Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronation Street General News Thread

Ryan Thomas has split from model girlfriend Liz Clough, according to a report.

The actor, well-known for his portrayal of Jason Grimshaw in Coronation Street, apparently did not want to commit to a serious relationship with the 22-year-old.

"She's taken it really well. They've known each other for years but decided to give a relationship a whirl," a source told the Daily Star Sunday.

"It hasn't worked out and Ryan told Liz they were best leaving their physical relationship aside for the sake of their friendship and she was fine with it," the insider continued.

"He is just not ready to have another long-term thing going so soon after the split from [former Coronation Street co-star] Tina [O'Brien]. They have a daughter together so there are a lot of things still playing heavily on his mind," the source added.

EASTENDERS and Coronation Street stars will battle it out in a quiz today for This Morning's Soap Week.

Albert Square's team includes Marc Elliott, Cheryl Fergison, and John Partridge.

Corrie has Keith Duffy, Kym Marsh, Jack Shepherd and Anthony Cotton.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0mujkrZLc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-05-2010)

Coronation Street veteran Bill Roache has spoken of how his hearing problems have had a big impact on his lifestyle.

The 78-year-old recently announced that he is partially deaf and requires special cues to prompt him during his soap scenes as Ken Barlow. He had his hearing damaged at the age of 21 when a bomb exploded at close range as he was training with the Army.

In an interview with the Daily Express, the star explained: "Looking back it has influenced my lifestyle because I've always avoided pubs and places where there's background noise. If I have a dinner party I tend to invite just two or three people so I can hear them properly.

"It's so hard to pick up conversation especially if someone is softly spoken. It gets very tiring trying to keep up and I sometimes find myself just nodding and grinning which can be very embarrassing if I've been asked a question. I'm sure people think I'm daft. I also struggle with high frequencies and song lyrics."

Roache recently started using digital hearing aids but does not wear them full time. He said: "They do make a big difference when I'm at social functions, giving me a lot more confidence. My children are always telling me to put the hearing aids in when they come to dinner."

Earlier this year, the actor agreed to front the 2010 Sound Barrier Star Awards, which reward the achievements of people who are hard of hearing.

Former Coronation Street star Sally Lindsay has announced that she is pregnant with twins.

The actress, who played Weatherfield's troubled Shelley Unwin between 2001 and 2006, revealed the news yesterday during an appearance on Sky1's Angela and Friends.

According to The Sun, Lindsay joked that she does not do "anything by halves" as she discussed motherhood with the programme's host Angela Griffin.

Lindsay has been in a relationship with musician Steve White for six years. White currently has two children from a previous romance.

The couple had already been making plans to marry later this year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-05-2010)

ITV has apologised after the Yorkshire village of Haworth was misspelled in an episode of Coronation Street.

In Sunday's episode of the Weatherfield soap, viewers saw a direction sign which displayed the way to "Hawarth".

The shot was featured when regular character Norris Cole (Malcolm Hebden) made a bid for freedom after growing disturbed by the behaviour of friend Mary Taylor (Patti Clare) as they shared a holiday in Brontë Country.

An ITV spokesman told Keighley News: "We can only apologise for the error but we would hope the fact that the area was depicted and talked about in such a positive light would more than make up for this small mistake."

The representative also confirmed that, although possible filming locations in Brontë Country had been considered, the scenes were ultimately shot closer to the serial's Manchester base.

Matt Stroh, chairman of tourism marketing body Brontë Country Partnership, commented: "It is sad that Haworth was misspelt but we can't be anything but grateful for the coverage the area has received. The filming location decision is interesting because one of the issues we have is convincing people that we are not that far from Manchester."

Former Coronation Street star Rupert Hill has admitted that he took a big risk when he decided to quit the show.

The actor, who is currently appearing in a touring production of When Harry Met Sally, bowed out as Weatherfield's Jamie Baldwin in 2007 after four years in the role.

Reflecting on his soap stint, Hill told the Birmingham Post: "I got paid incredibly well, and starring in Coronation Street was a very enjoyable job, and I made really good friends. But I've always wanted to be an actor. And part of what attracted me to the profession was the diversity of roles you can get.

"In the end I accepted that I was going to have to take a pay cut and face up to the possibility that I might never work again. It didn't matter, though. I had to take a risk and leave Corrie in 2007 because I didn't want to play Jamie Baldwin for the next 25 years."

The new dad added that he admires former co-stars like Bill Roache, who will soon celebrate his 50th anniversary in the part of Ken Barlow.

He said: "Someone like Bill, he takes it very, very seriously. He still does vocal warm-ups before a scene. He's very much part of the old school, and he loves doing it. All those guys who have been in Corrie for years and years absolutely adore it.

"Part of me wishes I could be that person. But I'm too excitable. I'm constantly thinking what else is around the next corner. Even now, with a few months left of this play I'm in now, I'm wondering what I'm going to be doing next."

SAMIA Smith showed off her enviable figure - just months after giving birth.
    The Corrie star, who had daughter Freya in October, looked stunning in a pair of shorts which showed off her slim pins as she visited the Corrie cast for a reunion.

She is due back on screens as Maria Connor in June - and her appearance will tie-in with evil killer Tony Gordon's escape from jail.

Her ex is set to track her down in the gripping storyline, convinced that she has feelings for him.

She'll appear for a week before heading back on maternity leave and returning to screens in July.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0nGByTJoE

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-05-2010)

Bev Callard has revealed that her real life partner used to struggle watching her kissing other men on screen.

The Coronation Street star, who plays man-eater Liz McDonald, said Jon McEwan has now become accustomed to her character's romantic habits.

Callard, 53, told What's On TV: "I think when we first got together he found it a bit like, 'Woah, this is a bit disturbing, watching your woman snogging another guy on the telly."

Callard's character has dated her son Steve's best friend Lloyd and was attracted to barman Ciaran - played by Boyzone's Keith Duffy. She is now set for a new romance with Owen, played by Ian Puleston-Davies.

"They told me who was playing him. I didn't know who he was, but apparently he's got a great CV and is fantastic," she said.

NOW tatt's the way to draw attention to a grrrreat cause...

Kate Ford - who plays jailed Corrie killer Tracy Barlow - bares almost all in a bid to save Canada's bears, which are killed to make the caps worn by the Queen's guards.

And the sexy soap star sizzles as she sports arm art with the slogan "Bare Skin Not Bearskin" for the advert, launched yesterday by animal welfare campaigners PETA.

Kate, 32, recently returned to the ITV1 soap as baddie Tracy, who is serving life for killing boyfriend Charlie Stubbs.

At least it looks like she's doing some good work on the outside.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0neEAJyQS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Coronation Street producers have confirmed that the show's opening titles will be overhauled for the first time in eight years ready for the switch to high definition later this month.

Details as to the nature of the new title sequence have yet to be released but programme makers Granada this afternoon announced that the new look will showcase from May 31.

A spokesperson for the soap told DS: "Coronation Street will be having new opening titles shot in HD, further details of which will be announced soon."

In September, EastEnders revamped its titles for the first time in a decade, introducing a HD-compatible 3D map, complete with Thames boat and moving clouds.

Thread Information