Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronation Street General News Thread

Former Coronation Street star Samuel Robertson has revealed that the soap's producers scrapped a planned bisexuality plotline for his character.

The 23-year-old actor, who played Weatherfield's Adam Barlow from 2004 to 2007, claimed that the story was abandoned because it was seen as too similar to Todd Grimshaw's (Bruno Langley) long-running sexuality struggles.

Robertson told the Daily Record: "At one point they were going to make Adam bisexual, and I was bang up for that. Playing a guy who was proper bisexual, into guys and girls and as cool as a cucumber with it.

"It would have been great, I was excited about it at the time. But I think they decided it came too soon after Bruno Langley's gay storyline."

The star recently joined the cast of the BBC's Scottish soap River City, playing the role of art history student Innes Maitland.

"I assumed River City had the same impact in Glasgow as Corrie does in Manchester, but then I thought that was a bit presumptuous because Corrie really is massive and River City is comparatively quite small," he explained.

"So I have no idea what it's going to be like. I don't think it's going to be anything like Corrie."

Robertson will make his first appearance in River City next week.

Amanda Holden has revealed that she is still hoping to secure a role in Coronation Street.

The 38-year-old actress first expressed an interest in joining the ITV1 soap in April, admitting that she was keen to stir up trouble for long-running character Rita Sullivan (Barbara Knox).

Speaking at the time, she explained: "I'd love to go into it as some kind of snooty southern bitch. Maybe go and buy The Kabin from under Rita's nose and turn it into a beauty salon or something horrendous that they hate, so they oust me and I go back to London."

Holden has now come up with a second storyline which would see her arriving in Weatherfield as a face from Tony Gordon's (Gray O'Brien) past.

She told the Daily Star Sunday: "I have suggested I become an ex of Tony Gordon. I would have to play someone classy of course, but it's my all-time favourite show."

The Britain's Got Talent judge played a minor character called Carmen on EastEnders in 1994. She later landed long-term roles in Wild At Heart and Cutting It.

I loved her in cutting it

But after seeing her being a judge it would be werid seein ger on corrie

Who is she to decide what storyline she gets haha ?

I hope she doesn't join.
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 08-06-2009 at 16:50.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Former Coronation Street actress Denise Black has revealed that she'll forever be indebted to the show.

The 51-year-old, who played Weatherfield haidresser Denise Osbourne for four years between 1992 and 1996, admitted that the ITV1 soap launched her career and hopes one day that she will make another return.

Speaking on This Morning, she said: "As far as I'm concerned - I've always said - I was schlepping around in theatre for 10 years before I got Corrie and I'm forever grateful. It gave me a career and I love them to bits.

She briefly reprised her role in May 2007, shortly after Tracy Barlow's trial, for a storyline which saw her character allow old flame Ken Barlow (William Roache) the opportunity to bond with his estranged son, Daniel.

Of a potential comeback, she joked: "The door is still open...and Antony [Cotton] and Craig [Kelly] are in it at the moment, so I've got to go haven't I?!"

Black appeared as Hazel Tyler in Channel 4 drama Queer As Folk alongside current Corrie actors Craig Kelly - who played her screen son Vince Tyler - and Antony Cotton (Alexander Perry).

Coronation Street star Katherine Kelly has split from her boyfriend Oliver Williams.

Kelly, who plays barmaid Becky Granger, ended the relationship after Oliver received acting offers in the Far East and America.

"They were spending too much time apart and it took its toll," a source told The Mirror. "But they both tried very hard to save their relationship.

"It was hard. There were plenty of tears as the weeks went by. Oliver recently got his green card so he can work in America and, coupled with his work in the Far East, they both decided that it was going to be too big a distance.

"They decided to go their separate ways and focus on their careers."

Oliver's film roles include thriller The Thread and upcoming Ving Rhames movie Unshakable.

Kelly met the 29-year-old at the Royal Shakespeare Company five years ago and moved up to Manchester with him after landing the Coronation Street job. He reportedly worked at a pub near Granada Studios when he couldn't find any acting work in Manchester.

Coronation Street's Katy Cavanagh has graduated from the Open University with a 2.1 degree in humanities studies.

The 35-year-old, who stars as Weatherfield knicker stitcher Julie Carp, began her studies eight years ago and finally graduated at a ceremony held at Manchester's Bridgewater Hall on Friday.

Due to family and work commitments, Cavanagh took a leave of absence for two years, before completing the course earlier this year.

Of her graduation, she told DS: "I'm absolutely over the moon. I never thought I'd finish it. It's been a long, long journey with lots of ups and downs. But I got there in the end. I'd like to thank everybody involved and I would recommend the Open University to anybody."

Speaking of her daughter's achievement, Cavanagh's mum Anne Collins said: "She has done very well, having got into RADA and with her TV work, but I am most proud of this because of her focus and concentration."

The actress currently commutes between Corrie's Granada Studios in Manchester and her London home, where she lives with her husband and son.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Amanda Holden has revealed that she is still hoping to secure a role in Coronation Street.

The 38-year-old actress first expressed an interest in joining the ITV1 soap in April, admitting that she was keen to stir up trouble for long-running character Rita Sullivan (Barbara Knox).

Speaking at the time, she explained: "I'd love to go into it as some kind of snooty southern bitch. Maybe go and buy The Kabin from under Rita's nose and turn it into a beauty salon or something horrendous that they hate, so they oust me and I go back to London."

Holden has now come up with a second storyline which would see her arriving in Weatherfield as a face from Tony Gordon's (Gray O'Brien) past.

She told the Daily Star Sunday: "I have suggested I become an ex of Tony Gordon. I would have to play someone classy of course, but it's my all-time favourite show."

The Britain's Got Talent judge played a minor character called Carmen on EastEnders in 1994. She later landed long-term roles in Wild At Heart and Cutting It.
    Please don't worry me I love Coronation Street because it has a good calibre of actors - she is not in their league!

Lucy-Jo Hudson has admitted that she feels embarrassed when she watches back her Coronation Street scenes.

The actress, who played Katy Harris from 2002 to 2005, revealed that her high-profile 'Killer Katy' plot - which saw her alter-ego killing dad Tommy (Thomas Craig) in a rage - leaves her particularly red-faced.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, she explained: "I die, I absolutely cringe. I was quite poorly when I was doing that storyline, because it was quite heavy and I was living every moment of it, so I looked a state."

She added: "I struggled in Corrie. I loved it, but not the attention. I couldn't leave the house without a cap and shades on. I don't know how to deal with the attention, I get embarrassed. I feel like I've got a bit of my life back now."

Hudson recently tied the knot with her former co-star Alan Halsall (Tyrone Dobbs) in a Cheshire ceremony.

Congratulations to them

Congrats to her I remember her Martin's teenage girlfriend

Thread Information