Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastenders General News Thread

EastEnders actress Nina Wadia has revealed that her character was intended as Albert Square's new Pauline Fowler.

The 40-year-old, who joined the show as Walford's tough-talking Zainab Masood in May 2007, recently explained how her character was earmarked as the BBC soap's new matriarch from the outset.

She told the Daily Record: "That was in my brief on my first day: Zainab is the Pauline Fowler of the Square."

She added: "I felt they were big shoes to fill and I was very nervous of that description of her, but it's a huge compliment in a way."

In February, Wendy Richard, who played Pauline Fowler for 21 years, passed away after losing her battle with cancer.

NEW Enders hunk Adam Croasdell said he's feeling the pressure to fill in where Rob Kazinsky left off as the soap's new heartthrob.
    The actor, who has previously appeared in Heartbeat and Smack The Pony, said following the Square's former lothario Sean Slater - played by Rob - is harder than it looks.

Adam, who plays Dr Al, gets a warm welcome from single mum Tanya Branning, who goes goo-goo whenever the dishy doc turns up in the Square.

And the actor is happy to take on Rob's duties.

Adam said: "Al is single and he likes to mingle!

"With the departure of Robert Kazinsky, I'm feeling the pressure if I've been hired to step into his shoes."

But the actor said he hopes his gorgeous GP character will have some meaty storylines as well as racy ones to get stuck into.

Adam said: "You hope that your storylines are going to be a little bit more than for flesh-fodder, but it's all good."

A NEIGHBOUR of EastEnders star Steve McFadden is pregnant with his baby, The Sun can reveal.

Mum-of-three Dr Rachel Green has left her surgeon husband for 50-year-old Steve — who plays Albert Square hardman Phil Mitchell.

The couple have been secretly dating for almost a year after meeting on the school run. Now Rachel is planning to set up home with him — in a plotline similar to one from the long-running BBC1 soap.

She is due to give birth to the actor’s fourth child in July.

A source said: “Steve and Rachel fell for each other last year.

“Steve had been single for a while but Rachel has been married for years. The pregnancy has been a bombshell for her family.

“Rachel has three young children, which has made the situation difficult for both families.

“She has been living between Steve’s house and her own for a few months now. They are trying to work out the best thing for their future with their kids.”

Steve lives a ten-minute walk from the brunette in East Finchley, North London, and they are often seen out together.

Rachel is separated from consultant urologist Dr James Green. Locals now refer to her as “Phil Mitchell’s missus”.

A neighbour said: “They act like a married couple and certainly don’t hide the fact they’re an item. She smiles occasionally to people round here but he keeps himself to himself.”

He added: “It’s a nice neighbourhood and a lot of kids live in the street. Steve sometimes takes a few to the park and playground at the end of the road.”

Just like his TV character, Steve has a complicated romantic past.

He has a son with childhood sweetheart Sue Marshall and two daughters with ex-girlfriend Angela Bostock. He also had a tempestuous affair with Albert Square co-star Lucy Benjamin, 38.

Rachel refused to comment yesterday. A spokesman for the actor said: “Steve is a very private man. He will not comment on his private life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (03-05-2009)

EastEnders star Scott Maslen has confirmed that he is keen to stick with the show for as long as possible.

The actor, who plays Jack Branning on the BBC One soap, hinted that he would only quit Walford if there was a drop in the quality of his storylines.

Speaking to We Love Telly! magazine, Maslen explained: "I've got a good life, got a house, got everything in place, so I'm happy to be there as long as it stays good."

The star added that he is often disappointed by the behaviour of his alter-ego Jack, who is currently torn between sisters Ronnie (Samantha Janus) and Roxy (Rita Simons).

"He's a bit of a louse, actually," Maslen admitted. "Why do people cheat? I always say: 'Not even a kiss, not even a dance'. I have a real issue with people being unfaithful."

Maslen tied the knot with his long-term partner Estelle Rubio in September last year.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    BARBARA Windsor has revealed she’s like to jump ship to join the Corrie cobbles.

The EastEnders actress said she’d like a stint on the rival soap because it would add to her list of achievements.
    The 71-year-old said: "I kind of have worked with most people I'd want to.
    "I suppose I wouldn't mind having a go in Coronation Street for a bit, you know, see how they do it."
    The Carry On star arrived in Albert Square as tough Peggy Mitchell in 1994.

SOURCE: The Sun Online

Alan did u read this?? waiting for your resonse on this buddy

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    BARBARA Windsor has revealed she’s like to jump ship to join the Corrie cobbles.

The EastEnders actress said she’d like a stint on the rival soap because it would add to her list of achievements.
    The 71-year-old said: "I kind of have worked with most people I'd want to.
    "I suppose I wouldn't mind having a go in Coronation Street for a bit, you know, see how they do it."
    The Carry On star arrived in Albert Square as tough Peggy Mitchell in 1994.

SOURCE: The Sun Online

Alan did u read this?? waiting for your resonse on this buddy

He is still in shock, still unable to comment

Is this the poison dwarf's way of trying to line up a a new job when EE give her the axe as there are only so many times they can marry her off to a new character.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

The Poison Dwarf will never appear on Corrie. Maria's unborn child is a better actor. Barbara Windsor suffers from delusions. She is barely good enough for a 3rd rate soap like Deadenders. She would be completely out of her depth on Britains most Popular Soap.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    The Poison Dwarf will never appear on Corrie. Maria's unborn child is a better actor.
    lmao
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

WALFORD'S hottest new couple Marc Elliott and Preeya Kalidas are also dating OFF-SCREEN, we can reveal.

The pair, who play lovers Syed Masood and Amira Shah, were snapped strolling with their arms around each other after filming EastEnders in Elstree, Herts.

Seems Marc has really fallen for new girl Preeya, who recently claimed she was single.

But the pair are desperate to keep their romance under wraps. They walked separately for five minutes before they got together and started canoodling.

And when co-star Nina Toussaint-White (Syd Chambers) shouted at them down the street, they parted faster than Archie and Peggy after their marriage.

Gorgeous Preeya, 26, made her first appearance in Albert Square this week, leaving Syed's little brother Tamwar gobsmacked when she arrived.

From NOTW

Thread Information