Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Dyer (Mick Carter)

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    I agree. Was it different scriptwriters in
    the 2 episodes?
    When theres a gap between actions that
    should follow on-often dont make sense!?
    Unfortunately, major inconsistencies are currently endemic in EE. Different scriptwriters shouldn't make much difference because they're given outlines for the episodes they write. The problem occurs when stories are plot driven and characterisations are changed to fit the stories (when it ought to be the other way around).
    Last edited by Dazzle; 17-11-2015 at 18:07.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (17-11-2015), maidmarian (17-11-2015)

shirley don't even make an effort with linda for mick, she could apologise and all of them take small steps instead of giant leaps mick taking

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (15-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Unfortunately, major inconsistencies are currently endemic in EE. Different scriptwriters shouldn't make much difference because they're given outlines for the episodes they write. The problem occurs when stories are plot driven and characterisations are changed to fit the stories (when it ought to be the other way around).
    Probably so - just wonder if it would come across
    in.an outline - how upset Linda was when she
    talked to Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    Probably so - just wonder if it would come across
    in.an outline - how upset Linda was when she
    talked to Mick.
    But they have script editors part of whose job is to ensure consistency.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-11-2015), maidmarian (17-11-2015)

waiting for mick to ask dean to be his best man or linda maid of honour, this is beyond ridiculous now

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    But they have script editors part of whose job is to ensure consistency.
    I always thought they did have continuity editors .

Then over years there has been so many
    glaring errors in soaps in general I.assumed
    they had been dispensed with -together with
    exact dobs&characters established personalities
    to.facilitate retcons etc or as an economy measure.

I didnt realise the task had been xferred to
    another job title!
    From comments read on.forums/ magazines
    I dont think.Im alone.
    If it is still someones job - then I dont think
    its being done particularly well !!

This is the job description for the script editors:

"Reporting to the Script Producer you’ll work as part of a team overseeing episodes from idea stage to delivery to the production crew and through to shoot. Generating creative ideas as well as long term story ideas, you’ll work with the production teams representing the writers’ interests, ensuring their consent to script changes as well as ensuring the scripts are editorially correct, carrying out the necessary checks. In addition you’ll attend the monthly Commissioning meetings offering and suggesting critical and creative suggestions about your week’s episodes. You’ll be responsible for providing writers with the editorial brief needed and ensure they have access to any technical expert or consultant as required. You’ll be restructuring and generating new storylines within your script as well as turning around creative drafts in short spaces of time."

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-11-2015), Glen1 (18-11-2015), Perdita (18-11-2015), Rear window (18-11-2015)

​With punch-ups, live scenes, a deadly lake showdown and getting married in a pink dressing gown, it's been another eventful 12 months for Danny Dyer's EastEnders character Mick Carter. And anyone who's seen Whitney Dean eyeing up the pub landlord recently will know that it's not about to get any quieter.

After so much drama, it's no surprise to see Dyer defending his title in the Serial Drama Performance category at next week's National Television Awards. Here, he chats to Digital Spy about his chances of bagging the prize, Mick's future, his real-life stag plans and a whole lot more...

How are you feeling about the awards nomination?

"I'm absolutely thrilled. I didn't think I'd be up for it again after last year. I was up against Kellie [Bright] last time, which was horrible and a strange feeling as she is one of my best mates. This year from EastEnders I'm up against Rakhee Thakrar, who plays Shabnam. I think she's absolutely amazing and a beautiful actress.

"I'm just going to let nature take its course now. I would love to win it, but I don't know if doing it twice is an impossible mission. Oh, actually Ant and Dec win it every year, don't they? So maybe I could be like the cockney Ant and Dec!"

With Dean's recent arrest, a huge story for the Carters has come to an end. What's next for the family?

"We've resolved the Dean storyline, but it's always going to be lingering in the background. Dean may be gone, but what happened to my L is never going to go away.

"There will start to be some problems in the Carter family again. Whitney's been looking at me a bit funny recently, so there's stuff coming up with her. But just have a bit of faith in Mick Carter, you know? Have a bit of faith in Mick and L's love.

"We've got some heavy stuff coming up. We've had a nice little run, so obviously it's now going to turn completely on its head. It's EastEnders - that's why we love it. And I've got some real gifts coming up this year as an actor."

You and Kellie have both been very open about not wanting an affair storyline. Why is that?

"We're a double act. I think we work brilliantly together. I'm in a loving relationship and Kellie's got a husband in real life, but yet we come together on screen and you actually buy into it and believe it.

"All we really want as human beings on this earth is love. It's a powerful thing - and long may that live on for Mick and Linda. As long as I'm around, I wouldn't want to go down that obvious route of an affair storyline."

Do the producers listen to your input, though?

"Of course they do and we appreciate that. I think there was a reason they brought me and Kellie into the show. We're very experienced actors and I take it very seriously. I'm obsessive, I'm a perfectionist and I love my job.

"I don't like the fame side of it so much - I'm a bit rubbish at that. But with every line that comes out of Mick Carter's mouth, I've thought about it a lot. I didn't create the character, but I breathed life into it. So I try to keep it as truthful and honest as possible."

We have some news for you: our readers recently voted you Best Celebrity Tweeter in our 2015 Awards!

"I'd rather have Best Actor than Best Tweeter! I was always against Twatter, as I used to call it. But then I got involved in it and realised that it actually suits my brain. Sometimes I've made a couple of mistakes, but in general I tweet stuff that I think is going to interest and inspire people.

"I think it's the randomness of my Twitter page that people love more than anything. So that's quite a good award if you think about it, because everyone is on Twitter. And some of the **** they tweet bores me to f**king tears! So I'll take that."

You've got your real-life stag party coming up later this year. Can it compete with your EastEnders one, though?

"I loved my stag do on EastEnders. Again they gave me a bit of an input on that. I think my stag do is going to go on for a lot longer than Mick's did. Mick was upstairs in bed with L by 8pm!

"We're just in January at the moment and we're not getting married until the end of the year, so I'm thinking maybe Vegas, but I don't know. I'm leaving most of it down to the missus, though. Not my stag do! But with the wedding, she's the organiser and the queen bee."

When you look back on your whole career, what are you most proud of?

"Probably working with Harold Pinter - becoming very close to him and being directed by him. They're very proud moments. Another one for me was when I played Sid Vicious in a play called Kurt and Sid at Trafalgar Studios. So it's some of the theatre stuff, really.

"Winning an NTA was also massive thing for me. I think EastEnders is one of my proudest moments as well. I will be straight about that, because I think it's turned everything around for me. It's given me a massive platform. It's one of the biggest shows on the BBC, so to be able to show what I can do on there, that's a real proud thing for me."

What are your biggest career regrets?

"Listen, there's so many disappointments and bad decisions that I've made. The list goes f**king on and on. But it's not that I regret any of it. It's just that you can't make the right decisions all the time. There's not one actor on this planet who hasn't made a bad film or a bad piece of work. That's how we learn.

"It's just that I made quite a few on the spin, which cemented me as a slight joke for a little while. But I feel that you need those mistakes to appreciate the good times. I also never regret feeding the children, because ultimately it is a job and I'm paying the bills. So I've got more highlights than any regrets."

Danny Dyer on Alan Carr: Chatty Man
    © Channel 4
    You've said in a TV chat that you wouldn't do Strictly Come Dancing. How about another reality show?

"No, I don't think I'd last. I think I'm too honest as a human being. I love Vicky Pattison. I think she was brilliant on I'm A Celebrity. I think she got the balance right of being honest and true to herself.

"But I'm not into that reality stuff. I will watch it, but I'm an actor and I've gone off the beaten track enough with the documentaries I used to do. To go and do Big Brother, the thought of that makes me heave. On Strictly, at least you're learning something. But it's hard work - I'm too lazy for that!"

With the awards coming up, what do you like to watch on TV yourself? Anything surprising?

"I like a bit of Flog It. That might surprise you! Not back-to-back episodes though, that'd drive me mad. What else? Time Team. And I love Countryfile after a heavy weekend, when you need to just lie down and watch telly. You need something that gives you a cuddle, and Countryfile certainly gives you a cuddle. So I love a bit of that when I'm eating an apple crumble and custard in my pyjamas. That's sexy, isn't it?!"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-01-2016)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016...n_8988272.html

at least mick wont cheat on his linda

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016...n_8988272.html

at least mick wont cheat on his linda

Thread Information