Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Melrose Place Reboot

Melrose Place star Ashlee Simpson-wentz has no idea what sort of scandal will unfold on the upcoming TV series - because the show's producers refuse to let her read future scripts.

TV bosses at the CW network are going to great lengths to ensure the remake of the 1990s soap opera is kept under wraps and have banned the cast from reading upcoming plotlines.

And the singer/actress is counting down the days until the show airs in the U.S. in September - so she can finally find out secrets about her character, Violet Foster, a small-town girl new to Los Angeles.

She tells MTV.com, "I play the girl that's straight-off-the-bus. It's exciting because we don't get to see the next episode. We don't get to read the scripts until we're actually about to shoot it, and everyone is dying to know what's going to happen to their characters, so it's fun. It'll be exciting to play that arc."

And the 24 year old isn't ruling out a guest appearance from her husband, Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz: "He hangs with me, but we don't read lines. I'm sure he would (make a cameo) if I asked him to!"

Why? 90210 barely works!

EW.com has learned exclusively that Daphne Zuniga -- last seen on One Tree Hill -- will reprise her role as photographer Jo Reynolds in The CW's reboot of Melrose Place this fall. She'll guest star in at least two episodes; her character returns to town after enjoying success in her career as a professional photographer.

Zuniga is the fourth member of the original Melrose Place cast to sign onto The CW's update; Josie Bissett, who played Jane Andrews Mancini, is also expected to make a guest-starring appearance this fall while Laura Leighton (Sydney) and Thomas Calabro (Michael) will recur. Melrose Place debuts Sept. 8.

Kelly Carlson, an actress perhaps best known for playing Kimber Henry on Nip/Tuck, will be playing a madam who eventually entices Lauren to work for her as part of her prostitution ring.

Brooke Burns is joining the cast of the CW's Melrose Place for a multi-episode arc.

Burns will play Vanessa, who is the wife of Thomas Calabro's Dr. Michael Mancini and the mother of his younger son, Noah. (Michael Mancini was the only character to appear on the original Melrose for its entire seven-season run.)

As you'll soon see for yourselves in the new Melrose Place pilot, which premieres Sept. 8 on the CW, Calabro's Mancini is majorly at odds with his older son, David, who is played by Shaun Sipos.

Now that he's appearing on a CBS sitcom in the fall, Grant Show says he's open to appearing on sister network CW's Melrose Place.

"We've been talking, but nothing solid," Show says. "I'm not opposed to it." In the meantime, Show will co-star with Jenna Elfman on CBS' unplanned-pregnancy sitcom Accidentally on Purpose.

How or when might Show's Jake return to the Melrose fold? Show says that's still TBD. "They haven't come up with the writing for me yet," he says. "I'm not sure they're even going to need me this year — maybe next year."

Victor Webster has been cast in the recurring role of Caleb Brewer on the new MELROSE PLACE. AfterElton.com reports that Webster is Ella's (Katie Cassidy) boss and will appear in four of the first six episodes. According to executive producer Todd Slavkin, Caleb is a very masculine, type-A gay man, a rarity on television.

Los Angeles-based, French Couturier Lloyd Klein is moving to Melrose Place to create exclusive looks for the revamped TV show.

Klein, a favourite designer of Hayden Panettiere, Marissa Miller and Eva Longoria Parker, has been recruited to develop signature fashion pieces for Katie Cassidy’s character Ella, a publicist known for creating trends.

It's the second major show to land Klein's expertise - he has also provided key looks for the Ugly Betty wardrobe department.

Melrose Place has booked Channing Tatum’s real-life bride, dancer-turned-actress Jenna Dewan, for a multi-episode arc. The Step Up star will play a young movie studio exec who takes a liking to wannabe Tarantino, Jonah (Michael Rady), in at least two episodes.

Melrose gets rebooted on The CW beginning Sept. 8.

When does it start?

Thread Information