as Mark Wylde on the ITV1 show.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, Caulfield explained: "This show makes me [cry] bi-weekly. Mark is being put through the mangle. I get genuinely sad sometimes.

"There's more sadness in your life as you get older as more people have passed away and as more pets are cremated and buried at the end of the garden, so there's more to draw on."

Caulfield joined Emmerdale in September last year and his first scenes were screened in January.

Asked about his experiences with fellow cast members, he joked: "I hate them all. Ha ha. No, we're a harmonious and hardworking group, bound by the challenge of cranking out five shows a week. But what I like about this show is that if you get a good storyline, you really get a good storyline."

Caulfield recently revealed that he has fallen in love with the Yorkshire countryside since signing up for the programme.

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has revealed that she is planning to have a second boob job this year.

The 31-year-old actress, who plays Chas Dingle on the ITV1 soap, first went under the knife for breast enhancement surgery eleven years ago.

Speaking to The People, Pargeter admitted: "I don't think I will ever be satisfied with my body. I'll always be able to find something else I don't like. I'm just not completely happy with the way I look.

"My boobs are being done again in August. I'm going a little bit bigger. They were done a long time ago now so I think, just as you change your tyres on a car, you kind of need to change your implants.

"My surgeon told me I don't really need my boobs to go bigger. After the first op I thought, 'Jeepers they're big', but then they go down. I'm a double D now so I'm going up a third again. I'll be the same but a bit fuller."

Pargeter joined the Yorkshire-based programme in 2002 and added that she has no plans to quit her role.

"I love my character because I get to go to work and do everything I sometimes want to do in my own life - I really get to mouth off," she explained. "I get a good reaction from the public because Chas has good intentions.

"I'm quite happy to stay on the show until the day they are unhappy with me or I get bored. But I am happy being based in Leeds, I feel settled."

Pargeter was nominated for sexiest female at the British Soap Awards this year, but lost out to Coronation Street's Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre) at the ceremony.

Ex-Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett has unexpectedly pulled out of her British Shakespeare Company performances just days before the opening night.

Earlier this year, the 26-year-old, who played the role of Jo Sugden in ITV's rural soap for three years before bowing out in December, had signed to appear as Hero in Much Ado About Nothing and Cobweb in A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Earlier this year, Pallett appeared in ITV skating show Dancing on Ice alongside professional skater Daniel Whiston and was the eighth contestant to be voted off. She subsequently agreed to join her fellow contestants for the annual Ice tour. Rehearsals for her Shakespeare commitment were due to begin almost immediately afterwards.

However, despite the Ice tour finishing at the beginning of last month, her agent yesterday released a statement indicating that the actress's commitment to the roadshow had eaten into her Shakespeare rehearsal time and she had therefore taken the decision to pull out.

She was expected to make her debut on stage in A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Rose Theatre in Kingston on Friday.

Pallett's representative told a local Gloucestershire newspaper: "Due to the Dancing on Ice tour running into the rehearsal period for the British Shakespeare Company, Roxanne Pallett has had to bow out of the project but wishes the company a fantastic run as she now looks towards forthcoming roles."

A spokesperson for the British Shakespeare Company this afternoon told DS: "We were informed earlier this week that Roxanne had decided to pull out of the show. She couldn't catch up with the rehearsals that she had lost due to the Dancing on Ice tour."

Pallett has been replaced by actress Claire McGarahan.

She needs to make her mind up what she commits herself to, else she gets herself a reputation and nobody will entertain her after a while.

Emmerdale star Amanda Donohoe has claimed that viewers support her character Natasha Wylde.

Fans of the ITV1 soap are aware that Natasha's husband Mark (Maxwell Caulfield) is a bigamist who recently began seeing his first wife Faye Lamb (Kim Thomson) again. In next week's episodes, the businessman's secrets will be exposed at last.

Donohoe has now confirmed that she has experienced a positive response from the public since the storyline began earlier this year.

Speaking to the Daily Record, the 46-year-old actress explained: "I've made a point of never playing Natasha as an out-and-out bitch, an over-the-top baddie, so people will be concerned for her and won't just laugh at her misfortune.

"I've already had people saying: 'Watch out, your husband is up to no good', so I think the public are on my side. I may even get the odd hug, kiss and glance of sympathy when next week's bombshells hit the screen."

Asked if she can relate to her character's troubles, she revealed: "I've suffered this myself. You are told something, go about your life contentedly, and then discover that the reality of a situation is somewhat different to how it was presented. It's disappointing and undermining."

Donohoe announced that she had signed up for Emmerdale in September 2008. She appeared on screen for the first time in January.

I wish the character was played by a different actress, Amanda is sooo wooden and unbeleavable.

Why does she act like that?
    Almost with no emotion or thought?

Former Dales star 'declared bankrupt'

Former Emmerdale star Kerry Stacey has been declared bankrupt following an attempt to nurture acting talent in her home city of Nottingham, a report claims.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...-bankrupt.html

Shame that this happened I wonder if we will ever see her on TV again?

I quite liked her character in Emmerdale, shame she left

Thread Information