Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastenders General News Thread

Long-standing EastEnders supporting artist Ina Clare has died at the age of 77.

The Walford extra, who played flower stall vendor Ina Foot on the BBC soap, was taken ill on Thursday before passing away at the weekend.

Clare made a number of appearances in the role of flame-haired Ina over the years, and a notable moment for the character came just a few months ago when her workmate Jean Slater (Gillian Wright) organised a birthday party for her at the Queen Vic.

Paying tribute to the actress, EastEnders executive producer Bryan Kirkwood commented: "Ina was a much-loved and highly valued part of the EastEnders community who will be very much missed in Albert Square. Many viewers will recognise Ina as one of the most long-standing characters on the market, where she's been helping to create the magic of Walford for 24 years."

Clare has also been praised by a number of her former colleagues on Twitter over the past 24 hours.

Writing on the social networking site, ex-cast member Robert Kazinsky (Sean Slater) described Clare as an "on-set legend" and noted that she would be "sadly missed".

Meanwhile, Sam Attwater (Leon Small) said: "R.I.P. Ina Clare, long-term supporting artist on EastEnders! Great woman to work with."

As well as her Walford role, Clare made small appearances in French and Saunders, Blake's 7 and sitcom In Sickness and in Health during her acting career.

An EastEnders spokesperson has told DS that tonight's episode of the soap will be dedicated to Clare with a screen tribute acknowledging her death.

Thats sad, R.I.P Ina

EastEnders actress Samantha Womack has admitted that she is enjoying playing pregnant Ronnie Mitchell.

The actress told Soaplife that she has become caught up in the plot and begun acting as if she is really expecting a baby.

"I love being pregnant," she said. "I've started to act as if I'm really pregnant. In real life I'm banned from breeding!"

Womack confessed that she hopes things work out for Ronnie and Jack (Scott Maslen) with their new arrival.

"New Year will be the baby saga," she teased. "I hope it will be OK. It would be nice to see Ronnie happy... for a bit."

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I am a bit confused how did Scott Maslen manage to do STRICTLY COME DANCING,,when he is still contracted with EE..I thought it was only allowed for actors who were no longer contracted with the show,, I am glad that Jack is still on EE .It would be nice if EE allowed them just a teeny tiny bit of happiness.. any couple for the matter

EastEnders' Samantha Womack has hinted that her character Ronnie Mitchell's upcoming wedding will not go smoothly.

Speaking to Soaplife, the actress revealed that her alter ego's sister Roxy (Rita Simons), who is paying for her wedding to Jack Branning (Scott Maslen), will run out of money at the last minute.

She said: "She wants Ronnie to have the frills she and Jack can't afford. But it turns out nor can Roxy, only she doesn't realise until her bank card is refused.

"Apparently Jack's care worked out at about £10,000 a day. They're heading for disaster, but Ronnie's just rolling with it because she's got her man. That's all that matters."

The star added: "She could forgive Roxy anything. This goes back to their childhood when they'd sleep together as spoons. It was them against the world."

When Sonia Fowler made a brief return to Albert Square this year for the wedding of her big sis Bianca, her husband Martin was notable in his absence.

But fans can see Martin - oh, all right, his real-life alter ego James Alexandrou - in a new documentary on BBC3. Hooray!

The actor is fronting a two-part show, Cannabis - What's The Harm?, which looks at both dealers and uses and features doctors and psychologists talking about the effects of the drug.

The show is part of Dangerous Pleasures season on the channel, which looks at young people's pursuit of pleasure and tackles subjects such as boozy holidays abroad, drinking games and the controversial world of music videos.

In 2008, TV star James hit the headlines when pictures surfaced on Facebook of the actor apparently smoking a spliff at a party.

Olly Murs has again expressed his desire to appear in EastEnders.

Having revealed his ambition to join the soap last year, the 2009 X Factor runner-up has now suggested that his proposed character should have an affair with Pat Butcher (Pam St Clement).

He told the Daily Star: "How cool would it be to get a part in EastEnders as a proper Cockney? I'd love that.

"I love being a singer and everything is still really exciting following my time on X Factor. But I'm keen to get into acting so moving into Albert Square would be a great start. I could have an affair with Pat Butcher."

That Harry is really nasty - no wonder Vanessa had affairs. Was funny when Ronnie and Kat were squaring up to each other! So Roxy has no money left. Wonder why?
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    That Harry is really nasty - no wonder Vanessa had affairs. Was funny when Ronnie and Kat were squaring up to each other! So Roxy has no money left. Wonder why?
    oops was meant to post this in the Current episode thread
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Steve McFadden's former TV brother Ross Kemp has become a father for the first time - after his ex-lover had his baby.

New Zealand-born makeup artist Nicola Coleman, 35, gave birth in a hospital near her home in Ruislip, North-West London.

TV hardman Kemp, 46, was not at the birth - and was seen out shopping in Central London with a mystery blonde on the day his son was born two weeks ago.

Advertisement - article continues below »

He dated Ms Coleman on and off for four years after meeting her on the set of EastEnders.

She said: "I have had a baby boy and Ross is the father. He will be involved."

Kemp, who has re-invented himself as a tough TV documentary maker after leaving his soap role as Grant Mitchell in 2006, said: "I don't speak about my private life. A child is always a blessing."

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...#ixzz14fWv4XKY

Thread Information