Thread: Mills 'signs £3m Burger King deal'

Mills 'signs £3m Burger King deal'

Heather Mills has signed a £3 million deal to promote vegetarian food at Burger King, according to a report.

The ex-wife of Sir Paul McCartney has apparently agreed to back the launch of a new meat-free burger at the chain's 11,350 outlets worldwide.

A friend told The People: "Heather is ecstatic. She believes she can change the eating habits of millions. She's also being paid a lot of money and the deal will help boost her standing."

News of Mills's deal comes just three months after McCartney announced plans to revamp his late wife Linda's vegetarian food range.

A source close to McCartney commented: "Sir Paul will probably see a certain sense of irony in Heather's career move. But he won't be fuming. If more people become vegetarian as a result of this, then some good will come out of it."

Mills has also decided to launch a range of plant-based food at her new seaside cafe.

A spokesperson for the ex-model said: "Heather has been a vegan ever since she lost her leg and she has been developing and refining vegan recipes ever since."

All I have to say is its called Burger king, so why are the burgers sooooo pants!?

I prefer BK to MacD anytime

I dont the burgers are just pathetic to me, rubbish which Is why me and my friends dont entirely understand their name

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

A friend told The People: "Heather is ecstatic. She believes she can change the eating habits of millions. She's also being paid a lot of money and the deal will help boost her standing."
    Wrong on both accounts I'm afraid.

After what Miss Mills did to Sir Paul, the majority of the country hates her guts. Promoting one meat free burger in a fast food restaurant is NOT going to make her popular.

I'm sure BK could have come up with someone far better than her.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Goodness knows what they put in them and where the meat has come from! I prefer to make my own, nowadays I just get chips in a fast food restaurant.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

Wrong on both accounts I'm afraid.

After what Miss Mills did to Sir Paul, the majority of the country hates her guts. Promoting one meat free burger in a fast food restaurant is NOT going to make her popular.

I'm sure BK could have come up with someone far better than her.
    Perhaps she is not getting paid as much as we are led to believe. And this project will fail, like you said, the majority of people don't like after the divorce going-ons. I cerainly will NOT go and try one of them.

I couldn't care less how much she's getting paid. She's a gold digger through and through. I definitely won't be having one.

One person promoting one vegi burger in one chain is not going to change the habits of millions. She needs to get her head out of the clouds. Better yet, scoot off back to America, they like her over there
    Thanks CrazyLea

what were burger king thinking? surely using her isnt going to positively promote their burger! i might see what its like as macdonalds dont do any sort of veggie burger anymore, but going from past experience im guessing i wont like it! and i dont think she should be doing it to try and change peoples eating habits, not only is it a very naive unrealistic view, but no one should want to persuade people to doing what they think is right. im a vegetarian but if others want to eat meat thats fine with me, theres no way id even think about trying to persuade people to stop, its their choice, they can eat meat if they want, who am i to try and stop them
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

The whole point of these junk, fast food restaurants is that they are for eating fast food that is full of junk. If Heather is serious about selling vegan burgers or other food then why doesn't she open her own vegan fast food outlet. People go into BK, McD's or KFC for one reason to buy junk food they are not caring about the little chcken or cow who they are scoffing.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information