Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fern Britton leaving This Morning

Fern Britton leaving This Morning

It has been announced that Fern Britton is leaving This Morning to pursue other avenues and spend more time with her family.

Her last day on This Morning will be on July 17th, which is also her birthday.

I wonder who they will get in to replace her. I hope it is not Ruth Landsford on a full-time basis, I can't take to her at all.

SBBB - Next Clue - Two mouthy ladies, locked in a room. What a twist!
    Last edited by Bryan; 22-06-2009 at 19:27.

all the lies finished fern! anyway this morning is getting axed isnt it?
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww i love fern!!!

i couldnt imagine it without fern and phil i love fern!!!

and god that ruth woman, i dont even watch it when shes on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww i love fern!!!
    i like fern myself she was good at her job
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Awwwww! It wont be This Morning without her

I only watch This Morning when Phil and Fern are on. Ruth and Eamon just don't cut it, they don't have the relationship like Phil and Fern do.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Fern Britton left her job as a co-host of This Morning because of her pay gap with Phillip Schofield, it has been claimed.

Britton quit the ITV show yesterday and said that she was looking forward to doing other things and spending more time with her family.

However, the presenter is said to be unhappy that she has not been given other high-profile television jobs, while Schofield has fronted a number of other shows, The Sun reports.

An insider said: "Phillip is a huge name at ITV these days and is absolutely raking it in while Fern hasn't done much else.

"It hasn't sat well with her the way she's been treated by ITV, so many of us are not surprised she is off."

Last month, it was reported that Schofield earned much more than Britton in their respective contracts with the channel.

It seems that Equality and Diversity is still an issue in the 21st century and men still earn a lot more than women doing the same job.

yea i heard about this, apparently she's quite stuck up.
    she wasnt being very nice because he gets payed more then her, so i think she quit because of that. not because she wants to 'spend more time with the family' just my opinion.
    and my local radio stations lol (:
    Last edited by Lysette; 26-03-2009 at 12:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Fern Britton left her job as a co-host of This Morning because of her pay gap with Phillip Schofield, it has been claimed.

Britton quit the ITV show yesterday and said that she was looking forward to doing other things and spending more time with her family.

However, the presenter is said to be unhappy that she has not been given other high-profile television jobs, while Schofield has fronted a number of other shows, The Sun reports.

An insider said: "Phillip is a huge name at ITV these days and is absolutely raking it in while Fern hasn't done much else.

"It hasn't sat well with her the way she's been treated by ITV, so many of us are not surprised she is off."

Last month, it was reported that Schofield earned much more than Britton in their respective contracts with the channel.

It seems that Equality and Diversity is still an issue in the 21st century and men still earn a lot more than women doing the same job.
    That is the point though, they are not doing the same job - Phil has other shows that are covered by his contract and therefore deserves more money.

Thread Information