Thread: Corrie's Marsh 'may quit for Hollywood'

Corrie's Marsh 'may quit for Hollywood'

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh is considering quitting the show to make a fresh start in the US, according to a report.

The actress, who plays Michelle Connor on the ITV1 soap, is said to be making plans for her long-term future following the sad loss of her premature baby Archie last month.

Marsh's partner Jamie Lomas announced that he is quitting his role as Warren Fox in Hollyoaks earlier this week. He is now expected to search for acting work in Hollywood.

A source told The People: "Kym is contracted to Coronation Street until next year so she couldn't feasibly quit until then and wouldn't want to either.

"But the chance to start a new career in Los Angeles might be just what she needs after losing the baby.

"The tragedy has brought Kym and Jamie closer together. And if he does get a job in America, it would make sense, given the interest in her, for Kym to get work there too."

However, a Coronation Street spokesman insisted: "Kym is 100% committed to the show. She has no plans to look for work in America or to live there."

I hope she goes, no place for her in Corrie anymore

Why do English soap actors think they will be great in America? Americans have different tastes in culture to us Brits. Even though a lot of great British shows particularly comedies are shown over there, a lot have to be remade, in order to suit their tastes.

I think she is great in Corrie, but as an actor in an American programme - no way. Just look at Michelle Ryan. You need to take time and build up your reputation at home first, as a nation's treasure. One role on Corrie doesn't equal international stardom. Brits need to take cues from Aussies and learn how to work their way up the ladder first. Look at Guy Pierce, Julian McCahon and Isla Fisher - they all started somewhere and successfully worked their way up!

She's a tad deluded, I think.

Oh dear, sound familar? *thinks back to 7 years ago* Jack wanted the same thing when he left Eastenders, but for the last 7 years all he has done is make some crap movie and do plays, anyone else think Kym will just do the same?

Sig dedicated to Charley

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx-Vicky-xX For This Useful Post:

RuebenClara (20-03-2009)

I can understand her wanting to make a fresh start but she has no chance of getting work in the USA if she does it will be blink and you miss her roles. There are hundreds of actor/actresses all over the world who want to make it in America and it can take years before they get a decent role.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Xx-Vicky-xX View Post
    Oh dear, sound familar? *thinks back to 7 years ago* Jack wanted the same thing when he left Eastenders, but for the last 7 years all he has done is make some crap movie and do plays, anyone else think Kym will just do the same?
    Lol! Seems she did not learn from her ex. If all goes wrong, she could always re-form Hearsay!

I can understand watching a fresh start, but its going to be hard in AMerica, like you say they have different tastes and there are only a few brits who i can think have done well over there, Hugh Laurie, Ashley Jenson, Michelle Ryan etc, but they established themselves first

Thread Information