Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Dyer (Mick Carter)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    It's cheaper to pay ugly blokes so there will be no more tottie for a while Shiv.
    I think Sawyer and Sean bean should come in, shoot up the town, beat a few of them up and save the good one (ok, just dot and pat, maybe shirley and heather) and kick the rest out..
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Ok.. out of all the "hottie" they promised only Dr J has lived up to that name...
    nah i dont really like him, i think its the hair, especially after he was wearing that headband the other day!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

That hairband is what is putting me off too

Danny Dyer has said that he has not ruled out the possibility of starring in EastEnders in the future.

The 31-year-old movie star was first linked to the soap in March, but admitted that he got "cold feet" after holding meetings with the show's producers.

"You know what, I was thinking about doing [EastEnders], but it just came at the wrong time for me," he told DS. "I'm very flattered that the BBC came to me and put the idea to me. But at the same time, I've got four movies coming out this year and unfortunately it's the wrong time for me to do it.

"The BBC do churn out some good talent on that show and I respect the actors that are in it because it's a really fast process."

When asked if there is any chance of him starring in the BBC show in the future, he answered: "Never say never."

Last month, however, a show source echoed their confusion over the situation over Dyer. They told DS at the time: "Everyone's more than a little confused. One of Danny's people actually called to arrange a meeting with John [Yorke] - which he happily went to - and the next thing, Danny's quoted as saying that producers want him to 'save' the programme."

They added: "EastEnders is in good form at the moment and certainly doesn't need rescuing! Everyone's quite flattered he apparently likes the show so much, though - and he'd certainly set a few hearts fluttering on set."

Dyer's big screen credits include Human Traffic, The Football Factory and upcoming zombie comedy Doghouse.

He has joined now

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...166401/photo/1 - The front page of tomorrow's Sun newspaper
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-10-2013 at 00:43.

EastEnders bosses have cast Danny Dyer to play the new landlord of the Queen Vic.

Dyer has landed the role of Shirley Carter's brother Mick, who will move to Walford with his family at the end of the year and immediately take over at The Vic after it goes up for sale.

Kellie Bright is also joining the cast of EastEnders as Mick's wife Linda.

Mick is the youngest of the Carter siblings but although he has always adored his sister Shirley, they have been estranged for years due to animosity between her and Linda.

Billed as a "bloke's bloke", Mick loves his wife, children and dog - and viewers will soon learn that he is a "big softie" at heart.

Speaking of his new role, Dyer commented: "I'm so excited about starting a new chapter in my career and I cannot wait to become part of the East End family."

Linda, meanwhile, has been with Mick since they were teenagers and she has been a barmaid for most of her life.

It's clear to most that Linda wasn't blessed with brains, but beneath her fluffy exterior is a tough woman who will always fight tooth and nail for her family - especially her children.

Bright explained: "I'm very excited about joining the show. Not only am I looking forward to working with Danny, but becoming landlady of The Vic is a real honour."

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "I'm so excited to have actors of Danny and Kellie's calibre joining what is an already strong and talented company of actors. Having been together over 20 years, Mick and Linda have a good marriage and an easy shorthand with each other - but can also still fight like teenagers.

"They will laugh, cry, argue and make up - much to the embarrassment of their children and the delight of Albert Square's residents. Mick and Linda still love each other, no matter what life throws at them. And moving from Watford to Walford, life's about to throw them a few curve balls…"

Dyer began his acting career at the age of 16 when he appeared in Prime Suspect 3 and he has since appeared in a number of film, TV and theatre roles.

Bright's previous credits include parts in The Upper Hand, Ali G Indahouse and Rock and Chips.

The two new signings will begin filming at EastEnders at the end of October and appear on screen at the end of 2013.

As previously announced, Luisa Bradshaw-White has also joined EastEnders as Tina Carter, Shirley's younger sister.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-10-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-10-2013 at 01:07.

EastEnders bosses have cast Danny Dyer to play the new landlord of the Queen Vic.

Dyer has landed the role of Shirley Carter's brother Mick, who will move to Walford with his family at the end of the year and immediately take over at The Vic after it goes up for sale.

Kellie Bright is also joining the cast of EastEnders as Mick's wife Linda.

Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer on set at EastEnders
    © BBC

Mick is the youngest of the Carter siblings but although he has always adored his sister Shirley, they have been estranged for years due to animosity between her and Linda.

Billed as a "bloke's bloke", Mick loves his wife, children and dog - and viewers will soon learn that he is a "big softie" at heart.

Speaking of his new role, Dyer commented: "I'm so excited about starting a new chapter in my career and I cannot wait to become part of the East End family."

Linda, meanwhile, has been with Mick since they were teenagers and she has been a barmaid for most of her life.

It's clear to most that Linda wasn't blessed with brains, but beneath her fluffy exterior is a tough woman who will always fight tooth and nail for her family - especially her children.

Bright explained: "I'm very excited about joining the show. Not only am I looking forward to working with Danny, but becoming landlady of The Vic is a real honour."

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "I'm so excited to have actors of Danny and Kellie's calibre joining what is an already strong and talented company of actors. Having been together over 20 years, Mick and Linda have a good marriage and an easy shorthand with each other - but can also still fight like teenagers.

"They will laugh, cry, argue and make up - much to the embarrassment of their children and the delight of Albert Square's residents. Mick and Linda still love each other, no matter what life throws at them. And moving from Watford to Walford, life's about to throw them a few curve balls…"

Dyer began his acting career at the age of 16 when he appeared in Prime Suspect 3 and he has since appeared in a number of film, TV and theatre roles.

Bright's previous credits include parts in The Upper Hand, Ali G Indahouse and Rock and Chips.

The two new signings will begin filming at EastEnders at the end of October and appear on screen at the end of 2013.

As previously announced, Luisa Bradshaw-White has also joined EastEnders as Tina Carter, Shirley's younger sister.

hopefully he notices his sister shirley is missing so does this mean kat and alfie are leaving again

EastEnders has debuted the first picture of the Carter family.

The addition of the Carter children, Johnny and Nancy, has also been confirmed, with Sam Strike and Maddy Hill joining the cast of the BBC soap.

The Carter family in Albert Square. Nancy Carter (MADDY HILL), Johnny Carter (SAM STRIKE), Linda Carter (KELLIE BRIGHT), Mick Carter (DANNY DYER), Shirley Carter (LINDA HENRY), Tina Carter (LUISA BRADSHAW WHITE)
    © BBC

Parents Mick (Danny Dyer) and Linda (Kellie Bright) will arrive in Albert Square later this year to take over the Queen Vic.

Speaking about his casting, Strike said: ''I'm really excited to be joining EastEnders and the Carter family. They're all really strong characters and I can't wait to see what EastEnders has planned for us all.

"I've grown up watching Danny and Kellie, both of whom are lovely, so to be playing their son is kind of surreal."

Hill added: "I feel incredibly privileged to have been given such an amazing opportunity and I can't wait to start work with such a talented cohort of actors."

© BBC

The family will join Shirley (Linda Henry) and Tina (Luisa Bradshaw-White) in Walford. Bradshaw-White will make her first appearance as Tina next month.

Dominic Treadwell-Collins, executive producer on the serial drama, said: "My team have worked incredibly hard over the past few months to create the Carters - a contemporary British family with cracks, knocked edges and a touch of darkness that is going to make them very special to watch.

"A family of strong characters who love and hate each other, all rooted in the best traditions of EastEnders," he teased
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information