Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Dingle Tate Sharma (Emma Atkins)

Brilliant, loved her character. Hope she comes back as the rich b***h and gives the Wyldes a good run for their money

Emma Atkins is to make a shock comeback to Emmerdale as Charity Tate later this year as part of the ITV soap's major overhaul.

The 33-year-old, who played the role for five years between 2000 and 2005, is the first in a wave of "stunning new signings" that will inject a new lease of life into the show when it's revamped over the coming months.

The announcement comes two months after producers revealed that Jeff Hordley was returning to the soap as Charity's cousin and former lover, Cain Dingle.

Cain reappears in Emmerdale in April and Charity is due to return with her five-year-old son Noah in a blaze of glory shortly afterwards, to the shock of her daughter Debbie (Charley Webb).

Speaking of her decision to reprise her role, she said: "Charity is a wonderfully complex character and an absolute joy to play. I couldn't resist the opportunity to explore a new era of Charity, Cain and Debbie and will relish seeing what she's been up to since we saw her last."

Series producer Gavin Blyth added: "It's going to be an incredibly exciting year for Emmerdale with Charity and Cain back at the heart of the action.

"This is the first in a series of new signings and intriguing characters on the horizon and we're going to delight in reminding viewers that when it comes to compelling drama and commanding characters, Emmerdale is a force to be reckoned with."

Charity first appeared in Emmerdale in March 2000 for her cousin Butch's funeral, but it later emerged that she was a prostitute on the run from the police. She quickly went on to marry millionaire Chris Tate in 2001, before having an affair with her sister-in-law Zoe.

When Chris died after drinking a poisoned glass of champagne in 2003, it soon transpired that he had committed suicide in an attempt to frame Charity for his murder.

She later went on to have a relationship with Tom King, but on their wedding day, Tom was shown some damning photos of Charity kissing Cain by Sadie, who had hired Cain to set her up.

Charity was last seen on screen in March, fleeing the village with her one-year-old Noah after exacting her revenge on Sadie King (Patsy Kensit) by having a fling with her husband Jimmy King (Nick Miles).

Atkins will begin filming and reappear on screen later in the year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-03-2009)

Excellent News. Wouldnt it be lovely for her and Cain to buy Home Farm. Maybe we will even see Zoe Tate return.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

this is reason enough for me to get back into watching Emmerdale! Cain, Charity and that new family, things seem to be looking up for this flagging show!

Is Noah's dad Chris Tate?

Amazing news! The best person who could possibly return! (apart from Kim Tate of course but lets be honest thats never gonna happen). Things are really improving at last, I much prefer it over Hollyoaks at the moment.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think so yeah
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-03-2009)

Cannot wait for her to return, Emmerdale is definetly getting back to where it used to be. Can't wait for her and Cain to appear on screen together, their chemistry is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Sorry I think Marlon is Noah real dad as Charity slept with Marlon at some family wedding Paddy and Emily's maybe.

I'm the only one who doesn't share everyone's enthusiams for Charity returning, yeah she was alright when the Dingles were running rings round the kings, but to me it's another actress/actor begging for the job back that she thought was too good for.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    DNA tests proved Noah was Chris Tate's son if my memory served me correctly cos Zoe tried to get custody
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

Thread Information