Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Dyer (Mick Carter)

Danny Dyer (Mick Carter)

EASTENDERS could soon get an injection of cockney grit — from professional geezer Danny Dyer.
    The rhyming slang-slinging actor, 31, is being linked with a major role on the BBC1 soap to help boost ratings.

And Danny, known for roles in films including Human Traffic, has already held talks with BBC drama chief John Yorke about parts.

Insiders reckon he could have just the spark to help the Albert Square drama pummel rivals Coronation Street and Emmerdale.

One said: “Danny is ideal for EastEnders. He’s actually from the East End — and still lives there — and he’s got the whole geezer thing going on.”

The dad-of-two’s previous TV work includes Skins and Hotel Babylon and he also fronts a show about the criminal underworld.

He is said to be keen to join the series.

Last night a BBC spokesperson confirmed Danny had met Yorke but added: “It's very early days. No role has been offered to him.”

Danny Dyer has revealed that he is keen to shed his "hard man" image on BBC soap EastEnders.

The actor confirmed reports that he has been in talks with producers of the Walford-based show recently.

Speaking to New! magazine, he explained: "I love the show and yeah, we have had a few meetings.

"Ideally I'd love to play against type and not always be the hard man, but it's all down to casting and how they see you really."

A show source described Dyer as "ideal" for Albert Square earlier this month, noting: "He's actually from the East End - and still lives there - and he's got the whole geezer thing going on."

Dyer played football hooligan Tommy Johnson in 2004 film The Football Factory. He has also appeared in Skins and Hotel Babylon.

Danny Dyer turns down Walford role

Danny Dyer has scrapped plans to accept a role on BBC soap EastEnders, it was revealed today.
    The Football Factory actor entered talks with controller of BBC drama production John Yorke last month. He later announced that he hoped to shed his "hard man" image on the programme.
    However, Dyer has now called a halt to the career move after realising that he would be unable to cope with the press scrutiny which surrounds the Walford-based show.
    "I quite liked the idea of it. But actually, in reality, I just got cold feet," he told the Daily Star Sunday. "Just from having a meeting it's all over the newspapers and it gave me the horrors. Imagine if I went in it.
    "With the EastEnders thing, the whole publicity gets out of hand. It's like a whole new beast. It's not something I fancy.
    "I didn't come that bad out of it because they said I was going to save the show. I don't want to write it off totally but at this point in my career I think it would be madness."
    Dyer recently made headlines after describing Gavin & Stacey star Mathew Horne as a "rubbish" actor.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i saw him on soccer am and he said he turned eastenders down.....thank god
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Mystery surrounds suggestions that Danny Dyer has been offered a role in BBC soap EastEnders, DS can reveal.

The East-End-born 31-year-old - who is most noted for his role in soccer hooligan film Football Factory - claimed that he was being 'headhunted' for a part in the Walford-based serial after meeting with controller of BBC drama production John Yorke.

More recently, Dyer said that he had scrapped plans to join the soap, despite bosses allegedly lining him up as the show's 'potential saviour'.

However, a source told DS: "Everyone's more than a little confused. One of Danny's people actually called to arrange a meeting with John [Yorke] - which he happily went to - and the next thing, Danny's quoted as saying that producers want him to 'save' the programme."

They added: "EastEnders is in good form at the moment and certainly doesn't need rescuing! Everyone's quite flattered he apparently likes the show so much, though - and he'd certainly set a few hearts fluttering on set."

They won't bring him in now if they can't keep Larry Lamb because of the economic downturn they're not going to sign up Danny.

Ok.. out of all the "hottie" they promised only Dr J has lived up to that name...
    Super Mod

Oh, I quite like the guy that is watching Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Oh, I quite like the guy that is watching Whitney
    he is like 12 or something... nah.. Dr J for me.. thought chelsea was mad picking Theo over him... he is seriously cute (I think it is the dimples that does it for me )
    Super Mod

It's cheaper to pay ugly blokes so there will be no more tottie for a while Shiv.

Thread Information