Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast

Thread: Coronation Street General News Thread

Daniel Brocklebank: 'I hated myself for being gay'

Coronation Street star Daniel Brocklebank has opened up about his sexuality, saying he 'hated himself for being gay' when he was younger.

The actor, who plays Billy Mayhew​ on the soap, spoke about coming out at 15 in a candid interview with Gay Times.

"I always knew I was different from the other boys I hung around with, but couldn't ever work out what it was," Daniel said.

"I was 12-years-old the first time I actually realised that I was gay. Back then there was no internet, very few gay people on TV or in the media, and we weren't taught about homosexuality in school due to Section 28 - so for a while I thought I might be the only person out there who felt like that. I hated myself for it and hoped it was a phase."

Daniel Brocklebank
    © Rex Features Ken McKay
    The actor went on to say: "I was 15-years-old and told my mum first, and then the rest of the family in one hit, like ripping off a plaster.

"It was terrifying and exhilarating all at once. To feel free to say the words 'I'm gay' out loud was one of the hardest yet most natural things in the world. Now I wouldn't change it for the world. I love who I am."​

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-04-2016)

Coronation Street had a royal appointment yesterday (April 12) as Princess Anne​​ paid a visit to the cobbles.

The ITV studios welcomed HRH The Princess Royal​ alongside 50 senior and diverse leaders from businesses, governments and NGOs across the Commonwealth. The occasion was part of a wider CSC Leaders 'Common Purpose' visit to the UK.​

Chief Executive of Common Purpose UK Marie Mohan said: "We are delighted that Commonwealth leaders are visiting Manchester this year to explore city-wide collaboration.

HRH Princess Anne visits the Corrie set
    © ITV
    "At Common Purpose, we have been helping leaders to cross boundaries in Manchester for many years, introducing them to diverse people and places and showing them how they might do things differently.

​"The visit to Coronation Street in MediaCityUK is definitely a highlight for the visitors. It's fascinating to learn about how ITV works in collaboration with other sectors and industries."

HRH The Princess Royal visits the Corrie set
    © ITV
    The soap's Head of Production Robbie Sandison added: "It was a delight to welcome Her Royal Highness and leaders from across the Commonwealth to the cobbles.

"Coronation Street has worked together across various industries in the Greater Manchester community for over 50 years and together with ITV we're very proud of our place in the region's history."

This is not the first time that a member of the royal family has visited the Corrie set. Back in 2010, The Duchess of Cornwall called in at Manchester's Granada Studios to tie in with the show's 50th anniversary.

Digital Spy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-04-2016)

Catherine Tyldesley is launching a music career

Coronation Street favourite Catherine Tyldesley is taking a major step forward in her career by signing a record deal.

The Eva Price actress shared the happy news with fans on Twitter that she will be recording music under the direction of United Agents Music.

"Exciting news! I've signed with @UnitedMusic Sign up here to be the first to hear about a whole new journey for me," she tweeted.

United Agents Music has an impressive roster of talent, including West End favourite Samantha Barks and X Factor winner Matt Cardle.

© ITV This Morning
    Corrie fans have long been fond of Tyldesley, who has played the scheming Eva Price since 2011.

She's been back on the soap full-time since last summer, following a brief maternity break.

Tyldesley signed a year-long Coronation Street contract extension back in March.

Digital Spy

I hope she will combine the two careers, I want her to stay on the cobbles

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-05-2016), maidmarian (07-05-2016)

Congratulations to Catherine Tyldesley, who has married her partner Tom Pitfield.

The Coronation Street star tied the knot yesterday (May 21) at the luxury Colshaw Hall in Cheshire, with the couple's one-year-old son Alfie as pageboy (via Sunday People).

Tyldesley's Corrie co-stars Samia Ghadie, Jane Danson and Shayne Ward were among the guests at the star-studded ceremony.

Brooke Vincent, Sue Johnson, Jack P Shepherd, Debbie Rush, Tisha Merry and Kate McGlynn also attended the wedding.

Tyldesley, who has played Eva Price since 2011, returned to the soap full-time last summer following a brief maternity leave, and she signed a year-long contract extension back in March.

Earlier this month, the actress signed a record deal and will be recording music under the direction of United Agents Music.

Digital Spy

Congratulations to them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-05-2016)

Paula Lane has a baby daughter

Congratulations

Coronation Street

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-08-2016)

Coronation Street star Colson Smith has lost three and a half stone after hitting the gym
    Coronation Street star Colson Smith is on a body transformation plan and has shed three and a half stone in weight.
    Colson, who plays kind-hearted teenager Craig Tinker, is the latest in a long-line of Corrie stars to join Ultimate Performance Fitness gym in Manchester - and he’s enjoying the results of his hard work after losing 50lbs.
    Colson, who joined the soap in 2012 with his mum Beth and pet rat Darryl, says he “feels like an athlete” after joining UP Fitness, based in the old Granada Studios.
    Speaking on the ITV chat show Weekend, he told host Aled Jones that he started working out because he was bored after leaving college. And he decided to continue with the workouts after discovering that his character wants to join the police.
    He said: “I feel like an athlete. Everything is monitored. My diet is monitored.”
    Colson says he regulary bumps into his Coronation Street castmates at UP, a favourite with Catherine Tyldesley and Katie McGlynn, who play Eva Price and Sinead Tinker.
    He laughed: “When I go to the gym in Manchester there’s already two of them in there.”
    The gym also helped to transform former Corrie star Ryan Thomas, who played Jason Grimshaw, his Emmerdale actor brother Adam and Adam’s Love Island star twin Scott.
    Colson, whose character Craig supported his pal Faye Windass through her underage pregnancy, says we will soon see “a different side” to Craig as he and his mum Beth disagree over his decision to join the police.
    He told Aled that Craig wants to become a policeman after seeing tragic Kylie Platt stabbed in front of him on the cobbles.
    Explaining that her shocking death was a “turning point” for Craig, he said: “The street knew he stood there and did nothing.”
    Colson recently celebrated his 18th birthday at Hotel Football in Trafford with guests including co-stars Brooke Vincent, who plays Sophie Webster, and Lucy Fallon who plays Bethany Platt.

Coronation Street

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Paula Lane has a baby daughter

Congratulations

Coronation Street
    How lovely!

Kym Marsh has slammed claims that she may quit Coronation Street and blamed "ridiculous sensationalized headlines".

The star, who plays Michelle Connor on the ITV soap, was previously reported to have shown doubts about coming back after her contract finished.

However, in response she wrote on Twitter: "For the record I have NOT said that I am thinking of leaving @itvcorrie ridiculous sensationalised headlines as usual!!"

Follow
    Kym Marsh ✔ @msm4rsh
    For the record I have NOT said that I am thinking of leaving @itvcorrie ridiculous sensationalised headlines as usual!!
    8:58 AM - 17 Oct 2016
    20 20 Retweets 200 200 likes

Marsh originally told the Daily Star of signing a new contract: "It's always something that when you are at the end of a contract, you are thinking, 'Are they going to want me to stay? What do I do?'

"That's always something that people think. Having been on the show for 10 years, you do sit there and go, 'Would I want to? Would I like to?'"

A few months ago, Marsh revealed she had no plans to quit Corrie, confirming she was "not going anywhere just yet".

"It's something that everyone toys with now and again, but it isn't something borne out of other people's decisions. It would be a mistake to leave prompted by someone else," Marsh said.

"This is an amazing job - I'm in a very lucky position and in a great role and, you know, it's not as easy as it seems out there. So to leave something so stable and say, 'I'm off!' isn't for me. It sounds cliched, but it's like a family."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-10-2016), parkerman (17-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

A few months ago, Marsh revealed she had no plans to quit Corrie, confirming she was "not going anywhere just yet."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-10-2016), swmc66 (17-10-2016)

Tracy calling her dad a geriatric Jack Sparrow because she does not like him going off on holiday?? She is so nasty!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-10-2016)

Thread Information