Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastenders General News Thread

Eastenders General News Thread

A news thread for all general peices of news regarding the show and the cast. I.e Digitial Spy news reports etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Lytton linked to latest 'American Pie'

Rex Features
    Former EastEnders actress Louisa Lytton has been linked to the next movie in the American Pie franchise.

The Daily Mail reports that Lytton, who played Ruby in the BBC One soap, will take on the role of an English woman called Imogen in American Pie: Book Of Love.

The part would mark the first big screen outing for the 20-year-old, who took part in Strictly Come Dancing in 2006 and most recently appeared as PC Beth Green in The Bill.

A report in January said that a fourth cinematic release in the movie's franchise had been proposed. It is understood that American Pie 4 will focus on the characters of Jim and Michelle following their wedding.

As well as sequels American Pie 2 and American Wedding, a trio of straight-to-DVD spinoffs have also been released.

Anybody suffering from withdrawal sympton because she is not on tv at the moment will be pleaed about this.

Emma Barton would make Walford return

Emma Barton has revealed that she is willing to make a return to EastEnders.

The actress made her debut as Honey Mitchell on the BBC One soap in 2005, but was axed last year after producers decided that the character had "come to the end of her storyline".

Barton is currently appearing as Roxie Hart in a touring production of the musical Chicago and hopes to land further TV roles once she completes the run.

Speaking to the Daily Record, she explained: "There's no immediate plans for me to return to EastEnders and I'm off doing my own thing.

"But who knows? Honey could have walked from the Square for good or she could be back on screen two years down the line.

"I'd love to do something totally different on TV like a period drama, but if I did go back to soap acting, then it would have to be with EastEnders. I just couldn't go anywhere else."

Barton admitted that she was "gutted" to be axed last year. She later claimed that producers had made the decision too hastily.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Another ex EE member doing their Yosser Hughes "Gies a Job" impression no offence to Emma but her character was lame and limp and the viewers don't want that. It doesn't matter what soap or drama the public watch the character has to make an impression and cause a reaction that is why Nick Cotton is one of EE best loved characters he has the viewers talking on the bus or tube in the morning on the way to work.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here winner Joe Swash has hinted that he might return to EastEnders at some stage in the future.

Speaking at last night's Digital Spy Reality TV Awards - where he picked up gongs for favourite winner and favourite celebrity contestant - the actor admitted that he would "never say never" to revisiting Albert Square.

"I don't think [I'll be back] anytime shortly, but I would never say never because you never know what's round the corner. At the moment, I'm going to try and do a couple of things of my own, but in a couple of years - three or four years - who knows? They might not even want me back!" he explained.

Swash, who played Mickey Miller in the BBC One soap, added that he still watched the show, saying: "I was a big fan of EastEnders before I was even in it, and it's better now because I don't know any of the storylines!"

EASTENDERS bosses have finally found a hunky replacement for heart-throb Rob Kazinsky.

Adam Croasdell will set pulses racing as Albert Square’s new medic Al Jenkins.

And he’s not the only sexy fella heading to Walford.

Hollywood actor Danny Dyer is also in talks to join the show.

EastEnders has been on the hunt for new male stars after it lost Rob, 24, who played Sean Slater, last year.

Now they are thrilled Adam, 28, who has starred in Peak Practice and Holby, has put pen to paper.

And he is set to become a potential love interest for Tanya Branning (Jo Joyner, 31).

The source said: “Adam is a fantastic signing for us. I reckon there will be quite a few women who will need to pop down to his

surgery!” Boss Diederick Santer, 39, recently admitted the soap needed a “new Wicksy-style charmer”.

Meanwhile, 31-year-old Danny confirmed he is in talks with the show’s top brass.

He said: “I love the show and we have had a few meetings. Ideally I’d love to play against type and not always be the hard man, but it’s all down to how they see you.”

Former EastEnders actress Michelle Ryan has described her stint with the BBC soap as a "great foundation" but reaffirmed that she has no plans to return.

The 24-year-old, who played the role of Zoe Slater for five years, quit the Walford-based soap in 2005 'out of boredom'.

It was recently reported that Ryan's screen mother Jessie Wallace (Kat Slater) is eyeing up a potential return to Albert Square, while earlier this week, producers announced that Danniella Westbrook is to make a shock comeback to the soap in the summer as Sam Mitchell.

Patsy Palmer (Bianca Jackson), Sid Owen (Ricky Butcher) and Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher) have also made returns to the programme over the last year.

However, despite the influx of past characters returning to the show, Ryan is adamant that she won't make a comeback herself.

Speaking on The Paul O'Grady Show last night, Ryan said: "I wouldn't go back. I've had so much fun since, it's nice to go to work and do stunts. It's great to do EastEnders and [it was] a great foundation, a great apprenticeship, but to go in and cry all the time…"

She added: "I don't mind a little bit of that but it's nice to do something different."

Since EastEnders, her TV credits have included Jekyll, the now-axed US remake of The Bionic Woman and a short stint on BBC fantasy drama Merlin. She also appears in the Doctor Who Easter special Planet of the Dead this Saturday.

Last year, John Yorke - controller of continuing drama series and head of independent drama at the BBC - warned against relying on old characters in soapland.

Makes a change for somebody not to want to come back

i'll give Joe Swash 6 months before he says he would like a return to EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    He already has (post no.5 ^^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    He already has (post no.5 ^^^)

Yeah but he is saying at some stage in the future as he thinks he is going to get loads of work offers. He is doing a Moses (in de-nile) come Autumn he will be back suggesting the Millers return to EE because he will be skint.

Thread Information