Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisdom Tooth

Wisdom Tooth

Was at the dentist today and was told i need to have a wisdom tooth removed.

I am terrified of the dentist the last time i had a wisdom tooth removed it took 45 mins and actually had the dentist practically sitting on me due to the tooth breaking and some problems with the nerves.

I refused to let him do it this morning and asked if he would refer me to go private (i dont mind paying the money) and pay to get knocked out. He refused to do this saying there was no need.

Does anyone know if i can book this on my own without being refered by the dentist??

He was really unsympathetic i was crying and even the thought of it and the only thing he could say was that i was only prolonging my pain..

You can ask for a second opinion at your practice and request to have the tooth removed under anaesthetic at a hospital.

I don't think you would need to be referred by and NHS dentist to a private surgery. Ring up a few places and see what they say.
    Thanks CrazyLea

i agree, i would think you could just book an appointment to go privately. hope you manage to get it sorted soon
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Change your dentist if he's that unsympathetic.

Carol

i know this is an old thread but thought id update you after much dodging of the dentist finally went and got the wisdom tooth on thursday - switched dentists (new one is fab) and everything went fine didnt even cry, which is something that happens every time i go to the dentist.

Only problem is now that bruise quite badly and the inside of my mouth hurts so much i cant actually open my mouth wide enough to eat anything but hopefully that will wear off in a few days

My niece just became a dentist so I'm switching to her. My wisdom teeth keep threatening to come out.

I had mine removed at the beginning of last month and it was painful no eating for about 3 wks and painkillers
    it was painful but eventually things get better

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    I had mine removed at the beginning of last month and it was painful no eating for about 3 wks and painkillers

oh dont say that lol i enjoy eating too much to not have solids for 3 weeks

ive been popping pills all day but they dont seem to even be taking the edge off it im just going to have to put up with it

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    My niece just became a dentist so I'm switching to her. My wisdom teeth keep threatening to come out.
    First think carefully about this

Did you do anything to annoy her as a child????

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post

oh dont say that lol i enjoy eating too much to not have solids for 3 weeks

ive been popping pills all day but they dont seem to even be taking the edge off it im just going to have to put up with it
    I was on jelly, ice cream and soup for a little while along with painkillers
    If the pain becomes too much it could be worth going back to the dentist as it could be infected

Thread Information