Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronation Street General News Thread

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has claimed that she cannot understand her sex symbol status.

The 24-year-old, who plays Rovers Return barmaid Tina McIntyre, said that she was surprised to be named 'Sexiest Female' at the Inside Soap Awards this week.

Keegan further explained that she considered her fiancé, The Wanted singer Max George, to be easier on the eyes.

"Max is very proud that I won this award but he's a lot sexier than I am," she told The Mirror. "My friends and my mum laugh at me because I am the most un-sexy person in the world. I go to Tesco in my PJs."

Keegan added that her commitment to Coronation Street had prevented her and George from planning their wedding.

"I've been working non-stop," she said. "And the *engagement was a shock - I haven't thought past it."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Kim (26-05-2013)

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has claimed that she cannot understand her sex symbol status.
    This would be the same michelle keegan who has expressed a desire to appear in Playboy and has graced the pages of numerous lads mags in a state of undress

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    This would be the same michelle keegan who has expressed a desire to appear in Playboy and has graced the pages of numerous lads mags in a state of undress
    Just because she can't see herself as sex symbol does not mean she is not prepared to make some money while others do

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Just because she can't see herself as sex symbol does not mean she is not prepared to make some money while others do
    She is the one who expressed a desire to appear in Playboy. She has not been approached by them. In fact I doubt they have even heard of her.

Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has denied a report claiming that she had a panic attack in a coffee shop.

Yesterday, the 21-year-old admitted that she left her local Costa after becoming paranoid about people "staring" at her.

She explained in a series of tweets: "Just went to costa for brunch. Never again on my own. I walked in and these two girls burst out laughing and started talking about me and I felt people were staring at me. It gets me really flustered and when I make my order I feel like all eyes are on me.

"I know I am an actress but I'm very strange sometimes I can be really shy. I sat down with my food and coffee and ended up leaving early as I felt like I was on show. It was just horrible. Now back in my sanctuary Lol.

"And before I get people messaging me saying who do you think you are thinking everyone staring at you I dont mean it to sound like that at all. I really should care less what people think of me and just get on with my thing I'm going to work on that one."

However, earlier today, The Mirror alleged the Rosie Webster actress had a "panic attack" in the shop.

She has since written on Twitter: "By the way I did not have a panic attack in costa yesterday thanks the daily mirror for making me sound like a loon. Lol hahahahahahahha x"

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    She is the one who expressed a desire to appear in Playboy. She has not been approached by them. In fact I doubt they have even heard of her.

Michelle Keegan has said that she would consider posing for Playboy if she was asked.

The Coronation Street actress told Heat that she would never pose fully naked for the publication.

"Playboy's a good thing to do," Keegan said.

"If it was tastefully done and I didn't have all my bits and bobs out, I would probably think about it, because it's Playboy. But I wouldn't just get totally naked."

Keegan was speaking at last week's Inside Soap Awards, where she had been named the 'Sexiest Female'.

The actress has said that despite the gong, she is "the most un-sexy person in the world" and that her fiancé Max George of The Wanted is "a lot sexier".

Keegan recently claimed that she and George are too busy to start planning their wedding

Antony Cotton has become a patron for a charity that supports ex-battery hens.

The Coronation Street actor revealed that he is "besotted" with the birds, and that he began adopting them last year.

The British Hen Welfare Trust (BHWT) has 25 regional centres around the UK, and takes in hens from farmers at the end of their laying life. The hens are then put up for 'adoption' to members of the public.

Cotton revealed that it was an easy decision to become a patron for the charity.

"The British Hen Welfare Trust does an amazing job, not only re-homing ex-battery hens but also campaigning to encourage consumers and retailers to go free range," he said.

"Hen-keeping is one of life's simple pleasures and I'm particularly happy to be able to give ex-battery hens that have had such a dreadful life a happy retirement."

Jamie Oliver and Antony Worrall Thompson are among other celebrities who have supported the cause.

Antony Cotton recently signed a deal that will keep him with the ITV soap until at least 2013.

Antony Cotton has become a patron for a charity that supports ex-battery hens.
    That's nice of him

antony cotton has become a patron for a charity that supports ex-battery hens

Duracell :d

The 24-year-old, who plays Rovers Return barmaid Tina McIntyre, said that she was surprised to be named 'Sexiest Female' at the Inside Soap Awards this week.

Keegan further explained that she considered her fiancé, The Wanted singer Max George, to be easier on the eyes.

"Max is very proud that I won this award but he's a lot sexier than I am," she told The Mirror. "My friends and my mum laugh at me because I am the most un-sexy person in the world. I go to Tesco in my PJs."

Keegan added that her commitment to Coronation Street had prevented her and George from planning their wedding.

"I've been working non-stop," she said. "And the *engagement was a shock - I haven't thought past it."
    I am not impressed with false modesty.

Thread Information