Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Branning

EastEnders writer and ex-cast member Emer Kenny has expressed her doubts amid speculation that Lauren Branning is becoming an alcoholic.

The Zsa Zsa actress believes that Jacqueline Jossa's troubled character is simply going through a stage of extreme binge drinking.

"It's less alcoholism and more binge-drinking is what they are trying to do," Kenny told PA. "That's a very real and relevant teenage story, because it reflects real life.

"EastEnders can sometimes exist in its own land and I always think it's a good thing when it connects to the real world. I don't see her becoming an alcoholic at 18, but I don't know."

Speaking of other Albert Square residents she writes for, Kenny added: "I love writing for little Tiff (Maisie Smith), but I would like to write for Shirley (Linda Henry), because my character was her niece and I really love her.

"But I think it would be daunting because I think Linda is an amazing actress and I would want to do her proud," she admitted.

"I also enjoy writing for Lauren Branning because Jacqueline [Jossa] is a brilliant actress. She's relateable for me in terms of age so she's a nice person to write for."

"I also enjoy writing for Lauren Branning because Jacqueline [Jossa] is a brilliant actress. She's relateable for me in terms of age so she's a nice person to write for."

That statement has cheered me up no end ,Ms.Kenny, you must be joking.

EastEnders star Jacqueline Jossa has revealed that she has signed a new one-year contract with the soap.

The actress - who plays teen tearaway Lauren Branning - joined the show two years ago. She told the Daily Star that she will continue with the role for as long as she is wanted.

"I'm having a great time," she said. "I've just signed a one-year contract and am happy to stay for as long as they'll have me.

"I get so excited when I open my scripts. So as long as that continues, then I'm happy. I really do love it."

The 19-year-old also addressed rumours that she is planning to move in with her boyfriend and EastEnders co-star Tony Discipline, who plays Tyler Moon.

"When *people ask me about marriage or even moving in with Tony I have to laugh," she said. "It's just so ridiculous. I am 19 years old and am enjoying myself.

"Hetti [Bywater] (Lucy Beale) and I are currently neighbours and I can definitely see myself living with her. I mean, imagine it - Lauren and Lucy *actually living together."

When asked about Lauren's developing relationship with her cousin Joey, Jossa said that she sympathises somewhat with her character's situation.

"Obviously I can't relate to liking my cousin. But the thing that I'm holding on to is that they haven't been brought up together as cousins," she explained.

"They've *really only just met... so I kind of feel that it's not that weird that they're cousins - and it can be **justified.

"He's good-looking as well and as we all know, Lauren's a bit of a weirdo. She loves it really, she's like 'This could really p*ss off my dad'."

She added: "It's not her biggest motivation, though, as she really does fall for Joey."

Viewers will see Joey and Lauren's relationship deepen over the coming months, with explosive consequences. Jossa's co-star David Witts recently described the upcoming scenes between the pair as "absolutely humongous" and said they were "just what [his character] needed".

EastEnders' Lauren Branning will leave her mum's wedding plans in tatters after embarking on a destructive rampage.

Viewers will see the Albert Square wildchild - played by Jacqueline Jossa - spiral out of control as Tanya prepares to marry Max.

© BBC

According to the Daily Star Sunday, Lauren leaves a trail of destruction in her wake in the buildup to her mum's big day, cutting up Tanya's wedding dress, smashing the cake and ruining her dad's suit.

In the aftermath, her parents are said to be so *upset that they even discuss cancelling their Christmas nuptials.

"Her parents have been planning their special day for months and finally, when everything is done, Lauren loses it," revealed a show insider.

"She goes* crazy, smashing up the house and all the wedding stuff. Her parents are disgusted with her and, with no dress, Tanya is adamant the wedding is off.

"She sees it as a sign not to get married. Whether or not they go through with it remains to be seen."

© BBC

In the run-up to Christmas, Lauren's behaviour is due to become more and more erratic. After entering into a passionate affair with her cousin Joey (David Witts) and making a narrow escape from a dramatic car crash, viewers will see her turn to drink as she tries to come to terms with her feelings.

"Lauren has always been wild but by the time the wedding approaches she has gone *completely off the rails - again," the source explained.

"One thing's for sure, she is not going to be forgiven this time. And if [Max and Tanya] do manage to *salvage their special day there's no way Lauren will be *welcome."
    Last edited by alan45; 04-11-2012 at 14:20.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders executive producer Lorraine Newman has revealed that Lauren Branning's binge-drinking plot will come to a head this spring.

Newman described the teenager as "very troubled" in an interview posted on the BBC's official EastEnders blog.

When asked what is in store for Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) and her cousin and lover Joey (David Witts) this year, Newman said: "Lauren's obviously very troubled. A huge amount of what we're seeing now is to do with what's been going on with her parents for such a long time.

"It's a tough one covering the issue of binge drinking because inevitably, in order for it to have sufficient impact, it has to go on for a considerable amount of time. There's a real danger that it will become unpalatable and that you won't have too much empathy for the character."

"We will see Lauren's story come to a peak [in 2013], but how will she deal with it? Will she come out the other side? What kind of impact is it going to have on her family?

"Again, it's a huge issue story, something that's affecting so many teens, and the impact that it's having on the parents and the siblings is huge, it's something we'll be going into major detail with."

Newman also hailed Jossa's skill as an actress, expressing her belief that "those moments of vulnerability we get from her are amazing".

"We weren't sure quite how [Lauren and Joey] being cousins would sit with the audience, but the audience do seem to adore them as a pairing over and above this. So there's clearly still plenty of story to unfold there," she added.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz2pDNy2X5G

EastEnders character Lauren Branning will get her drink spiked by best friend Lucy Beale in an upcoming storyline.

The teenager, played by Jacqueline Jossa, has spent the past few months battling a drink problem, but finally gives up alcohol to save her relationship with cousin Joey (David Witts).

Lucy, played by Hetti Bywater, can't stand to see the pair happy together and decides she wants Joey back following their brief fling.

In scenes to be aired next month, Lucy spikes newly sober Lauren's drink with alcohol and watches as she makes a fool of herself.

Joey dumps her, convinced that she has been drinking behind his back - which sends Lauren's life spiralling out of control.

An EastEnders insider told the Daily Star Sunday: "It's going to be emotional to watch Lauren go through it all again as she's already been through so many battles with the bottle."

I really can't stand Lucy, she's horrible.

Lauren's growing on me as a character, it has take me a while to get used to the new actress

I really can't stand Lucy, she's horrible.

Lauren's growing on me as a character, it has take me a while to get used to the new actress

EastEnders teen Lauren Branning is arrested later this month after her behaviour spirals completely out of control.

A shocking outburst from Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) occurs after her rival Lucy Beale (Hetti Bywater) winds her up once too often.

The drama begins when Lauren's cousin and ex-boyfriend Joey (David Witts) spots her arguing with her sister Abi and heads over to check whether everything is okay.

When a jealous Lucy spots the intimacy between the former couple, she returns to her scheming ways by deliberately goading Lauren. Taking the bait, a furious Lauren punches Lucy in the face.

Joey immediately tries to restrain Lauren, but she loses control even further by grabbing a sugar jar and throwing it through the café window, before storming off to the Queen Vic for more alcohol.

Unfortunately for Lauren, she must face the consequences of her actions as the police soon arrive at the pub to arrest her for assaulting Lucy…

EastEnders airs these scenes on Thursday, May 30 and Friday, May 31 on BBC One
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders star Jacqueline Jossa has revealed that Lauren's stepmother Kirsty Branning is very aware she has a drinking problem.

Lauren's drinking continues to spiral out of control in the coming weeks, causing her dad Max (Jake Wood) and his wife Kirsty (Kierston Wareing) to take action.

Jossa said to Soaplife: "Lauren doesn't see it as a problem. She believes she is only drinking as much as anyone else.

"She doesn't become aware of how intense her problem is but Kirsty does. Kirsty knows addiction and can spot the signs but Lauren is like 'No'.

"Kirsty makes Max realise that Lauren needs help."

Jossa also admits that Lauren is relieved when Max tries to get her back on the straight and narrow.

Jossa said: "Lauren's annoyed that Tanya thinks she needs to be locked up because in her head, she can stop drinking whenever she wants.

"She sees Max is on her side, which is nice, but that is too much pressure on her. He will try and make her stop drinking and she doesn't think she can.

"She fears she will let everyone down."

Thread Information