Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Dingle Tate Sharma (Emma Atkins)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    If she really is pregnant, she would be entitled to go on maternity leave ... which would mean she would leave for a short while??
    rakesk don't defend her too good and she gets sent down

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    If she really is pregnant, she would be entitled to go on maternity leave ... which would mean she would leave for a short while??
    rakesk don't defend her too good and she gets sent down

Emma Atkins is taking a hiatus from Emmerdale because she is pregnant.

Atkins's character Charity Dingle was written out of the soap in tonight's (January 20) episode, as she was imprisoned for perverting the course of justice.

The actress announced her intentions to take a year away from Emmerdale in a video on the ITV website.

Her co-star Charley Webb offered congratulations on Twitter, writing: "Finally-everyone knows Emma is leaving to have a baby. Can't wait to be an 'Aunty' again… Emmerdale will miss 'Charity' but she'll be back."

Charity's temporary departure from the soap was tied into the return of Gemma Oaten as Rachel Breckle.

Atkins debuted on Emmerdale as the vixen Charity in 2000, remaining in the main cast until 2005. Charity made a shocking return to Emmerdale back in 2009.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (21-01-2015), maidmarian (21-01-2015), sarah c (22-01-2015), tammyy2j (21-01-2015)

a year without charity, no that is too long

Emmerdale actress Emma Atkins has revealed she is eight months pregnant having kept her baby secret for most of her pregnancy.

You would think being on screen most days of the week would make it tricky to hide an enormous baby bump, but Emma Atkins has achieved the impossible, keeping her pregnancy under wraps until her Charity Dingle storyline played out.
    Not to us SoapBoarders

Soap bosses were keen to preserve the story, and felt that if viewers new Emma was pregnant they’d already know the outcome of the plot.

The outcome was revealed earlier this week as Charity was sent to prison for two years after a surprise witness propped up during her court case.

‘I can’t believe we managed to keep it a secret for so long, I am so delighted,’ she told The Sun.

‘It couldn’t come at a nicer time, if all goes according to plan then I’ll have my baby just before my 40th birthday, it’ll be such a nice birthday present.’

During Emma’s recent scenes, which saw her character running away through the woods from her murder-plotting husband, a stunt double was on hand just in case things got a bit much for the pregnant actress.

But even the actress is glad that Charity has finally come a cropper of her own wicked ways.

‘It was wonderful because Charity always thought she could get away with it, then suddenly she’s served a curve ball.

‘People love to defend their characters, but I can’t, she’s such a wrong’un and full of naughtiness.’
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-01-2015 at 13:31.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (23-01-2015)

I hope Rachel will still be in the village by the time Charity returns. Would love to see how it plays out.

Charity Dingle will return to the soap for one episode next week as Cain pays her a visit in prison

Charity (Emma Atkins) was written out of the soap last month when she was imprisoned for perverting the course of justice.

In scenes to be aired next week, Cain will lie to his wife Moira when he takes Charity's son Noah to see her.

However, despite his secrecy, it is clear that Cain is dreading seeing his former lover as he is worried about her feelings for him.

Arriving at the prison, Noah is delighted to see Charity, but Cain is left in an awkward predicament when he goes to leave and Charity begs him to stay.

Charity is clearly relieved to see Cain but after she sends Noah off to a vending machine, she begins to talk to Cain alone, What will she say?

In real life, Atkins is having a year's break from the soap due to pregnancy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (17-02-2015)

Emmerdale star Emma Atkins has confirmed that she gave birth to a baby son last month.

The actress, who plays Charity Dingle on the ITV soap, welcomed her first child with her partner Tom.

Speaking of the news for the first time, Atkins told The Sun: "We've had a lovely, healthy baby boy.

"He arrived just before my 40th birthday, which was the best present."

Atkins's pregnancy news was only announced officially in January, after Emmerdale viewers had watched Charity receive a two-year jail sentence for perverting the course of justice.

While some fans had noticed the efforts to hide Atkins's baby bump on screen, show bosses wanted viewers to be surprised by Charity's shock exit.

In an interview after Charity's imprisonment, Atkins confirmed that she would be taking a year off from Emmerdale.

She said at the time: "It's only right that Charity is brought to justice and is going to prison for two years, but don't worry - I'm sure she'll be out on good behaviour if she plays her cards right!

"I am leaving probably for about a year, because I'm leaving to have a baby which is really exciting. I will miss Emmerdale so much but it's a new little journey in my own life that I'm taking on now. But I'll miss everyone and I can't wait to go back."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (18-04-2015), maidmarian (17-04-2015), tammyy2j (23-04-2015)

Emmerdale schemer Charity Dingle may currently be locked away in prison, but it seems that may not stop her from causing trouble for her family from afar.

Show producer Kate Oates has revealed that the ITV soap will soon be revisiting Charity's storyline, as she tries her best to secure an early release.

The ruthless character has been handed a two-year jail sentence for perverting the course of justice, but as fans well know that Charity is never down on her luck for long, could she already be on the right track to freedom?

Oates told Emmerdale's official website: "The eagle-eared amongst you may remember that when Cain went to visit Charity in prison, she told him that maybe she had a little bit of a scam up her sleeve that might give her a reduced sentence.

"We're going to be revealing what that is really soon, and it's going to have a huge impact on Debbie and the rest of the Dingles."

Emma Atkins, who plays Charity, is taking a one-year break from Emmerdale as she is currently on maternity leave. She welcomed the arrival of a baby son last month.

Charity's exit aired in January, but she reappeared briefly on screen the following month for Cain's visit.

While speaking to her old flame, Charity teased: "I could be out sooner than expected. Let's just say life has a way of surprising you."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (24-04-2015), lizann (27-04-2015)

twitter rumours is she is pregnant but by who, cain, ross or di bails or someone else

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (08-06-2015)

Thread Information