Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Melrose Place Reboot

Melrose Place Reboot

Former Melrose Place star Lisa Rinna is reportedly hoping to reprise her role in The CW's forthcoming reboot.

The actress, who played Taylor McBride in the original 1990s series, was photographed running through Los Angeles wearing a sandwich board that read: "Honk 4 Lisa Rinna on the new Melrose Place."

She later told E! News that she had been filming a skit for a TV show, adding: "I said why not? Because, you know me, I'll do anything."

However, the star previously admitted that she would love to appear in the remake but feared her more famous co-stars such as Heather Locklear would be given first preference.

"I'm way down on the totem pole," she said. "You know, this one doesn't want to do it, that one doesn't want to do it, so I'm just hoping that they get down far enough to me, where they're finally like, 'Oh, just call Lisa... Just hire her, for God's sake! Stop her begging!'"

Earlier this week, a representative for Locklear told Entertainment Weekly that she had passed on the opportunity to return as Amanda Woodward in the reworked soap.

Former Home and Away star Stephanie Jacobsen is the latest cast member to join the new version of Melrose Place, reports TV Fanatic.

The actress, who starred as Doctor Charlotte Adams in the soap, has signed on to play Lauren, a medical student at UCLA, who moonlights as a high-end call girl.

Jacobsen, 28, joins Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and former All My Children star Colin Egglesfield in The CW's remake of the classic series.

I loved Melrose Place 1st time round - Charlotte from SATC played a B**** called Brooke in it -Melrose Place was the reason I got a Sky box in so I could follow it.

We Love Soaps is reporting that Laura Leighton has signed on for the CW's Melrose Place remake. Heather Locklear has already passed on reprising her iconic role as Amanda Woodward, so Leighton does seem like a good choice to bring back. The only trouble is that she died at the end of season five - her character Sydney Andrews was knocked down by a car on her wedding day. It will be interesting to see how they explain that away.

Series regulars already signed up for the Melrose remake include Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Colin Egglesfield. Leighton will have a recurring role on the show and her character Sydney is supposedly the new landlord.

http://www.tvweek.com/video/preview-new-season/

Melrose Place Preview - Sydney's back from the dead

The CW has officially picked up the updated version of Melrose Place, the campy 1990s series revolving around a group of twentysomethings who live in a swanky L.A. apartment complex. The new version adheres to the same premise, but with a murder-mystery twist introduced in the pilot.

While the original series included an openly gay male character, this one includes a bisexual woman: Stylish publicist Ella, played by Katie Cassidy (Taken, Harper's Island), who is in a casual relationship with fellow apartment-dweller David (Shaun Sipos).

Ella's bisexuality will reportedly be revealed in the pilot via a kiss at a club. The casting call for the pilot included an "early 20's, gorgeous, exotic model type who catches 'Ella's' (Katie Cassidy) eye in a club and they share a passionate same sex kiss."

Laura Leighton has revealed details about the upcoming reboot of Melrose Place.

Leighton and another original Melrose alumni, Thomas Calabro, are on board for the new version of the classic US soap, TV Guide reports.

The actress played scheming Sydney Andrews until 1997 when her character was killed off in a plot which is addressed in the update.

"We're chipping away at it," Leighton said. "There is an explanation that I think is going to be slowly unravelled."

It is understood that Sydney will sleep with the son of Calabro’s Dr. Michael Mancini - who she manipulated into marriage during the show's first run.

She added: "Sydney has most likely always maintained some sort of relationship with Michael. It's been complicated, and that's not going to change."

Following Heather Locklear's decision to pass on the opportunity to reprise her role as the residence’s landlady Amanda Woodward, Sydney will collect the rent from the Los Angeles apartment complex's occupants.

Melrose Place originally aired for seven seasons from 1992 to 1999.

No Amanda?
    But Heather made the show so interesting!

Josie Bissett will return to her former television residence on Melrose Place, it has been reported.

The actress, who played Jane Andrews Mancini on the original version, will reprise her role and join former castmates Thomas Calabro and Laura Leighton on the CW’s reboot of the popular nighttime drama, People reports.

Her part in the series is said to be limited to a guest star capacity in at least one episode.

Bissett portrayed the older sister of Leighton’s Sydney Andrews character and was the one-time wife of Calabro’s Dr Michael Mancini. She left the show in 1997, but returned for the final two seasons in 1998 and 1999.

Former co-star Andrew Shue, who played Billy Campbell, recently said that the update of the programme was not a good idea.

Melrose Place originally aired on the Fox network for seven seasons from 1992 to 1999, while the new format will debut on September 8 on the CW.

Why would they want to go back and remake this?
    I can't see this being as good as before

Thread Information