Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fern Britton leaving This Morning

I thought that Phil is getting a lot more money only for hosting This Morning, I had the impression that he gets paid separately for the other shows. I thought that Fern is miffed that she does not get offered to host the other shows.

Phil has a different contract to Fern. They are both contracted for This Morning and a game show, and Phil has some other programs.

The difference between their (reported) salaries is huge. Phil earns more than twice Fern. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was paid so much less when my co worker did a few extra hours a week for a couple of months a year.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Then I can fully understand and support Fern's decision. But with the way things are going, Mr Schofield might have to tighten his belt a bit because I can't see any new contracts attracting quite the same salary figure, nor should they. The popular radio/tv show hosts are getting paid way too much imo.

TV host Fern Britton quit the British Soap Awards last night in further evidence of a rift with her co-presenter Phillip Schofield.
    And she gave ITV bosses another slap in the face by agreeing to take a plum job at the BBC barely a day after handing in her notice at This Morning.

Yesterday, Fern, 51, put on a brave face by telling This Morning viewers that talk of a rift was “b******s”.

But her decision to pull out of the Soap Awards means Phillip — who she has presented the event with for the past three years — will have to front it alone in May.

Fern is thought to have been on about £20,000 for hosting the show — with Phillip, 46, on TWICE as much.

Insiders said “no one was surprised" at her pull-out.

One said: “Would you want to stand next to someone when they’re getting paid twice as much?”

Fern quit her £750,000-a-year This Morning job after ten years amid claims she was fuming at the £2million earnings of ITV golden boy Phillip.

BBC bosses stepped in yesterday by offering her a job hosting a new light entertainment show — which she accepted.

Her switch across channels will pave the way for Melanie Sykes to take Fern’s job on This Morning.

Insiders claim former model Melanie, 38, who hosted a daytime TV show with Des O’Connor until 2006, has already been offered a contract.

An ITV source said: “Fern’s replacement is in a one-horse race.

“This Morning is determined to sign Melanie and made a formal approach today.”

Fern mouthed the word “b******s to the This Morning cameras yesterday as she tried to brush off talk of a rift with her silver-haired co-host.

She then joked: “That was for our deaf viewers!”

She called Phillip “simply the best” but said: “I’m ready for a change. I do have another Phil (Vickery, her TV chef husband) in my life.”

But Fern refused to thank Phillip on Wednesday when she announced she would be leaving This Morning in July before her contract is up.

Sources told The Sun she was furious that ITV failed to give her more high-profile jobs — while turning Dancing On Ice host Phillip into a major star.

He has a £2million ITV contract and pockets a £45,000 an episode for co-hosting Mr & Mrs with Fern — while she picks up only £15,000.

But she will continue to front the game show as the deal is already signed.

Other possible contenders for Fern’s This Morning job are Holly Willoughby, Kate Garraway and Fiona Phillips.

I will not watch it if Melanie Sykes or Fiona Philips take over

OK her lies about her weight loss didnt help her public imagine but both her and Phil do an equal great job on the show and should get paid the same and with the current economic state maybe each a little less

The show wont be the same without Fern

I like Melanie Sykes she's always happy and cheerful, used to like watching her with Des O'Connor in the afternoon.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

FERN Britton is switching to the BBC to star in a new quiz — the first testing TV knowledge since 80s hit Telly Addicts.

The host, who quit ITV1’s This Morning earlier this week, has signed as a team captain on the show.

An insider told us: “Telly is the nation’s favourite habit and there hasn’t been a programme like this for some time.”

The last quiz based on watching the box was Noel Edmonds’ hit Telly Addicts, which ran from 1985 until 1998.

But a source on BBC1’s latest primetime production said: “This is a brand new show.

“The basic premise is a quiz about TV, but it’s going to be thoroughly modern and updated.”

Fern, 51, and the rival team captain will be officially unveiled next week.

She announced she was leaving her £750,000-a-year This Morning job amid rumours of a rift with co-host Phillip Schofield, 46.

We revealed Fern discovered he earned up to three times more than her thanks to a £2million golden handcuffs deal.

She has also quit this year’s British Soap Awards, leaving Phil to host alone.

The BBC said: “We’re thrilled to have Fern on board.”

Melanie Sykes has emerged as the leading candidate to replace Fern Britton on ITV show This Morning.

Britton announced her resignation from the programme earlier this week, but rejected reports that her decision was based on a rift with co-host Phillip Schofield.

An ITV source told The Sun: "Fern's replacement is in a one-horse race. This Morning is determined to sign Melanie and made a formal approach today."

Sykes recently revealed that she had turned down an offer to appear on Strictly Come Dancing because she wanted to avoid reality TV shows during her career.

Can't stand her, glad I don't watch This Morning very often as I am working. Not keen on Ruth but prefer her to Melanie.

Shame Fern is leaving, her and Phillip are a class double act, i will miss her when she is gone, i hope Ruth does not replace her, can't stand her on it fridays never mind full time. I used to love Fiona on GMTV maybe would like to see her take over, but really i dont think anyone can replace Fern

Sig dedicated to Charley

tbh she still gets a huge amount of money for hosting a tv show, if i was earning that sort of money i wouldnt be complaining! yeh ok it might not be fair if hes getting paid more than her for the same show, but why should that cause a rift between them, its not his fault itv are paying him more
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information