Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastenders General News Thread

Tamzin Outhwaite has revealed that EastEnders bosses have "never" approached her to make a return to the Walford soap.

The actress left her role as Albert Square's Melanie Owen in 2002 and has gone on to appear in a number of other TV dramas, including Paradox, Red Cap and Hotel Babylon.

Earlier this year, it was announced that Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace are to make comebacks in their respective roles as Alfie and Kat Moon. More recently, it was confirmed that Lucy Benjamin is to make a one-off return as Lisa Fowler.

Speaking to New magazine, Outhwaite commented: "Loads of my old peers are going back. It seems I'm the only one who's never been asked! It's quite funny - people always think I've turned it down, but I haven't been asked.

"I don't know if I'd go back. At the moment I've got enough on my plate. Who knows in the future?"

Outhwaite told DS last November that she would feel no shame if she ever did return to play Melanie.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-04-2010)

I think she could do better by not going back, thats probably the reaon she has never been asked, shes actual had some sort of career since leaving.

Tamzin is one of the few who has left EE and made a success at something else
    Last edited by alan45; 27-04-2010 at 10:27.

Already posten ^^

John Partridge has hinted at tough times ahead for Christian Clarke in EastEnders.

The actor was asked if his character's complicated relationship with Syed Masood (Marc Elliott) would have a happy ending.

Partridge told Heat: "Obviously I can't give much away.

"In situations like this there's rarely a happy ending. This is Walford, not Oz. We're not in Kansas anymore!"

He added that Elliot was the worst dancer on set when he choreographed the dancing scenes for his wedding, adding: "He's totally uncoordinated. I had to really make him practise, but he rose to the challenge."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-04-2010)

There won't be a happy ending for Syed and Christian, as there's no drama in that, and this is EE after all.

Unless they both leave together at some point.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 27-04-2010 at 16:26.

John Partridge has revealed that he plans to marry his long-term boyfriend Jon Tsouras.

The 38-year-old actor confirmed that he believes it is time to take the next step in their relationship.

He told Heat: "My lovely Jon's Canadian and it's all about when his family can come over, which might be this autumn.

"We've been together for seven years and it's about time I made an honest man of him."

The former musical theatre star went on to say that despite having choreographed a Bollywood dance routine on EastEnders, he has no plans on such a display at his wedding.

He continued: "There might be some Irish dancing, though. We've both got Irish roots, so there could be a bit of the old Riverdance!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-04-2010)

BBC soap EastEnders is to remain at its Elstree Studios base in Hertfordshire "for the foreseeable future", it has been confirmed.

According to The Guardian, a new deal has been signed which will keep the Walford drama in its long-established home for another four years.

Previous reports had often suggested that EastEnders could move elsewhere, with Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire regularly being tipped as one potential new location.

However, a BBC spokeswoman has now confirmed: "There are no plans for EastEnders to move from Elstree - the production will remain at this site for the foreseeable future."

Meanwhile, a source said: "EastEnders is definitely going to stay in Elstree. A new contract has been signed."

The news means that the programme's existing sets are likely to require upgrades in order to meet the demands of high definition. In an interview with DS last May, then executive producer Diederick Santer confessed that some of EastEnders' exterior locations would not "pass muster" if the higher-quality filming was introduced.

Elstree Studios has been the soap's home since its inception 25 years ago.

EastEnders star Cheryl Fergison has revealed that viewers can expect Heather Trott to face struggles as a single mother in the coming months.

Speaking on This Morning, the actress promised a shift in tone for her character's storylines and also warned of dramatic times ahead for Heather's best friend Shirley Carter (Linda Henry).

Discussing Heather's place in the soap, Fergison commented: "I think it's going to change a little bit. We're going to see more of the single parent mummy - [it'll be] a little bit harder possibly. [She'll be] fending for herself a lot more and not relying on Shirley.

"Shirley will be having her own issues with Phil. It's all going to go off for them!"

Asked whether love could be on the cards for Heather, she joked: "Love? Oh, I don't know. Look at her hair and the headbands - it's not boding well, is it?"

Heather gave birth to her first child George last October.

EastEnders bosses are to drop a last-minute scene into its first post-election episode, citing the result, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

At roughly the halfway point in Friday's screening, Darren Miller (Charlie G Hawkins) will be seen walking through the Square with flatmate Minty Peterson (Cliff Parisi) as they head for The Vic.

Strolling through the Square gardens, Darren asks: "So, what do you reckon then Mints? Good or bad?" before gesturing a local newspaper at him.

A cutaway scene showing the front page of the East London Gazette's election special will then be shown with one of the three most likely alternate headlines: 'Cameron Wins!', 'Clegg Wins!' or 'Brown Wins!'.

Minty responds: "Same old, same old, mate. I tell you what, we'd better get a couple of pints down our scrags before they put the prices up!"

Show bosses also have the eventuality of a hung parliament "covered".

Last year, EastEnders filmed a last-minute scene between Denise (Diane Parish) and Patrick (Rudolph Walker) the morning after Michael Jackson's death to slot into that evening's episode.

Other instances of topical 'drop in' scenes over the years have included Barack Obama's presidential victory and various football results.

The remaining three of the Big Four soaps - Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks - all confirmed to DS that they have "no plans" to cite the result of the general election.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-05-2010)

Thread Information