Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Dyer (Mick Carter)

EastEnders has debuted the first picture of the Carter family.

The addition of the Carter children, Johnny and Nancy, has also been confirmed, with Sam Strike and Maddy Hill joining the cast of the BBC soap.

The Carter family in Albert Square. Nancy Carter (MADDY HILL), Johnny Carter (SAM STRIKE), Linda Carter (KELLIE BRIGHT), Mick Carter (DANNY DYER), Shirley Carter (LINDA HENRY), Tina Carter (LUISA BRADSHAW WHITE)
    © BBC

Parents Mick (Danny Dyer) and Linda (Kellie Bright) will arrive in Albert Square later this year to take over the Queen Vic.

Speaking about his casting, Strike said: ''I'm really excited to be joining EastEnders and the Carter family. They're all really strong characters and I can't wait to see what EastEnders has planned for us all.

"I've grown up watching Danny and Kellie, both of whom are lovely, so to be playing their son is kind of surreal."

Hill added: "I feel incredibly privileged to have been given such an amazing opportunity and I can't wait to start work with such a talented cohort of actors."

Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer on set at EastEnders
    © BBC

The family will join Shirley (Linda Henry) and Tina (Luisa Bradshaw-White) in Walford. Bradshaw-White will make her first appearance as Tina next month.

Dominic Treadwell-Collins, executive producer on the serial drama, said: "My team have worked incredibly hard over the past few months to create the Carters - a contemporary British family with cracks, knocked edges and a touch of darkness that is going to make them very special to watch.

"A family of strong characters who love and hate each other, all rooted in the best traditions of EastEnders," he teased
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders' new recruit Danny Dyer has revealed more about his upcoming role as Mick Carter.

It was announced last month that Dyer had landed the role as the new Queen Vic landlord and would move to Walford with his family in tow.

The Carter family in Albert Square. Nancy Carter (MADDY HILL), Johnny Carter (SAM STRIKE), Linda Carter (KELLIE BRIGHT), Mick Carter (DANNY DYER), Shirley Carter (LINDA HENRY), Tina Carter (LUISA BRADSHAW WHITE)
    © BBC
    The Carter Family

Speaking on last night's episode of Celebrity Juice, Dyer admitted that he is enjoying life on the soap, saying: "I love it. It's a good job. I'm honoured. Mick is a lovely fella. He is a family man and not a villain."

Dyer also confirmed that he will be making his debut on the soap during the Christmas Day episode and added that his character could surprise people.

Dyer said: "You'll be surprised. It isn't what you would expect. It is a good role and I am happy."

Mick Carter will be joined by wife Linda (Kellie Bright) and their children Johnny (Sam Strike) and Nancy (Maddy Hill).

EastEnders' new recruit Danny Dyer has promised that viewers can expect a "flawless" entrance for his character Mick Carter when he arrives on Christmas Day.

The actor began filming at the BBC soap last month in the role of Mick, who is Shirley's brother and the new landlord of the Queen Vic.

Speaking on BBC Radio 1 this afternoon (November 20), Dyer said that he is delighted with his festive debut.

He explained: "I can't ask for anything more. If I come in, I want to come in. It's flawless, but it's not going to be what you expect."

Dyer also admitted that he took some time before accepting the offer to join EastEnders.

"I thought long and hard about it and it's just come at the right time in my career," he commented. "I've always respected soap actors because it's a tough gig and I've learnt that.

"On a film, a good 12-hour day, you do nine pages - that's a day. You're doing 25 pages before lunch on EastEnders."

Mick will be joining Albert Square with his wife Linda, son Johnny and daughter Nancy.

It was confirmed today that Linda, played by Kellie Bright, will make her first appearance on December 19 in the build-up to Christmas.

BBC One controller Charlotte Moore has praised new EastEnders cast member Danny Dyer.

Speaking at a BAFTA session today (December 2), Moore promised viewers that Dyer is going to change the "dynamics" of the soap when he arrives during the festive period.

She said: "We've got Danny Dyer arriving at Christmas. I went to the set the other day to watch Danny and he is an extraordinary presence on the set of EastEnders - it's very exciting."

Moore continued: "He's just a big, big character and bringing him into the Vic is going to change a lot of the dynamics of EastEnders - and Dominic [Treadwell-Collins], who is the new editor of EastEnders, is driving huge change."

Danny Dyer will arrive as new character Mick Carter on Christmas Day, along with his family, to become the new landlord of the Queen Vic.

Charlotte Moore also spoke about social media and how it should never dictate programming decisions.

BBC One controller Charlotte Moore has praised new EastEnders cast member Danny Dyer.

Speaking at a BAFTA session today (December 2), Moore promised viewers that Dyer is going to change the "dynamics" of the soap when he arrives during the festive period.

She said: "We've got Danny Dyer arriving at Christmas. I went to the set the other day to watch Danny and he is an extraordinary presence on the set of EastEnders - it's very exciting."

Moore continued: "He's just a big, big character and bringing him into the Vic is going to change a lot of the dynamics of EastEnders - and Dominic [Treadwell-Collins], who is the new editor of EastEnders, is driving huge change."

Danny Dyer will arrive as new character Mick Carter on Christmas Day, along with his family, to become the new landlord of the Queen Vic.

Charlotte Moore also spoke about social media and how it should never dictate programming decisions.

he is very friendly with sadie lately

Last edited by tammyy2j; 22-01-2014 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he is very friendly with sadie lately
    I hope no affair, I like his relationship with Linda

Danny Dyer has spoken about his first fight scene in EastEnders.

The actor - who plays Queen Vic landlord Mick Carter in the BBC soap - told Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw that he was filming his first set of punches today (March 28).

"It's a good day today because I knock someone's spark out," he told the breakfast show host.

"I can't tell you who unfortunately, but it's the first time I get to swing a dig.

"I'm in order as well," he added. "They deserve it!"

"It's one clump... and obviously it's a geezer; I wouldn't hit a woman," explained Dyer.

"He goes right over. You know, it's going to be a long day, but there'll be plenty of clumping."

The actor - who first appeared in the soap last December - recently admitted that he was frustrated that "posh boy" Benedict Cumberbatch never has problems getting taken seriously, especially when it comes to theatre work.

"I play working class people, and I get mocked for it," he told Woman magazine.

"I'm stereotyped, he's not. I've done plays at the National Theatre, come off stage and gone into the bar and I ain't got nothing in common with those people."

I am really enjoying Danny as Mick Carter

Thread Information