Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastenders General News Thread

Nicola Roberts has revealed she'd like to play Patsy Palmer's sister in EastEnders.
    The Girls Aloud star is a massive fan of the soap, and joked she could join Albert Square as fellow redhead Bianca Jackson's little sister.
    Nicola laughed: "I could be like Patsy Palmer's younger sister or something!"
    But Bianca would have to have a Scouse sister as Nicola admits she is "terrible" at accents.
    The 26-year-old revealed she loves watching EastEnders because it helps her relax.
    She said: "As soon as I get home I get into my neon tracksuit, get into bed, I've got my little dogs, and put on EastEnders.
    "I find it really helps me forget about the rest of the world for half an hour. And if I've not been able to watch it for ages I'll have like seven or eight episodes in a row."
    But Nicola isn't sure she'd ever pursue a career as an actress like her bandmate Kimberley Walsh, although she admits she has enjoyed acting.
    She said: "I did a little bit of acting on the video for Yo-Yo, because I wrote the song. I wrote the story to the video and I had to kind of act the video a little bit. I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it, but actually I really enjoyed it.
    "If I was to have lessons and get better - I was surprised that I enjoyed doing it on the day..."

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by xcarlyx View Post
    I was watching eastenders omnibus earlier and I didn't watch Eastenders when i was growing up (im only 18) and i was wondering whys pat afraid of derek? and has christian left?

Pat's son got beaten up by Derek, cos Pats son got Carol pregnant ( if I am not mistaken ) Christian has left but I do not think it is FOREVER,, I bet he comes back ....Carly I didnt start watching EE until 8 yrs ago,, so i am still asking others to help me fit pieces that I have missing too,, Hope this helps :-)

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Nicola Roberts has revealed she'd like to play Patsy Palmer's sister in EastEnders.
    The Girls Aloud star is a massive fan of the soap, and joked she could join Albert Square as fellow redhead Bianca Jackson's little sister.
    Nicola laughed: "I could be like Patsy Palmer's younger sister or something!"
    But Bianca would have to have a Scouse sister as Nicola admits she is "terrible" at accents.
    The 26-year-old revealed she loves watching EastEnders because it helps her relax.
    She said: "As soon as I get home I get into my neon tracksuit, get into bed, I've got my little dogs, and put on EastEnders.
    "I find it really helps me forget about the rest of the world for half an hour. And if I've not been able to watch it for ages I'll have like seven or eight episodes in a row."
    But Nicola isn't sure she'd ever pursue a career as an actress like her bandmate Kimberley Walsh, although she admits she has enjoyed acting.
    She said: "I did a little bit of acting on the video for Yo-Yo, because I wrote the song. I wrote the story to the video and I had to kind of act the video a little bit. I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it, but actually I really enjoyed it.
    "If I was to have lessons and get better - I was surprised that I enjoyed doing it on the day..."
    I think we have enough AIR HEADS,,plus how on earth will EE explain this character she has dreamed up LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    Pat's son got beaten up by Derek, cos Pats son got Carol pregnant ( if I am not mistaken ) Christian has left but I do not think it is FOREVER,, I bet he comes back ....Carly I didnt start watching EE until 8 yrs ago,, so i am still asking others to help me fit pieces that I have missing too,, Hope this helps :-)
    Thank you.

Sir David Jason has claimed that EastEnders needs 'cheering up'.

The Only Fools and Horses star suggested the soap introduces someone like Derek 'Del Boy' Trotter, as the real East End of London isn't as "dreary" as the soap depicts.

"I'd like to do something on there to cheer it up," he told the Sunday Mirror. "In times of recession lives are a bit dreary so they don't want EastEnders where they keep slitting each other's throats.

"What intrigues me is that there are funny people in the real East End. It's *famous for it.

"There'd be blokes *dressing up as women as a lark, but EastEnders seems blind to the fact that they enjoy a laugh. There should be a cheery chappy on there."

Jason added that he has bought his 10-year-old daughter Sophie the Only Fools and Horses boxset and plans to show it to her over Christmas.

"I don't really like watching myself as I get haunted by the bits I have done wrong, but to be honest it feels like I'm watching a different person when I see Del Boy now," he said.

Sir David Jason has claimed that EastEnders needs 'cheering up', as the real East End of London isn't as "dreary" as the soap depicts.

they don't want EastEnders where they keep slitting each other's throats.

Well said David I know you had taste
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders favourite June Brown is to release an autobiography, it has been announced.

The 84-year-old, best known for her role as Walford's Dot Branning, will begin working on the title in the coming months ahead of publication in autumn 2013.

Brown's memoirs will be published by Simon & Schuster, which acquired the rights to the title after paying a six-figure sum, The Bookseller reports.

"June has undoubtedly lived a full and fascinating life - she is one of the few national treasures left not to have done her autobiography and she has more to say than most," Simon & Schuster's deputy non-fiction editorial director Carly Cook commented.

"As big celebrity non-fiction prospects stand for 2013, June Brown's story is a proper one, the life of someone who is hugely respected and much loved.

"Although best known for her brilliant portrayal of Dot Branning, she is seen as an institution - an outstanding TV and stage actress whose appeal is far-reaching and ageless."

Brown was seen delving into her family history on BBC One's Who Do You Think You Are? in August.

Enders Pat gets a stairway to Evans

THE death of Pat Evans in Sunday night's EastEnders is such a momentous occasion that it gets its own TUNE.

The tearjerker episode will end with an arrangement named Pat's Theme by Simon May, who composed the soap's iconic music.

Pat has been played by Pam St Clement since 1986.

A show insider said: "It's only right that we pay tribute to such a character with a wonderfully touching special theme tune."

There will be another change to the credits on Sunday night, as bosses have bowed to pressure from real-life EastEnders to include the Olympic Park in the opening sequence.

source:The Sun
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Well said David I know you had taste
    i think sir david would have his time better spent improving his dire new sitcom. sir david obviously dosent watch ee, if he did, he would realise ee does humour and has a lighter side. ee is never dreary and dosent need cheering up. look at the state of corrie with its pantomime , cartoon humour. in mondays ep tiff was brilliant with her put down to michael, genius. ee is really on form at the mo and on top of its game thanks to bk and certainly dosent need cheering up when we have tameka empson.
    Last edited by flappinfanny; 03-01-2012 at 23:52.

EastEnders will air twice a day later this year on Australian television in order to close the gap between the country and the UK.

The British soap has been airing on UKTV since the channel launched in 1996, and will now screen double episodes every Monday to Thursday night from January 23 at 6.30pm.

BBC Worldwide Australia's Deirdre Brennan said: "EastEnders is our number one show. I'm delighted to be able to give our soap savvy fans a double-helping from the Square as we close the gap on the UK.

"With Mandy's unlikely romance with Ian, Tyler's determined attempts to woo Whitney and mayhem at the Moons', there's plenty for them to enjoy."

A new dedicated website for Australian fans of the soap will also be launched to coincide with the double episodes. Fans will be able to catch up with shows and watch preview clips and behind-the-scenes videos.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information